Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Just ordered the following for P3D3.3

Hey Stephen,

I'm getting my shotgun out and taking it to the outdoor range. =@

I figured if it does not want to work I'd give it a reason not to work. :Tounge:

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Did you turn off your overclock? I've had bad luck with those on-motherboard overclock buttons.

Hi,

Yep, right after the first issue. I'm going to order four units from Jetline tomorrow.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Have you checked with the mobo vendor for an updated bios? Updated mobo drivers?

The Broadwell is very sensitive to mems even at jedec settings , the secondary timings can be to thight

The issiue with reparing or corroupted win is normal if you get mem problems.

The easy way is take some older X99 memsets ( Hynix based) gskill 4x4 2400-2666 if you go for 3000 you ned to tune some voltages.

X99 with 6950x or 5960x run fine from win XP to Win10

Anyway you give it a try , good luck with the Skylake it gone run out of the Box.

Actually I think it is a great cooler and I have the NH-14 on my system.  I was just interested in the choice with the new chips as they have been reported to run hotter and water cooling may be needed to get the desired overclock.  Even better delid, change tim and then use a water cooler....up to 20 degree difference.  These are on the Skylake chips, I am not sure about the chip used here.

As I said Mark. It's a soldered Die/IHS interface for Broadwell-E. Delliding is possible, but most wouldn't attempt it. 20-30 degrees less with Skylake yes, as it uses TIM paste rather than solder. All I've seen from Broadwell-E dellided and the indium solder replaced with quality paste is 10 degrees less.

Hi,

Looks like Windows updates are complete. Time to install P3D3.3.

Hi mike, and sorry for the problems you've had.

Why on Earth is your NH-D15 the wrong way around? There's no way it can function properly configured like that. In your photograph you have it orientated vertically, with the graphics cards blocking airflow!!!

The Antec 1200 blows air in from the front and out of the rear and top. You should position the D15 so that it ingests air from the front and blows it out of the rear. Your D15 is seriously compromised.

As for your issue, Westman's advice is top-notch. And I would add that I have had somilar issues in teh past re Windows, the cause was one stick of faulty RAM. Once I identified the faulty stick and RMA'd it, all was well.

Edited by Jim Young
Removed images in quote as they were not needed.
  • Upvote 1

Edit... I suspect you have configured the D15 in such a way due to the top PCIe slot being too close. In which case, as I've been advocating for some time now, the D15S high compatability version is the way to go. It's off-set so more clearence betwee heat sink and top PCIe slot.

In my opinion the "S" variant is the way to go for all those opting for D15.

As always the dimensions of any cooler need to be checked to ensre compatabilty.

Try a installing to a different boot drive Mike, is the SSD OK? Surely only one GPU is enough to get the system up and running, no need for unnecessary equipment until working.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Hi,

The heatsink was placed that way for the video boards, the fans pull heat from the bottom and sides (through the fins) of the computer and push it toward the top. The top case fan pulls all that heat from the case, you've never had to modify an install before?. There is plenty of air getting through the heatsink fins despite the video board being that close.

Proof is in the pudding, the temps when it runs were fine. As far as the ram, each stick works fine on its own and they passed memtest (only six hours) in another system.

Trust me, it's far from ideal. Temps may be what you regard as fine, but they won't be as low as they should be. No II haven't had to modify an install that way, my cooler choices are fit for purpose. In your case the D15S would have been ideal and not required a less than ideal mounting.

You did say earlier you wouldn't be overclocking, in which case the D15 or S variant wasn't required anyway.

• Upvote 1

After this, I'd still have four more to build. I'm giving the job to Jetline.

Fair enough, I can understand that ... if building PC's is not enjoyable, don't do it.  Hopefully Jetline know what they are doing.

Please don't give up, I think you'll be one of the first on AVSIM that is trying to do a Multichannel P3D setup and I'm really curious to see how it works without those "genlock" GPUs.  Because if it does work well without "genlock" then you saved me about $15,000 for a future build I'm planning for P3D Multichannel.

Stay with it Mike.

Cheers, Rob.

The Broadwell is very sensitive to mems even at jedec settings , the secondary timings can be to thight

The issiue with reparing or corroupted win is normal if you get mem problems.

The easy way is take some older X99 memsets ( Hynix based) gskill 4x4 2400-2666 if you go for 3000 you ned to tune some voltages.

X99 with 6950x or 5960x run fine from win XP to Win10

Anyway you give it a try , good luck with the Skylake it gone run out of the Box.

Westman's post above was worth paying attention to.

Trident Z was optimised for Skylake, Z170. Not Broadwell.

Hi,

Ordering three 6700K systems from Jetline. http://jetlinesystems.com

Update: I'm sending Jetline my 6950X with the three Superclocked Titan X's and I'm having them build three additional 6700K setups for the flight deck.