Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

A Small Update on FreeMeshX - USA

Click on those named like... freemesh Asia - there must be folder "scenery" (sometimes even "texture" too) in it !

Like in this example, a folder "Blencove_FSX" has being added. Clicking on "Blencove_FSX" (not on "scenery" or "texture" in it!) and the "OK". Done.

FSX_SceneryRegistration.JPG

FSX_Scenery.JPG

Here's a couple of screenshots of my file directory on the X drive.

What folders do I need to bring into V4 with the scenery editor?

ZCYU6DN.jpg

C6mhDOI.jpg

Thanks for being patient with me.

Jack Sawyer

So they have been unpacked right ?

Assuming they are... start P3D v4 go to scenery library and add scenery, find those files on your hard drive and add them, one by one, clicking on the main folder, like FreeMeshX - Africa and then do the same with rest.

Patches folder add last, once again!

That's it, click OK, and then just wait... for some half an hour! :biggrin: Kidding, more like 23 minutes.

Good luck.

10 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

So they have been unpacked right ?

Assuming they are... start P3D v4 go to scenery library and add scenery, find those files on your hard drive and add them, one by one, clicking on the main folder, like FreeMeshX - Africa and then do the same with rest.

Patches folder add last, once again!

That's it, click OK, and then just wait... for some half an hour! :biggrin: Kidding, more like 23 minutes.

Good luck.

Yes, they're unpacked.

Notice the path though.  Do I click inside the FreemeshX 1.05 patch directory and choose these?  Or do I do something else?  Because inside the other folders in the first screenshot there's many sub folders, so many to choose from.

Jack Sawyer

I can not see how more clear I could be. :biggrin:

You should click on FreeMesh - Patches. Then just OK. That folder supposed to have only ONE sub-folder in it. Named "scenery". And scenery should have many files with .bgl extensions. Like:

a_borneo_01.bgl

a_E030_01.bgl

a_florida_01.bgl

a_himalayas_01.bgl

You should always only click (add) those main folders, not the sub-folders, so there's always a "scenery" folder right under it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gamer19 said:

I can not see how more clear I could be. :biggrin:

You should click on FreeMesh - Patches. Then just OK. That folder supposed to have only ONE sub-folder in it. Named "scenery". And scenery should have many files with .bgl extensions. Like:

a_borneo_01.bgl

a_E030_01.bgl

a_florida_01.bgl

a_himalayas_01.bgl

You should always only click (add) those main folders, not the sub-folders, so there's always a "scenery" folder right under it.

I know how frustrated you must be gamer and I appreciate your help.

Now, taking a look at my first screenshot, I do this:

Click on FreemeshX 1.05 patch and click ok, it'll add everything to the scenery library.

Then do the same for the one below it, FreemeshX 1.06 patch.

Then Asia, Europe and on down the line?  And I'll be done?

You said the patches need to be above all the other entries?

Jack Sawyer

Above and under,:ha: it's a bit confusing actually with these things...

Basically and perhaps most simple way to explain is - TO ADD THEM LATER. Ok ?

They have to be "on top" of them all cause they contain updated meshes, so they can fix small things that get away in previous releases. So, all in all... they have to have SMALLER number on the end.

Like, patches have to be on top when you look at your scenery library.

So correct order would be like add Asia, add Europe, add.. them all... THEN ad patch 05, THEN patch 06, THEN patch 07. Or, if you like me, extract 06 into 05 folder let it overwrite it all, then do the same with 07, then you will have only ONE patch folder. Is that the case with you too ?

You can actually do it in two ways, I'll quote Daniel, from http://ninetwopro.com/freemeshx-global-1-07-is-now-live/ (I suggest you to read it, if you didn't) main page here:

Here is your installation guide for patch 1.07:

Drag and drop the scenery folder from each FreeMeshX region folder from the 1.07 patch into your corresponding installed region folder. Overwrite all files.

Drag and drop the scenery folder from the FreeMeshX – Patches folder into your existing FreeMeshX – Patches folder. Overwrite any older files.

33 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I know how frustrated you must be gamer and I appreciate your help.

It's ok. We're here to help each other.

• Upvote 1

Thanks gamer!  I think I'm beginning to understand.

Have to go out now so can I post more questions about this later after I print this all out and try to wrap my head around it?

I really REALLY appreciate your help, more than you'll ever know!

Jack Sawyer

45 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Have to go out now so can I post more questions about this later after I print this all out and try to wrap my head around it?

I have to go to bed now. It's 3:15 AM here.

Dammit I have to go to work in 3,5 hours. :bengong:

44 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

I really REALLY appreciate your help, more than you'll ever know!

Oh c'mon... I'm blushin' over here... :blush::males:

46 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Thanks gamer!  I think I'm beginning to understand.

I'm happy more than you'll ever know ! :senang:

• Upvote 1

Very nice Daniel, look foward to it !

• Upvote 1

regards, Andy

MSFS/P3Dv4.5/| i7 9700K @5.0 | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F |32GB3200C16 | ASUS 2080Ti OC connected to 3 x LG 27" monitors 5780x1080 | EVO 970 2TB M2 for sim, EVO PLUS 970 500GB M2 for W10pro64bit | VirtualFly YOKO & TQ6 |  MFG crosswinds | T16000M |

Excellent, the last piece of the puzzle, almost completed!

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

It's looking mighty fine in P3Dv4 (with the ORBX textures and landclass, of course!).

qwD9IUN.jpg

RzIboFt.jpg

yivWUYK.png

C4rLYKK.jpg

2R9lhEH.jpg

• Upvote 1

Daniel, thanks for helping me!  I really appreciate it.

Will this be complicated to install when it's ready?

Jack Sawyer