Sign in to follow this  
CaptBmckay

NTDLL CTD's P3D

Gentleman, I now randomly have been receiving the NTDLL crashes after having no problems for months. Its consuming me. I am at work now reading every forum for answers.

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

Split from another post.  Trying to manage several types of crashes in one post is difficult.

The ntdll.dll crash is common.  There are many suggestions for fixing this crash in the AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature).  There is no known fix that works for everyone.  You will have to investigate "the scene of the crime".  AVSIM recommends you move your p3d.cfg, dll.xml, and exe.xml (if you have them) to a temporary folder and then restart p3d and the p3d.cfg will be rebuilt.  This fixes a majority of the crashes as many employ tweaks in their p3d.cfg that are not compatible with their computer.  The dll.xml and exe.xml load modules that might be incompatible with P3D so, if rebuilding the P3D.cfg did not fix the problem, then you need to see if one of the modules inside the dll.xml is corrupted or incompatible.  This is explained in the CTD Guide how to modify the dll.xml and exe.xml to try to find the offending module.  Lastly, if overclocked, this is a know cause of this crash if your cpu voltage is too high or too low.  You can play with the cpu voltage or return your overclock back to the defaults and start all over.  If you are not overclocked, this this does not apply.

EDIT:  Did you upgrade to P3D 3.2 yet?  That might fix it too.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have. Its kind of strange. Everything works well its just after about 40 minutes into cruise The sound stutters and boom, I recieve an error stating P3D fatal error program must close. It appears to only be happening with the Airbus X

Clear Skies,

Brandon McKay

I totally stopped the NTTdll..dll crashes I started getting a couple of months ago that were happening on about every 5th flight or so, doing these two things:

1. In My Traffic 6 ,  renamed the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive ( I think this was the main cause of my CTD's) 

2. Turned off UAC in windows. 

Haven't had one in almost 2 weeks. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yes, regarding MyTraffic, that's stated in the AVSIM CTD Guide as one of the possibilities.  According to the developer, it's a scheduling program error.  All of the AI have to have a flight plan to take off and land.  If an AI does not have a flight plan, it cannot take off or land and the sim crashes.  I thought this problem was fixed in MyTraffic6 but evidently not.  You did the right thing by deactivating the military.bgl.  I have not seen it yet in MyTraffic6.  It was common in MyTrafficX5.4c.

Best regards,

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

good morning

yesterday evening i had this error just 10min after took of ksfo

i don't know why but since i had updated P3D from 2.5 to 3 i am not able to achieve a flight from ksfo to paris, with the 777 pmdg with orbx global vector and lc

however when i fligh in enrope for exemple paris to dubai or dubai to paris 7H30 flight sometimes i have no problem at all!

So ntdl.dll could be a problem with orbx LC ?

Frédéric Giraud

My issue was with MyTrafficX 6a.  I wish there was a way we could tell you what to do to fix your issue.  I hear you, it's madding!

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I totally stopped the NTTdll..dll crashes I started getting a couple of months ago that were happening on about every 5th flight or so, doing these two things:

1. In My Traffic 6 ,  renamed the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive ( I think this was the main cause of my CTD's) 

2. Turned off UAC in windows. 

Haven't had one in almost 2 weeks. 

I turned UAC back on and it has been on for over a week and still now CTDs, so it was definetly the My Traffic 6   renamed the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive fix . 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I turned UAC back on and it has been on for over a week and still now CTDs, so it was definetly the My Traffic 6   renamed the file MyTraffic\scenery\MyTrafficmil.bgl to MyTrafficmil.bgl.passive fix . 

Great post Bob