Sign in to follow this  
flesland

Airplanes steer to the right or left payware and freeware P3D v3.2

Hey friends, I have this issue, no matter the airplane, when apply thrust tend to steer right or left, PMDG, Aerosoft, default, this issue as I can realize is connected with weather, when I apply winds calm, takeoff of every plane goes well, but when I apply 10 kt or more this issue appears, with P3D custom weather or active sky next. autorudder is always activated.

data: windows 7 64 bits

Prepar3d v3.2

PMDG 737NGX or aerosoft Airbus.

active sky next and default weather

FSUIPC v4.95 registered.

I tested with calibrated joystick microsoft sidewinder. This issue never happen with FSX.  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: .

Thanks in advance.

Nibaldo Soto A.

Hi Nibaldo

I do not use FSUIPC so I can't help you here. But I had that kind of problems early on with v3. I found that v3 came to me with messed up calibration (rudder values were spread up on 64 values instead of 128) and a double assignement for an axis (aileron or rudder I don't remember).  

A calibration is not enough, you should make an exhaustive review of all the three tabs of  the control settings panel for all your controllers.

Hope that helps a little.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Are you sure that it is not the normal steer which comes from the wind which blows against the rudder?

When the wind blows from the left then the airplane will also steer to the left.

The rudder will catch the wind like a big sail and puschs the front of the plane around the middle axis (main gear) to the wind.

Are you talking about breakaway thrust and the a/c then veering left or right? Or during taxi?

At anything above 20kts taxiing your control surfaces start to react which is why a lot of airports have speed restrictions of 15kts.

I have unistalled and reinstall a fresh Prepar3D v3, I can make sure the problem is present when I have more than 12 or 13 kts of wind, (i'm using ASN), but this problem did not happen with FSX no matter the wind speed, I followed the advices suggested according let FSUIPC have the control of joystick, so I did, I disabled the prepar3d settings for my joystick microsoft sidewinder. I don´t know what else to do. 

A calibration is not enough, you should make an exhaustive review of all the three tabs of  the control settings panel for all your controllers.

How could I know the right settings for calibration of my joystick?

Thanks in advance

Nibaldo Soto A.

Same happened to me.

All I did was recalibrate the joystick inside P3D's control section. Now it works absolutely fine. I think P3d takes the wind a little too sensitively in the sim, where an a320 or 737 will be zigzagging down the runway with only ten knot headwind. Its annoying but hopefully this rudder fix will work.

Or you might just have your rudder trim set to one way on all the aircraft for some reasons!

maybe I am wrong but I would check your ASN setting, that can be very nasty.

Check in this forum or ASN one's the normal user setting.

Setting->Wind Options

Set-up a flight without an external weather engine. In other words just load a flight using default values. You should have zero wind and standard weather. Your FSUIPC may still input a small value such as surface gusts but if so temporarily turn that off. Recalibrate your joystick settings and make sure all your trim settings in the aircraft are neutral. Taxi at no more than 10-15kts. with this set-up you should not experience any strong deflections.

Set your realism settings to a lower setting...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

That fixes it for me!  Thanks Gerard!

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10