Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

No need to back them up - they will rebuild give them some time also if you have a 4 core cpu put this in your p3d.cfg file at the top - p3d will put it where it wants

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=85

Rich Sennett

Richard Sennett, on 03 Sept 2016 - 2:48 PM, said:

No need to back them up - they will rebuild give them some time also if you have a 4 core cpu put this in your p3d.cfg file at the top - p3d will put it where it wants

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=85

Will do! I flew after restarting the sim and not emptying the SceneryIndexes and the blurries were back. So before I start up the sim I'll delete those and reapply the shaders. Definitely worth it!!

Last time I put in the AffinityMask tweak my entire sim looked blurry but I think I had set it to 285 or something ridiculous. I'll give it a shot and report my findings.

Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it!

UPDATE: AffintyMask did not improve anything for me, and I saw more blurries so I've removed it. But everything now works like a charm!

Hopefully if anyone runs into the same issue they can read this and be back in the skies!

Will do! I flew after restarting the sim and not emptying the SceneryIndexes and the blurries were back. So before I start up the sim I'll delete those and reapply the shaders. Definitely worth it!!

Last time I put in the AffinityMask tweak my entire sim looked blurry but I think I had set it to 285 or something ridiculous. I'll give it a shot and report my findings.

Thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it!

Good luck 

Rich Sennett

Hello folks!

PTA ver. 1.5 released today. http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

Release notes:
1. Now custom shaders (post-processing) don't need to be assigned to cameras and will apply to all views. (Increase usability and performance of post-processing.)
2. In addition to effect-specific parameters each post-effect shader has new parameter "DayNightUse". The value of this parameter specifies when post-process will be active. DayNightUse = 0 - post-effect will work all the time; 1 - active only at daylight; 2 - night; 3 - twilight; 4 - day and twilight; 5 - night and twilight.
3. All post-processing effects (ex- custom shaders) now grouped in a new tweak "Use post-processing" on "HDR & Post-processing" page. Please read ch.2 "Post-processing" in help contents or on the main page for detail information.
4. Cloud tweak "Blend distance adjustment" removed from tool.
5. Terrain haze tweak for VFR flights redesigned and renamed to "Atmospheric scattering".
6. Alternate terrain haze tweak (for IFR) now has option to make it depending on seasons. Maximum values for parameters increased.

How to upgrade from previous PTA versions:
All presets from previous versions are compatible with version 1.5.
IMPORTANT!!! If you used custom shaders in presets, you SHOULD first uninstall them from sim by menu command "Actions" - Uninstall custom shaders from sim" in your current version of the tool.
Only after that delete old PTA.exe (PTA_33.exe/PTA_32.exe/PTA_31.exe) from PTA directory and unzip PTA.exe from new distribution archive.

Also please note that because of the different mechanism for post processing handling, you cannot use PTA 1.5 and previous versions of tool together.

• Upvote 3

2. In addition to effect-specific parameters each post-effect shader has new parameter "DayNightUse". The value of this parameter specifies when post-process will be active. DayNightUse = 0 - post-effect will work all the time; 1 - active only at daylight; 2 - night; 3 - twilight; 4 - day and twilight; 5 - night and twilight.

This is great, thanks for including it!!  Thanks for all of your efforts Yuri!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks Youri.

Is it possible to change the color of the haze only ( slightly blue ) and not the haze itself ?

AS16 sets a lot of haze already.

Just making it a bit blue is enough.

Thanks,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I went through the uninstall process...the entire list, including remove custom shaders from sim.. Is that ok?

When UI downloaded 1.5 I see only the PTA.exe... not an entire install.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Is it possible to change the color of the haze only ( slightly blue ) and not the haze itself ?

No, Gerard, tweaks don't affect the fog color. But when fog is not dense, scattering color mix with it. Thick fog will completely overlap haze effect.

I went through the uninstall process...the entire list, including remove custom shaders from sim.. Is that ok?

When UI downloaded 1.5 I see only the PTA.exe... not an entire install.

If you've done complete uninstall instead of steps listed above, pls install PTA from scratch as described on site.
PTA is standalone portable app, you don't need special installer.  Please make sure that you have original P3D shaders before installaton.

No, Gerard, tweaks don't affect the fog color. But when fog is not dense, scattering color mix with it. Thick fog will completely overlap haze effect.

If you've done complete uninstall instead of steps listed above, pls install PTA from scratch as described on site.

PTA is standalone portable app, you don't need special installer.  Please make sure that you have original P3D shaders before installaton.

Hi Yuri,

My question was not about fog color, but about the color of the haze.

At the Terrain tab ( 1.04 and 1.05  ) the Haze color tone can be set : red / green / blue

As AS16 already puts in a big haze effect I have Enable atmosphere...effect  not chekced , but had Effect power...season Checked.

I only want to mke the color of thye Haze that AS16 puts in slightly blueish..

---

Water tab : Granularity --> tested some settings. Thi smakes the waves more or less blurry..  Is there a setting to change the waves size ? I like smaller waves as they are oversized in FSX/P3D.. 

---

BTW :  at the Terrain & Fog tab - Enable Rayleigh... and Density depends...  are both Checked by default...( should be Unchecked by Default ) . Also when loading an earlier ini , they appear checked..

---

Thanks,

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

thank you yuri for all your time and effort you must have put in to make this fantastic tool

jeff20

jeff storey

Hi, Gerard!

To make haze slightly blueish slightly increase Blue parameter (for both variants of tweaks)

Seasons checkbox works only when tweak "Enable terrain haze" checked. It is not a separate tweak, but parameter for haze tweak. My bad, wrong hint when mouse over seasons checkbox.

No tweak for waves size.

Enable Rayleigh... and Density depends...  are both checked by default because it is default parameter for new tweak, not present in old ini. Just uncheck it and state will save.

Upd.: I remove hint from "Season" checkbox and and upload new zip on the site. You can replace exe file. Thanks for heads up.

Regards,

Just a question, to install PTA it is necessary to reinstall textures clouds by P3D (default)  

I have REX 4 and PTA :

" ERROR: shader spins D:\P3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D to shader and can' t be used "

Thank you for your help!

• Upvote 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

Just a question, to install PTA it is necessary to reinstall textures clouds by P3D (default)  
I have REX 4 and PTA :
" ERROR: shader spins D:\P3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D to shader and can' t be used "

This happens because of "Cloud size algorithm" option in REX. You can set default value for this option and then use "Cloud size coefficients" tweak that make the same adjustment.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.