Sign in to follow this  
KNOSSOS

Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA)

Hi Gerard! Forgive me for butting in: My bad, just forgot to put in release notes: Tweak "Clouds shade adjustment" renamed to "Clouds saturation". Fixed. Yes, for shadows depth adjustment, you need "shadows receive" for autogen option in sim activated. But for brightness it is not necessary - just make light a bit lower.The descrpiption of tweak will be fixed in the next release. Yes, the tweak algorothm remains the same. Yes, shader modifications are the same.Thank you for a feedback! I think no. I tested Adam's preset and it has many tweaks activated.Are you using PTA 2.0 to open preset?

Yes I am , and it loads the data but none of the check boxes active when I load it.

Hi,

Has anyone tried the P3Dv3 PTA shaders preset which, apparently, has been 'optimized' for the recently released ENVTEX?

I see one of the many features being offered are a plethora of new sky textures: "More than 500 natural and dynamic* sky textures grouped in seasonal, climatic and situation presets + 60 new sky presets with full and automatic integration for Hifi Active Sky Cloud Art and Active Sky 2016 (fully works with Full dynamics and Global automatic feature)".

Knowing how important the choice of Sky textures has proved to be to achieve good results with PTA I'm curious to know what to expect before deciding to take the plunge.

Mike

Where can I find that preset?

Thanks.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Adam i downloaded your presets but i am not sure how to install them in PTA can someone guide me ? 

Firstly - make sure you're running the 2.0 beta version of PTA. That preset will *not* work in 1.62.

Place the .ini file somewhere convenient (where you can find it easily), then simply go to "Preset/Open" and select my preset.

Don't make any edits to start with, but make a note of the P3D HDR settings you'll need to use with that preset. Click on "Actions/Apply Preset" and you're done.

As PTA will have deleted your old shaders cache, the picture may take a little while to build for the first time - after that it will be fine. Check your HDR settings in P3D match the recommended values for that preset.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi,

I posted my concerns regarding ENVTEX in relation to PTA and the provided Preset (see post #551) over on the 'TOGA Project' support forum and Maxime, one of the ENVTEX Developers, was good enough to provide a helpful response. I was given permission to reproduce the relevant sections of the reply here:

"As you already saw, Envtex is fully compatible with PTA, as stated in the manual we just have found that the Atmospheric Haze tweak can conflict with our Northern lights but you can use Rayleigh scattering tweak instead. Also you should not use envtex cloud shaders as PTA does more thing on this, we have included that for people who don't want to bother using PTA.

My PTA preset (Maxime's preset in the package) is pretty soft in color corrections, I wanted it to be as natural as possible so it fits perfectly Envtex's skies. Of course other presets can be too contrasted or too saturated but this is always a matter of taste and you may have to adjust some settings but unfortunately we couldn't support all existing presets.

Whatever happens, we will always make sure that our product is compatible with PTA which is a great program that I would myself miss a lot if good results couldn't be achieved with Envtex."

Mike

• Upvote 2

Mike - this all sounds very encouraging. Maxime's philosophy with respect to colouring/realism sounds very similar to mine.

I'm thinking of buying ENVTEX (as a Christmas present to myself!). How does it compare with REX, AS. FEX etc. do you think? I was going to hold off until REX SkyForce 3D came out, but it seems to have gone quiet.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

Like you, I'm hoping Santa will have read my letter by now and will agree to relax his rules somewhat to allow me to skip the queue.....been a good boy lately! Fingers crossed....maybe tomorrow? No, wait...it is tomorrow!! Bed first, must attend to my priorities...LOL!

BTW, I'm thoroughly enjoying your latest PTA Preset. Best so far - you really do have the knack. The results are truly outstanding. Thank you :)

Regards,

Mike

Hahaha, Mike! So ... neither of us have it yet? I was hoping for a mini-review ... drat!!!

Thanks for the kind words - glad you're enjoying the tweaks!

Adam.

Juri, is it possible to saturate the blue sky color without touching clouds and scenery ?

I use photoscenery and have to tone down saturisation.

Then the sky is not blue enough..

In my former post about Cloud shades you wrote that it has been renamed to Cloud Saturisation.

But imho shades are different from saturisation.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

is it possible to saturate the blue sky color without touching clouds and scenery

11. New tweak "Sky saturation".

Just tried Maxime's preset (P3Dv3}  for PTA and its absolutely stunning. I'm seriously thinking of getting ENVTEX.

Jose De Campos

London

Just got ENVTEX and it is amazing how many faults it has fixed and providing new options available in fsx/p3d!

Any chance of a screenshot or two? A before/after would be nice, but I suspect it's too late for that, LOL!

Adam.

Thanks for the tip guys! :hi:

Just got ENVTEX and it is amazing how many faults it has fixed and providing new options available in fsx/p3d!

http://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envtex

Good times for this hobby!

Kind regards,

And they are? :) Purchased it and didn't saw a single feature that isn't already very well known, except aurora borealis.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

And they are? :) Purchased it and didn't saw a single feature that isn't already very well known, except aurora borealis.

So ... do you mean that Envtex doesn't offer much for existing REX/TextureDirect/FEX users? I find, for instance, that FEX gives me a lot of control over sky/water textures (and time-of-day colouriing) - more than REX, certainly. It sounds to me like I wouldn't be gaining that much <?>.

However - if you don't have REX (or similar) then I suppose it'd be a good buy <?>.

Adam.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.