Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

What is ProFlightSimulator?

Recently I have been spammed by someone touting this.

They cleverly change the sending address so bypassing any junkmail filter you might set.

What's it about?

Has anyone foolishly installed this thing? :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A way to get you to pay for FlightGear, which is free.  These folks have been around for several years under different names. It's a scam which is in no way associated with the FlightGear folks...

DJ

I just Googles it. They say it's a rebranding of Flightgear, which is a FREE open source flight simulator.

Seems it goes back to around 2010 - amazing that someone has that level of persistence!

Would it be the same person(s) I wonder, and who might they be?

Although one assumes they would simply be harvesting response email addresses at this stage.

And to target me they have hacked the subscriber database of flightsim sites I frequent.

Now to the second part of my question...

I have the latest FlightGear installed, and for a freeware community effort it's a very accomplished and impressive sim indeed. Some aspects are very advanced while others are still catching up, but with every new version they are certainly catching up!

This disgraceful ProFlightSimulator ripoff is also being touted in DVD format on eBay, with pictures of the disks, believe it or not - shame on eBay.

• Upvote 1

Thanks A32, I was wondering if there was ongoing development.

I sometimes "fly" the GE simulator just for fun, so be interesting to see what the open source sim has achieved.