Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Cessna 404 Titan - how many to crew it?

Wikki page shows 

Crew: 2

For some real world pilots what are the official FAA requirements to fly the Cessna 404?

I want to simulate flying it in an air taxi/charter capacity. Would this make a difference?

Ciao!

The bird is single-pilot certified, so flying alone with pax isn't a problem. See this charter service's webpage:

http://www.caribbean-charter-flights.com/our-charter-fleet/light-piston-engines/cessna-404-titan/

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Single pilot for cargo flights, up to 9 passengers for passenger flights.  Ten or more passengers requires 2 pilots per FAA regulations.

• Upvote 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Thank you for that! I'll make a note of that for the future.

Anything I can do to make it more "realer" the better.

Ciao!

Single pilot for cargo flights, up to 9 passengers for passenger flights.  Ten or more passengers requires 2 pilots per FAA regulations.

I wonder if that is a recent change?  Pretty sure I flew in a single piloted Continental Express (I forget the actual name now) from SRQ to TPA around 2007/2008.  Air conditioning was turned on by opening the windows..   :smile: It was just my wife and I on it.  I did fly one time in a  404 from PRC to PHX with Mesa Airlines.  Pretty sure that was two pilots 

Edit:  I must of had my eyes closed when I read your post the first time.  So, two people (my wife and I) were ok.  The Mesa had at six of us on it, maybe more.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

KSRQ TO KTPA  Man I did that same flight when I was in high school, would've been early 80's

It was me and another man, who was kinda creepy if I remember, he sat way in the back, the last seat and carried a briefcase and wore dark sunglasses and dressed in a suit. I sat up at the front row and had a great view of the cockpit. There were two pilots flying. However I do remember the co-pilot came on rather at the last minute, so I'm wondering if he was just getting a ride to tampa?  That was a great flight, lots of fun.

Ciao!

Some commercial operators may elect to always use a two man crew, possibly due to insurance requirements. 

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.