Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

TEXTUREMAXLOAD=?

Hey! Man , cheers from Monterrey Mexico, well this value can change, depending 1- Your resources, as i see you have an ssd , that's pretty fast, and the graphic card.

Which i recommend use the HD value TEXTUREMAXLOAD=2048, try it... If it doesn´t works use =1024 .

Peace!

:wink:  :smile:

Hey! Man , cheers from Monterrey Mexico, well this value can change, depending 1- Your resources, as i see you have an ssd , that's pretty fast, and the graphic card.

Which i recommend use the HD value TEXTUREMAXLOAD=2048, try it... If it doesn´t works use =1024 .

Peace!

:wink:  :smile:

I think you are confusing both settings TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD and TextureMaxLoad which are two different things ;-)

cheers,

André

It's an odd one TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 seems to fit well with high LOD and Autogen, but go too high on the LOD and 180-90 flatlines like it's run out of steam, so back down to 30. Mid range autogen and LOD there's a sweet spot with TBM180, and at low to none TBM90 works well. Testing with Unlimited+VSync=Off means it's always going flat out, but coming back on the NI limiter showed the same result with more relaxed rate of change to fps around the sweet spot. Conclusion, leave at 30, but try 90-180 in medium autogen and LOD ranges, avoid topping out at high autogen and LOD keep to 30.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

It's an odd one TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30 seems to fit well with high LOD and Autogen, but go too high on the LOD and 180-90 flatlines like it's run out of steam, so back down to 30. Mid range autogen and LOD there's a sweet spot with TBM180, and at low to none TBM90 works well. Testing with Unlimited+VSync=Off means it's always going flat out, but coming back on the NI limiter showed the same result with more relaxed rate of change to fps around the sweet spot. Conclusion, leave at 30, but try 90-180 in medium autogen and LOD ranges, avoid topping out at high autogen and LOD keep to 30.

So with maxed out autogen and lod TBM should be 30. How about TML? 30 as well?

So with maxed out autogen and lod TBM should be 30. How about TML? 30 as well?

What I do to keep things simple is to set the TBM value to the same as my locked frame rate value - this way I can forget all about TBM and just tweak TML instead. As per the formula:

TextureMaxLoad = max(TextureMaxLoad, TextureMaxLoad*TextureBandwidthMult/LimitedFramerate)

example: TML=9, TBM=30, Framerate=30

TextureMaxLoad = max(9, 9*30/30) : resulting TML=9

example: TML=15, TBM=30, Framerate=30

TextureMaxLoad = max(15, 15*30/30) : resulting TML=15

example: TML=15, TBM=33, Framerate=33

TextureMaxLoad = max(15, 15*33/33) : resulting TML=15

As you can see, using this method TML will evaluate to the value it was originally set to regardless of TBM value. This simplifies things as you only have to tweak one value.

Darren Morris

My testing with TML TBM etc uncovers a perhaps unique situation on my hardware.   I have a six core Intel OC'd to 4.6 with HT on with AM settings to utilize 4 of the cores.  Typically 00 00 01 01 01 01 because when I use 00 01 01 01 01 00 I see an increase in texture blur and black textures for a split second using the exact same P3D.cfg, NVI...  This blur doesn't make sense to me since I have all cores synched to same multiplier for OC so should be the same.  Frankly I thought freeing up core 0 would work better for me but in fact the reverse is true.  Pretty consistent too since I have seen the same behavior across multiple OS's (Win 7 forward) OS reinstalls and flight sims (FSX, P3D). I never could figure it out but perhaps some of you have a similar situation strange as it may be.  

Mike Todd

Mongrelf

What I do to keep things simple is to set the TBM value to the same as my locked frame rate value - this way I can forget all about TBM and just tweak TML instead. As per the formula:

TextureMaxLoad = max(TextureMaxLoad, TextureMaxLoad*TextureBandwidthMult/LimitedFramerate)

example: TML=9, TBM=30, Framerate=30

TextureMaxLoad = max(9, 9*30/30) : resulting TML=9

example: TML=15, TBM=30, Framerate=30

TextureMaxLoad = max(15, 15*30/30) : resulting TML=15

example: TML=15, TBM=33, Framerate=33

TextureMaxLoad = max(15, 15*33/33) : resulting TML=15

As you can see, using this method TML will evaluate to the value it was originally set to regardless of TBM value. This simplifies things as you only have to tweak one value.

the formula was quoted back in the early days of FSX was as follows:-

MAX_TEXTURE_ DATA=(TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD*(TextureMaxLoad*TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULTIPLIER))/UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT

and for unlimited frames. 

MAX_TEXTURE_DATA=TextureMaxLoad*TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD

it was also suggested that the value TextureMaxLoad  only seems to work when frames are set to UNLIMITED inside FSX.

Who knows If this works in P3D .

bob

I'll say it again: Works on fps value input into equation. Not whether you're setting the fixed fps slider or not. Fixed frames are the visual frames count. Like unlimited, the Fixed mode continues to build frames as fast as possible up to the buffer length.

So when your system is happily keeping a frame rate up, the bandwidth is the same all the time. But deplete some look ahead frames and more bandwidth is required to replenish them.

Testing with Unlimited frames clearly shows the effect of changing the bandwidth.

I know about the formula but I'm more interested in Steves observations of TBM in varying levels of autogen and LOD.

Also I do not used locked frames anymore so I'm not sure the formula would still apply.

Edit : Posted before I saw the last comment.

As I keep saying the formula works for the values input, so input your, say, mean fps and estimate the bandwidth with the formula. However that helps. Only way to find out is to get test results for this one, unless really obvious changes occur. In that case could be some other problem or setting. Conclusion, look out for setting high LOD and Autogen.