Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

DTG Flight School available on STEAM

Would be very nice if they recognized CH yoke switches also.  Won't let me set the trim with the switch I normally use.

I find the extended control setup a mirror of FSX ( which isn't surprising), but it's not as functional.  Also, there is a calibration entry but it doesn't work for me either.

The major problems I have with the program is the inability to trim without using the CH trim wheel which is not very accurate, and the fact I can't set a return to center switch on my yoke. This makes it hard to return to your front and center view.

I was able to (re)program every button and rocker on my CH Yoke. You have to go to the full list of assignments and double-click on them to open the assignment dialog.

I have used the same assignments I have been using since FS9 so I was anxious to configure DTG Flight School identically. I have always used the rocker on the left side of the yoke for my elevator trim control, and the right rocker for ap on/off, and alt hold set.

I use the big red buttons to cycle categories, and the two gray trigger/pickle buttons to cycle views within a category.

Using the same procedure, you can also assign the "snap to center view" to one of your yoke buttons.

EDIT: I assigned Shift-M to toggle battery/avionics power on/off.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You can use the master through a key command in the settings menu. This isnt meant to replace FSX or P3D, so killing off your addons shouldnt even be an issue at this point. It has 2 planes and is meant to teach people how to fly.

DTG has already said existing FSX/P3D addons simply will not work with either Flight School or Full version... that's where my comment regarding that came from.

LM kept FSX support and started with the same engine. I can still to this day in v3.2 install just about any old FSX addons just fine.

Wrong.  They changed the scenery view significantly.  I have FSX/P3D+Global and the DTG looks nothing like the FSX/P3D scenery.  The DTG has a bluish tint and the distance (LOD) view is very restrained.  All I get is a fuzzy image at about 5 miles or less.  AFAIK this is not user adjustable.

I use the Saitek X-52 PRO flight stick and I have elevator trim and flaps down and all the other buttons and switches are now useless.  I can't find any method of adding to the controls/buttons.  I really miss the F9/F11 views that  I use the X-52 buttons to switch back and forth.  No dice with the DTG.

EDIT:  I just read Fr. Bill's post so there is hope for assigning the buttons/controls.  Yeah. Thanks Fr. Bill.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray, "double-clicking" isn't what I'd call intuitive or obvious. I found it out of sheer stubbornness! :LMAO:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

Wrong.  They changed the scenery view significantly.  I have FSX/P3D+Global and the DTG looks nothing like the FSX/P3D scenery.  The DTG has a bluish tint and the distance (LOD) view is very restrained.  All I get is a fuzzy image at about 5 miles or less.  AFAIK this is not user adjustable.

If your problem is LOD, of course it is user adjustable. I've just ran a test with "LOD_RADIUS=12.500000"  :Big Grin:  Not that I recommend it, but you can. 6.500000 will be just fine. Just tweak fsc.cfg as you always did with fsx.cfg!

• Upvote 1

I was able to (re)program every button and rocker on my CH Yoke. You have to go to the full list of assignments and double-click on them to open the assignment dialog.

I have used the same assignments I have been using since FS9 so I was anxious to configure DTG Flight School identically. I have always used the rocker on the left side of the yoke for my elevator trim control, and the right rocker for ap on/off, and alt hold set.

I use the big red buttons to cycle categories, and the two gray trigger/pickle buttons to cycle views within a category.

Using the same procedure, you can also assign the "snap to center view" to one of your yoke buttons.

EDIT: I assigned Shift-M to toggle battery/avionics power on/off.

Bill, I tried the double click and it still wouldn't let me program my left rocker switch for trim.  I guess I'll do a steam file verify and see if that clears it up. If all else fails, is there a config file (ala FSX) that will let me do  it manually?

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Rick, it is the same as FSX/P3D.

C:\Users\SimMachine\AppData\Roaming\Dovetail Games\FSc\Controls\Standard.XML

Here is the setup for my CH Yoke's controls, buttons, and rockers.

<SimControls.Map>
        <Name>CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB {C9786F80-611C-11E5-8006-444553540000}</Name>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>XAxis</AxName>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_AILERONS_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>64</AxScale>
            <AxNull>36</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>YAxis</AxName>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>64</AxScale>
            <AxNull>36</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>ZAxis</AxName>
            <Index>2</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_THROTTLE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>127</AxScale>
            <AxNull>1</AxNull>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>RxAxis</AxName>
            <Index>3</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_MIXTURE_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
        <Axis>
            <AxName>RyAxis</AxName>
            <Index>4</Index>
            <AxEvent>AXIS_PROPELLER_SET</AxEvent>
            <AxScale>127</AxScale>
        </Axis>
        <Entry>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <Down>NEXT_SUB_VIEW</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>1</Index>
            <Down>PREV_SUB_VIEW</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>2</Index>
            <Down>AP_ATT_HOLD</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>3</Index>
            <Down>AP_ALT_HOLD</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>4</Index>
            <Down>SPOILERS_TOGGLE</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>5</Index>
            <Down>GEAR_TOGGLE</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>6</Index>
            <Down>FLAPS_DECR</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>7</Index>
            <Down>FLAPS_INCR</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>8</Index>
            <Down>VIEW_MODE_REV</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>9</Index>
            <Down>VIEW_MODE</Down>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>10</Index>
            <Down>ELEV_TRIM_UP</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </Entry>
        <Entry>
            <Index>11</Index>
            <Down>ELEV_TRIM_DN</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </Entry>
        <POV>
            <Index>0</Index>
            <Down>PAN_VIEW</Down>
            <DownRpt>1</DownRpt>
        </POV>
    </SimControls.Map>

Fr. Bill    

Thanks, Bill.  I thought it would be, but I haven't had time to get that deep into its' innards.  This should work just fine. I think I'll just copy my controls section from FSX and see if I can wedge it into Flight School.  I guess I'm a little strange as I enjoy doing these little surgical procedures.:)

Funny thing is that DTG recognized my pedals including toe brakes right away. I remember this being a problem in Flight that we eventually solved.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals