Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Brighter terrain, darker cloud shadows - DONE!

What molleh has shown is real close to what I have in mine. Unless there is another revision, I'm pleased with what I have now.

I would think that as all of these type mods go, major differences would be between individuals monitor setup.

There is also, who is using the original provided files and who is using the alternates. I used all files, but replaced the cloud.fx with with alternate and the tweak offered by KNOSSOS  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

This is what I have can anyone critique this visual, does this look correct?

v6uque.jpg

Nick Sciortino

This is what I have can anyone critique this visual, does this look correct?v6uque.jpg

I think there is no correct when it comes to tweak/mods like this. There only is 'I like it' or 'I don't like it'. And beside the tweaks a LOT depends on monitor settings (software as well as hardware). What may look awesome on one PC may look terrible on another because of this.

C:\Users\rsvet\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Rich Sennett

I use Cloud.fx_alternative, HDR.hlsl  variants in Pe11e's pack

in GPUTerrain.fx variant use this modification:

const float3 sunAmbient = cb_mLights[sUN_LIGHT].mAmbient.xyz * 0.75;

instead of

const float3 sunAmbient = cb_mLights[sUN_LIGHT].mAmbient.xyz * 0.1;

and don't modify this line

const float3 finalSunColor = (sunAmbient + saturate(sunDiffuse * (sunContrib * 1.8f * shadowContrib)));// + pointLightsDiffuse);

Default sky textures, no Reshade, HDR is on (brightness = 1.10, bloom = 0.3, saturation=1.2), volumetric fog is on.

both strings are correct, no difference.

Too many lines need to be listed IMO, it's easier just to compare default and tweaked files to find differences.

Thanks for the tweaks appreciated and it was precise my point with issues occur...

Not even close for me, but if it makes you satisfied it's all about personal preference...

André

Thanks for the tweaks appreciated and it was precise my point with issues occur...

Not even close for me, but if it makes you satisfied it's all about personal preference...

Since I am partially color blind and my Blues and Grays are hard for me to distinguish could you tell me what is off and what is looking ok. I would like to have something set as correctly as I can because my grand children and siblings often look at the screen. I could use a little help.

Nick Sciortino

Hello,

I have tried the pack just now and I do have just a little issue.

2la9003.jpg

Also if I replace the cloud.fx I dont have low level clouds anymore.

Arslan Nouar

The ratio in general.fx works also on 3D cockpit shadow, so if you set 0.1f, you'll need a lighter to find the throttle :Tounge:

Please can you tell me which line? 

thank you !

v6uque.jpg

Depends a lot on what time of day it is. Looking at the shadows it must be around mid-day, if that is right the clouds are a bit dark, maybe quite a bit. Looking at the ground it seems your monitor may be set to dark to begn with. (I've gone thru adjustments on mine)

Did you try using the cloud.fx-alternative file and rename it to cloud.fx (also backed up the original cloud.fx)?

Hello,

I have tried the pack just now and I do have just a little issue.

2la9003.jpg

Also if I replace the cloud.fx I dont have low level clouds anymore.

I hope you backed everything up that you changed. It looks almost like the shaders haven't finished rebuilding, it can take a while depending on the speed of your machine. (if you deleted the shaders folder before you restarted P3D)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

It it probably because I still use v3.0, don't ask me why am sick of reinstalling everything for just a little change, am very very happy with my sim right now and don't feel worth reinstalling it until it breaks or some huge changes in the sim  :Tounge:

I did back up fortunately  :smile: , I tried both clouds.fx files both make me loosing the low level clouds so I took it off. The ground like you said seems like it did not rebuild the shader yet but that was like that for about an hours, I had played with the settings a bit and I made to work somehow may be not the result intended but it does indeed look better.

Thanks very much Jim appreciate the help ;)

Arslan Nouar

Applied tweak for darker autogen in the shade, adjusted haze hue and shadow color in sky_noon_x.bmp and this is the result, I think this is the most amazing visual setup I've done so far, it looks AMAZING:

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-50-34-54_cr_zpsk4v

Dwm%202016-04-10%2002-56-06-55_cr_zps6xz

Currently settled at 0.3 terrain shadows, and 0.5 autogen shadows.

Also after I enabled multiple visibility layers in ASN, suddenly haze and the whole ambient looks so much better, so much closer to the real life view from FL 350.

Maybe I should only lighten cockpit shadows a bit, but this is very close! I'm in heaven!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thank you for posting this mod it has made a big difference.

Kevin Humphryes

I dont really fly much during the day

Hope you don`t sleep in a creepy dungeon inside a wooden box either Rich......

Following thread, waiting for beta phase to conclude........

tpewpb-6.png

Applied tweak for darker autogen in the shade, adjusted haze hue and shadow color in sky_noon_x.bmp and this is the result, I think this is the most amazing visual setup I've done so far, it looks AMAZING:

Currently settled at 0.3 terrain shadows, and 0.5 autogen shadows.

Also after I enabled multiple visibility layers in ASN, suddenly haze and the whole ambient looks so much better, so much closer to the real life view from FL 350.

Maybe I should only lighten cockpit shadows a bit, but this is very close! I'm in heaven!

Does look amazing but can you post some dusk or dawn shots - are the trees and buildings still to bright ? thanks 

Rich Sennett