Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

CTD P3D3.2 PMDG777 After 10 Hour Flight

First I want to test PMDG advice, as i have experienced crash during 10 hours flight ( PMDG 777 P3D 3.2 )

Artur 

Just had CTD with my fresh P3D3.2 installation.

PMDG777.

10 hours flight.

Quite frustrated, in FSX i was able to perform long flights without CTD.

Uiautomationcore.dll does not help...

Artur 

Another lost 10 hours flight, but now i know that faulty module is ai_player.dll.

I'm using WOAI.

According to AVSIM CTD Guide, some ai plane might be a problem.

How to figure out where the problem can be, which package, which plane ?

Artur 

I personally think it is impossible to perform and long flights successfully 100% of the time.  Windows is just not set up properly for that.  P3D is not programmed to handle long flights too as Windows limits the amount of VAS it will give the application.  If P3D were a 64 bit application, then maybe a 10 or even a 20 hour flight would work.  I do not think FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D were developed for long flights in duration of 10 hours or more (maybe not even 5 hours or more).  Short 1-2 hour hops work a lot better.  So nothing is wrong with P3D or Windows as your flight would have been successful if you flew just 9 hours or less.

The WOAI program works well for most members.  It could be a missing flight schedule where there is no AI to run the flight plan.  Might try reinstalling WOAI but make sure you have UAC and any anti-virus program disabled and you run the installer with Admin Privileges.  I get the AI_Player.dll error occasionally with MyTraffic6 but it happens as I close my application and does not shutdown FSX or P3D during my flight. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I had another CTD even i have removed whole WOAI.

Unfortunately this time there is no any record of such event in Windows log. 

The strange thing is that CTD is happening when i use zoomed DU feature ( already 2 times happened ) 

( every time 777 in use )

Artur 

Please post a crash report using AppCrashView as per the AVSIM CTD Guide (link in my signature). 

If you have any programs installed using the EMT, then that is the problem.  Uninstall all of those programs.  You need to provide more information about your crash or freeze.  When, where, what, how, and perhaps why.  Were you flying the PMDG 777?  Need system specs.

Your posts were split from another topic as it gets to be very confusing when you have several different crashes from different members.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Just finished 12 hours flight.

Before flight i have checked and repaired using AIFP all my WOAI packages to be sure there are no conflicts or other issues. 

During flight i did not touch zoomed DU's.

Landed safely, P3D crashed when i want to close it but that was not issue for me.

Long flights are possible but must be careful and lucky.

Artur 

Long flights are possible but must be careful and lucky.

That's a very accurate statement.  It's sad though that one flies for so long and cannot finish the flight.  Good luck with your future flights.

Submit News to AVSIM

I personally think it is impossible to perform and long flights successfully 100% of the time.  Windows is just not set up properly for that.  P3D is not programmed to handle long flights too as Windows limits the amount of VAS it will give the application.  If P3D were a 64 bit application, then maybe a 10 or even a 20 hour flight would work.  I do not think FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D were developed for long flights in duration of 10 hours or more (maybe not even 5 hours or more).  Short 1-2 hour hops work a lot better.  So nothing is wrong with P3D or Windows as your flight would have been successful if you flew just 9 hours or less.

I've had good luck operating FSX up to around 22 hours (including pause). I'm not sure there's anything inherent in the sim that would preclude long usage - of course if people set the LOD_RADIUS too high, use lots of complicated scenery and resource-hungry aircraft, all bets are off.

I track a tremendous amount of data from the flights at Delta and Air France Virtual by virtue of our ACARS system, as does simFDR. Since January first, we've logged around 1,750 flights of 8 hours or more flown using FSX or Prepar3D. The vast majority (over 90%) were flown without any system crashes or interruptions. I see a restore rate of around 10% for the PMDG 777 as a high, to around 3.7% for the LDS 767. The restore rates are higher for freeware aircraft than the payware birds.

Now readers should keep in mind two things - first, the restore rate for payware is lower because it may be more difficult to successfully restore the panel state on these payware birds (although our users report good experiences here). Second, we're not counting cases where people had auto-saved turned off and therefore were unable to restore their flights properly. Both situations skew the ratio downwards.

However, the data that remains still suggests that long flights using FSX and more resource-intensive payware aircraft are quite possible, and regular. We log several hundred a month. I wouldn't want people to read this thread with the impression that FSX isn't suitable for long flights - it absolutely is! You just need to be very careful regarding the configuration and the changes you make to it.

Sort of like, I don't know.... a real airliner! :smile:

Cheers!

Luke

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

The strange thing is that CTD is happening when i use zoomed DU feature ( already 2 times happened ) 

( every time 777 in use )

Other people have experienced this issue with zooming displays in P3D with the PMDG 777. I also think someone in the thread mentioned the NGX as well. 

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=113995&sid=f9479d083742b0ed127afaedb9a9a828&start=615

There is also another issue that has been known about since November of last year and has yet to be fixed which causes a slow VAS leak eventually leading to an OOM on longer flights. Only happens in certain scenarios. 

http://www.avsim.com/topic/477686-p3d-v3-fmc-memory-leak-back/

On your next flight, use this to monitor the virtual size of the fsx process. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

I do not think FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D were developed for long flights in duration of 10 hours or more (maybe not even 5 hours or more).

I just got done with a 14 hour flight from Johannesburg, SA to Seoul, SK and landed with less virtual memory usage than when I started (and I even use FTX Global, REX, ASN), so I know this to be a completely false statement. To say FSX or the ESP based P3D might never have been designed for a 5 hour flight is ignoring a decade of VATSIM users like myself completing countless ultra long-haul flights without a single connection interruption. In fact, when you keep your VAS usage below the cap and don't go nuts with addon scenery, you can fly for extremely long durations. In 2014, I flew the PMDG 777 on 4 flights totaling 52 hours without restarting the sim at all. People seem to think 4096 textures, mesh, landclass and ground textures, autogen, extremely heavy addon airports and a very detailed aircraft simulation are owed the same stability as a vanilla FSX install. Not so. Something has to give and its usually the terrain.dll or an OOM. In the cases outlined in the links above, however, the problems are clearly with the PMDG 777 so I wouldn't be so quick to place blame on the simulator itself.

I cannot give any ultimate statement here, but had 777 in FSX and now in P3D.

FSX version was unbreakable for me.

It looks like P3D version is less stable than FSX.

As i said i could make 10+ hours flights in FSX without any problems, in P3D i'm afraid to touch anything.

I have stopped using zoomed DU's feature, do not use outside view, trying not to fiddle too much - not to spoil anything.

My P3D is very modest, just ORBX Global & Europe + Vector, trees & autogen set to low, standard LOD RADIUS, default airports, WOAI set for 30%, no road/sea traffic, all textures either 512 or 1024, ASN - do i ask too much ?

Artur 

I couldnt agree more Arthur..

I had over 10,000 hours on vatsim with fsx.  Never really had problems until I went over to P3D.. Apparently nowadays its your fault as a customer for buying something and and then foolishly thinking you can click and zoom on things and expect it not to CTD, but then thats just the cynic in me.. what do i know  =@  :fool:

14ppkc-6.png

Pete, customer complaints are not tolerated here. You should know better.

Fabian, what kind of flights you do ?

Are we talking about ultra long flights ?

Artur