Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

FMC altitude error P3DV3

So I am not a newbie to the FMC world having a few other payware aircraft which I am very familiar with.

1. I am following the Tutorial 1 to the letter on the flight KLAX-KLAS. Route is OSHNN6 DAG KEPEC3 FL270.
  2. I fill in the fuel (short flight) and payload
  3. I fill in the flight plan
  4. I fill in the perf init page as directed, cost index 85, FL270
  5. Activate
  6. I get an insufficient fuel warning and an unable next wpt and an unable crz alt warning
  7. I check the LEGS page and get some strange altitudes for the waypoints like 1233ft, 2343ft and so on to a max of 4320ft halfway to KLAS

Obviously with the climb profile in point 7 above at such a low calculated altitiude the FMC will determine I don't have enough fuel because I am burning it up...

What am I doing wrong?

Shehryar Ansari

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am following the Tutorial 1 to the letter on the flight KLAX-KLAS.

What Tutorial 1 are you referring to? Our Tutorial 1 is a flight into Dubai...

Yes correct but I am following the same procedures other than the route.

Shehryar

Probably an issue with how your flight plan is entered, then.

What model of the T7 are you using and what is your payload?

The model is the PMDG livery B777LR and the payload is random but the ZFW is around 400K lbs. I use fuel around 58K lbs.

As regards the cost index, could this value be impacting the climb rates? I tried the LOOP8 SID there are altitude restrictions on the climb out and the KEPEC3 has altitude restrictions from FL240 down to 8000. The FMC legs route shows a very low altitude for the initial waypoints then a jump to the hard altitude restriction at LAX of 10000 then a drop to low altitudes again. Could it be that the cost index of 85 might not be allowing the aircraft to climb at a good rate? Or maybe there is some other setting which I may have which is not allowing the climb to cruise.

Shehryar

As regards the cost index, could this value be impacting the climb rates?

At a TOW of about 430000 lbs. I can't imagine the CI having any impact on the climb. PFPX using a cost index of 40 shows your cruise altitude is FL410. Below is the first page of the PFPX OFP.y0tNUE.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Do Tutorial 1 using VRMM-OMDB just like it was written and then you will see what is wrong.

Good advice. Let me do that and report. Thanks.

Shehryar

Full name on all posts... I've been lurking to see what comes of this.  First, KLAX-KLAS is a very short route for a B777, normally flown by B737s reaching FL290 barely before TOD; however, it is possible to set this up and fly it in the PMDG B77L without problems.  You are having problems, therefore everyone is trying to help you sort it out.

Your climb page of the FMS indicates a TA of 11000, leading us to believe you have modified your climb either on this page or in the LEGS pages.  The TA in the US is always 18000.

Maybe you have a bad saved panel file, or maybe your weather engine is providing unrealistic temperatures at altitude.  We can only guess how your flight is being corrupted without more information.  Are you able to complete the Tutorial flight to OMDB without problem?

Full name on all posts... I've been lurking to see what comes of this.  First, KLAX-KLAS is a very short route for a B777, normally flown by B737s reaching FL290 barely before TOD; however, it is possible to set this up and fly it in the PMDG B77L without problems.  You are having problems, therefore everyone is trying to help you sort it out.

Your climb page of the FMS indicates a TA of 11000, leading us to believe you have modified your climb either on this page or in the LEGS pages.  The TA in the US is always 18000.

Maybe you have a bad saved panel file, or maybe your weather engine is providing unrealistic temperatures at altitude.  We can only guess how your flight is being corrupted without more information.  Are you able to complete the Tutorial flight to OMDB without problem?

I appreciate the help.

I think the messages are getting mixed up. Message #9 above was from my attempt to do the VRMM-OMDB tutorial flight which has a TA of 11000, that is why it has been amended. The weather is clear skies. Here is another screenshot of the FMC showing the LEGS page which has very different altitudes from the tutorial flight.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECB38A05B7CC819E!20608&authkey=!ABHaJU3XE1YWGRA&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Thanks.

Shehryar Ansari

Here is another screenshot of the FMC showing the LEGS page which has very different altitudes from the tutorial flight.
If you can still do it, could you post a screenshot of VNAV page 2 of 3. I believe the page is entitled "ACT ECON CRZ."

another interesting piece...with the tutorial values my CG (20%) and trim (5.75) are different from the tutorial.

And so I decided to takeoff anyway and the aircraft accelerates to V2 and when I rotate the speeds drop and aircraft stalls.

Shehryar Ansari

another interesting piece...with the tutorial values my CG (20%) and trim (5.75) are different from the tutorial.

And so I decided to takeoff anyway and the aircraft accelerates to V2 and when I rotate the speeds drop and aircraft stalls.

Shehryar

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

How are you entering the payload? Thru FS Actions or PERF INIT in the ZFW?

Are you advancing the physical throttles to about 56-57% NI, pressing the hidden click spot or button on the left side of thrust levers for TOGA at around 56-57% N1 and  then advancing the physical throttle all the way?

You are not mixing lbs. and kgs?

How are you entering the payload? Thru FS Actions or PERF INIT in the ZFW?

Are you advancing the physical throttles to about 56-57% NI, pressing the hidden click spot or button on the left side of thrust levers for TOGA at around 56-57% N1 and  then advancing the physical throttle all the way?

You are not mixing lbs. and kgs?

Entering the payload exactly as in tutorial through FS Actions and advancing throttles to 55% and TOGA on clickspot then full throttle.

Entry is in Lbs.

Shez

and there is a definite mismatch of CGs between the tutorial (32.1%) and my setup (20%). 

and there is a definite mismatch of CGs between the tutorial (32.1%) and my setup (20%). 

Then you're doing something incorrectly. What are you doing that the tutorial is not telling you to do?

With fuel already loaded, I get a CG of 31.3% but I have ZFW of 426.6 and load level of 70.6. Try entering the pax and cargo on the scatchpad and then line select them to the appropriate line. So I line selected 34, 121, 27590/19070, and 3541. For right now, forget about line selecting anything to ZFW. Try that and let us know what happens.

Did exactly as you said and here is the result. Am I selecting incorrect tanks or something? Check CG below.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECB38A05B7CC819E!20611&authkey=!AJQ5yrc_72b29u8&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Also what is the error on line 2 in the below?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ECB38A05B7CC819E!20619&authkey=!ACrv8-ffxMNf3aQ&v=3&ithint=photo%2cJPG

Thanks again to everyone for helping.

This is in P3DV3.

Also what is the error on line 2 in the below?

It means you are 5031 feet below where you should be. I don't know what the 222long means. I can't find it in the FCOMs or FCTM.

Have you ever done a reinstall?

Thanks. I think I will reinstall this. Will come back with result.

:smile: Reinstalled. Everything works! Not sure what happened with previous install. It is a great addon!

Thank you to all of you for giving advice.