Sign in to follow this  
KORDATC

B744 Cockpit Visit For Grown Man

What danger? :)

Helios flight 522 crashed killing all on board because one switch was in the wrong position. That danger.

Helios flight 522 crashed killing all on board because one switch was in the wrong position. That danger.

Yes, and what had that to do with allowing a passenger into the cockpit? In the case you mentioned it was the pilots who overlooked the switch after a maintenance inspection if I remember correctly. First mistake of the maintenance guy not to return the switch to its position, then mistake of the crew not to catch it during pre-flight. If they let someone in they will pay attention to what he does and won't let him randomly turn knobs or push switches...

Come on guys, we are all brain-washed by the terrorism paranoia. It's very sad to live in a world like that.

I prefer the marginal risk of a terrorist attack over completely shutting yourself off from friendly human interaction. That "kills" your life even more in the long run.

If the "bad guys" want to bring an aircraft down, they will find the way, don't ever doubt that.

• Upvote 3

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F

Years ago I was not familiar with JFK approaches and found it interesting they kept you above 10,000 when approaching from the west over Manhattan and they had the speed brakes on the full descent down and got that explanation from the FO.

This isn't for security or anything - it's because EWR, TEB, and LGA are all under that approach path. As such, they keep JFK arrivals above all of those streams.

That has absolutely nothing to do with passenger visits.

----------

Since this otherwise innocuous original question has been dragged into the realm of unnecessary paranoia, I'm going to close this one down.

Lately, we've been letting a lot of these loosely related threads exist because they're tangentially related to our products, either current or in development. It seems that - of late - a lot of these threads have been getting derailed by people causing a fuss where it isn't really merited. If this continues, we might just start closing these types of threads down to limit this unnecessary vitriol.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

a lot of these threads have been getting derailed by people causing a fuss where it isn't really merited. If this continues, we might just start closing these types of threads down to limit this unnecessary vitriol.

I'm sorry for having participated in the "derailment" of the thread :)

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F