Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Looks great.

Which settings did you use ?

Thanks

+1

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but want to know the basic steps to follow (to avoid any errors), in re-applying PTA to P3D just after upgrading P3D from one version to another, like moving from v3.2 to v3.3.5, and upgrading using the Client and the Content portions (not a clean installation). Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before, but want to know the basic steps to follow (to avoid any errors), in re-applying PTA to P3D just after upgrading P3D from one version to another, like moving from v3.2 to v3.3.5, and upgrading using the Client and the Content portions (not a clean installation). Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Ed

Hi, Ed!

My suggestion:

1. Make sure that you use actual version of tool (1.4) before upgrade sim. It's important.

2. Upgrade sim, and make copy (manual backup) of subdirectory \ShadesHLSL in sim directory.

3. Start PTA. (You do not need to reinstall it, just start.) After you upgrade version of Prepar3D, PTA should detect that and ask your permission to delete outdated shaders files from PTA backup.

If you select YES, outdated shader backups from old P3D version will be deleted and PTA will create new shaders backup of your new P3D version.

(Actually manual backup in step 2 not necessary, but PTA technique for sim upgrade has not been tested widely)

Regards,

Hi, Ed!

My suggestion:

1. Make sure that you use actual version of tool (1.4) before upgrade sim. It's important.

2. Upgrade sim, and make copy (manual backup) of subdirectory \ShadesHLSL in sim directory.

3. Start PTA. (You do not need to reinstall it, just start.) After you upgrade version of Prepar3D, PTA should detect that and ask your permission to delete outdated shaders files from PTA backup.

If you select YES, outdated shader backups from old P3D version will be deleted and PTA will create new shaders backup of your new P3D version.

(Actually manual backup in step 2 not necessary, but PTA technique for sim upgrade has not been tested widely)

Regards,

Thanks, Yuri, again. Just a question, as for the step 2, should I make the copy (manual backup) after the sim upgrade or before the upgrade?. I'm not so sure if the order does matter or it doesn't.

By the way, excellent application!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

should I make the copy (manual backup) after the sim upgrade or before the upgrade?.

After upgrade.

Huge thanks for the tool. Similar to RSP, this tool is great and these sort of tweaks really improve the look of the sim.

Huge thanks for the tool. Similar to RSP, this tool is great and these sort of tweaks really improve the look of the sim.

I am very pleased, thanks, Garrett.

Guys!

In next build of PTA I'm going to delete some tweaks. Just to simplify tool a little. If anyone use that tweaks, please let me know.

Also I don't like the current method of appointment of post-effects (custom shaders) to cameras.

Wouldn't it be easier if the effects will apply to all cameras, including specific aircraft cameras? Like HDR or FXAA in sim.

deltweaksp_8028343_22895524.png

Wouldn't it be easier if the effects will apply to all cameras

yes

Agree on the custom shaders as well!  I brought it up before but have you considered adding a feature where certain custom shaders will go into effect only at night?  I am using ReShade along with PTA for night flights at the moment to brighten my lights up while keeping the overall environment dark.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Agree on the custom shaders as well!  I brought it up before but have you considered adding a feature where certain custom shaders will go into effect only at night?  I am using ReShade along with PTA for night flights at the moment to brighten my lights up while keeping the overall environment dark.

Yep, "day-night-always" feature for post-processing in todo list.

Hi Yuri -

You have a setting for the water wave speed. Are you planning to incorporate the other wave timing tweaks available? I think it was suggested on another post here.

Any chance you could add a on/off button for the waves. I think they look ok in certain situations but sometimes they are very distracting and unrealistic when in confined harbor areas.

Thanks again for a great utility.

Daniel

Yep, "day-night-always" feature for post-processing in todo list.

I like the simplification Yuri - super work as usual - thank you   :wink:

Rich Sennett

You have a setting for the water wave speed. Are you planning to incorporate the other wave timing tweaks available? I think it was suggested on another post here.

Any chance you could add a on/off button for the waves. I think they look ok in certain situations but sometimes they are very distracting and unrealistic when in confined harbor areas.

No such plans. Maybe later some tweaks for effects files.

This mod has made such a huge difference to the simming experience.  I love it.

Wouldn't it be easier if the effects will apply to all cameras, including specific aircraft cameras? Like HDR or FXAA in sim.

Yes.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.