Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

Long shot question regarding rudder pedals

I know this is probably a long shot, but I want to ask anyway.

I have a Mobo steering wheel and pedals that I use when driving racing sims.

I'm wondering if the pedals would be compatible for use as rudder pedals with prepar3d and/or XPlane?

I dont want to buy pedals if I dont have to.

If they wont work, my first option is just using the twist function of the Saitek X55 Rhino stick.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanx.

Maybe they will work but you'll probably lack the braking functionality.

Plane rudder pedals provide left/right rudder control but also wheel braking : To operate the rudder you press on the bottom part of the pedals, so that they slide back and forth on tracks, and to operate the brakes, you press the top part of the pedals so that they rotate towards the floor.

Not really a Long Shot question.

Please Google "FSX racing pedals rudder pedals" and  you'll find several threads and instructions on how to do this.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Another issue is the independent movement of racing pedals. A minor issue but actually it feels so wrong not having reciprocal movement. Might be better than nothing but for me if I can't use my proper ones I'd rather use a twist stick.

Still it won't cost anything to try and it might work for you.

Chris

I know this is probably a long shot, but I want to ask anyway.

I have a Mobo steering wheel and pedals that I use when driving racing sims.

I'm wondering if the pedals would be compatible for use as rudder pedals with prepar3d and/or XPlane?

Back in the mid 2000s I had the same setup for racing games and was able to assign the brake and gas pedals as rudder pedals in FSX. Granted I had to use the space bar or other assignment for brakes. It worked well until I wore out the pedals and had to buy an actual set of rudder pedals for FSX. You can do it to, you'll just need to fiddle with the assignments in FSX to get it setup correctly. Either way, it was so much better than using the twist grip for rudder control.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator