Sign in to follow this  
Pe11e

Brighter terrain, darker cloud shadows - DONE!

Thank you Pe11e. One question: is it possible to adjust the color of the haze, to blue, like what we see in XP10?

The level of technical expertise and sheer bodgery exhibited by some members of our Community never fails to amaze!!  Superb stuff Pe11e! :Applause:

Enjoy your new realistic visuals captains! 

Great work Pe11e.  Can't wait to try this out.

Thanks PE11e, tried only the terrain and clouds, definitely a great job!  :wink:

Thank you Pe11e. One question: is it possible to adjust the color of the haze, to blue, like what we see in XP10?

You're welcome Oliver. I think that color of the haze depends of installed sky texture, either REX, default, etc. So experiment. :)

The level of technical expertise and sheer bodgery exhibited by some members of our Community never fails to amaze!!  Superb stuff Pe11e! :Applause:

Thank you! But don't thank me as much you must thank some russian simmers that originally made this tweaks, and one guy called Leo Grant that sent me another shader pack for dark clouds at night, haze effect and HDR tweaks. I've only collected the tweaks, tested them, adjusted some tweaks and made this pack. :)

Great work Pe11e.  Can't wait to try this out.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

You're welcome Oliver. I think that color of the haze depends of installed sky texture, either REX, default, etc. So experiment. :)

Thank you! But don't thank me as much you must thank some russian simmers that originally made this tweaks, and one guy called Leo Grant that sent me another shader pack for dark clouds at night, haze effect and HDR tweaks. I've only collected the tweaks, tested them, adjusted some tweaks and made this pack. :)

Cheers!

Great work for collecting them and sharing here with our fellow simmers.

Cheers,

André

MAybe I should make a new thread for this shader pack v1? It's not related to brighter terrain/darker shadows only anymore. :)

Also, I forgot to add this in the readme, very important!

TESTED IN V3.2, NOT SURE WILL IT WORK IN PRIOR VERSIONS! I DOUBT IT WILL!

DON'T FORGET TO REBUILD THE SHADER CACHE PRIOR TO LAUNCHING P3D BY DELETING ALL FILES IN THIS FOLDER -> c:\Users\PD\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

MAybe I should make a new thread for this shader pack v1? It's not related to brighter terrain/darker shadows only anymore. :)

Also, I forgot to add this in the readme, very important!

TESTED IN V3.2, NOT SURE WILL IT WORK IN PRIOR VERSIONS! I DOUBT IT WILL!

DON'T FORGET TO REBUILD THE SHADER CACHE PRIOR TO LAUNCHING P3D BY DELETING ALL FILES IN THIS FOLDER -> c:\Users\PD\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders\

Good idea for testing because local here I find the shadows to dark and notice something of with outside shadows of the aircraft need to test more so we can share our personal settings...

André

Good idea for testing because local here I find the shadows to dark and notice something of with outside shadows of the aircraft need to test more so we can share our personal settings...

Shadow intesity (darkness) depends on HDR brightness, monitor brightness and calibration, and of course your personal preference. :) 

I didn't understood the part about something of with outside shadows of the aircraft? Corrupted, too dark, buggy? Everything seems fine here.

Shadow intesity (darkness) depends on HDR brightness, monitor brightness and calibration, and of course your personal preference. :) 

I didn't understood the part about something of with outside shadows of the aircraft? Corrupted, too dark, buggy? Everything seems fine here.

Correct even the textures installed will change the experience ;-) lot of settings can influence the end result local.

That's why I think you could make a topic with a screenshot and personal settings local so others can benefit from that starting point.

Because it's all about personal preference as for colours running a hardware calibrated monitor lol so I'm good ;-)...

But the value of 0.1f is to dark in different settings and lightning compared to the real world here local.

Dis advantage with the cloud shader is that you get a weird mix of dark and light clouds when there are few clouds prefer another solution for the night flying here :-)

That is to load a different config for night flying to begin with.

Testing now with the cloud shadows...

To add this my personal experience and preference can be different for everyone...

André

Looks interesting :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Andre ,

You could give my approach for nightflying a try.

Nightflying I am doing with Night Environment.

My settings with HDR on :

-.brightness 0.35

- bloom 10.0 --> this you need to modify this manually in your P3D.cfg file

- saturisation 0.90

The low brightness value makes even the clouds dark, but the high bloom value brings very nice nightlighting.

I use photoscenery only, mostly Mega Scenery Earth. Also for the Netherlands as the NL2000 underground is too dark compared to other countries.

However , I use their 3D objects...

Here a screenshot at night with the settings above

Adam%20cust%2010%20wide%20AG.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This is nice Pe11e. It looks good HDR on or off with your tweak files. Hdr off I adjust with a little gamma from the NCP. Hdr on I adjust the brightness in sim. Think I will go try the other files.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Everything seems fine here.

Thanks for the link to that shader pack. This is becoming the equivalent to the legendary "Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer" app for FSX. Of course, that app fixed a lot of bugs introduced in the FSX DX10 preview mode. This pack for P3d is more of a refinement of the already immersive LM handiwork.