Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Do we have any traffic addons in development?

That looks like a great program indeed. Not sure it works for P3D, but perhaps it does. Unfortunately, it's subscription based, which is a nogo for me. Subscription fans might embrace it, though.

I would buy an UT3 the day it would be released - given I'll live to see it.

Kind regards, Michael

No it does not, I have been using in FSX-SE, when I got into P3D  that was the first thing I tried, also I contact them and they don't have any development for P3D.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme Encore(water Cooled) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Hybrid, 64 DD4 @ 2800 2 x 2x M.2 in raid 0.

Be aware that if you put traffic bgls outside of the "scenery/world/scenery" folder it will cause problems if you do changes in the scenery library as the traffic will be loaded twice.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Be aware that if you put traffic bgls outside of the "scenery/world/scenery" folder it will cause problems if you do changes in the scenery library as the traffic will be loaded twice.

Ah! This would explain how 'siamese aircraft' and parallel flights I've seen on occassion get created. Presumably some traffic file included in a 3rd party add-on in their own scenery folder gets reloaded?!

One more question... Does the traffic slider work on traffic bgls that I create with AIFP? If so, any idea of the algorithm it uses to prune the traffic?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The traffic slider works, but most of the traffic bgls seem to have traffic active at 1% - meaning that they don't really respect the sliders in FSX/P3D. 

To work around that I suggest using this nifty utility: http://www.avsim.com/topic/451048-traffic-optimizer-for-p3d/

It lets you select the # of AC you'd like to appear in the sim, and even prioritize traffic at your departure and arrival airports. 

The traffic slider works, but most of the traffic bgls seem to have traffic active at 1% - meaning that they don't really respect the sliders in FSX/P3D. 

To work around that I suggest using this nifty utility: http://www.avsim.com/topic/451048-traffic-optimizer-for-p3d/

It lets you select the # of AC you'd like to appear in the sim, and even prioritize traffic at your departure and arrival airports. 

Always use this app, and it works great. Sometimes I see it delete over 150 AI, as soon as I optimize it, but always AI at arrival and departure airports and enroute. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I have never been able to get My Traffic 6 working in P3dV3. Been using My Traffic for years. Finally got fed up with all the time I was investing on this. I miss the traffic but I don't miss the time screwing around trying to get it to work. I realize others have had no issues.

Dave

I have never been able to get My Traffic 6 working in P3dV3

What Issues are you having Dave with MyTraffic 6 

I have never been able to get My Traffic 6 working in P3dV3. Been using My Traffic for years. Finally got fed up with all the time I was investing on this. I miss the traffic but I don't miss the time screwing around trying to get it to work. I realize others have had no issues.

Dave

I just installed My Traffic 6 according to the directions in the manual, in Version 2.5, version 3 and it works perfectly. Piece of cake. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This has been addressed in P3d and is no longer an issue.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

This has been addressed in P3d and is no longer an issue.

Cool. I didn't know that. It will make things easier putting all the AI in a separate external folder system! 

I still use WoAI, but it's a true pita to install it for optimal performance (installing into dummy-fsx-folders, moving files, repair some minor bugs, convert flight plans, convert bmp textures, find textures without mips and add mips, ...). That's the reason why I only update traffic once a year.

I'd love to see (and pay for) a modern out of the box traffic addon without much performance impact.

Windows 10 Pro - Ryzen 3 5900X - nVidia Titan X (Pascal) - 32GB DDR4-3600 === Microsoft Flight Simulator

I still use WoAI, but it's a true pita to install it for optimal performance (installing into dummy-fsx-folders, moving files, repair some minor bugs, convert flight plans, convert bmp textures, find textures without mips and add mips, ...). 

Sadly that is very true. The people behind the models, paints and flightplans should have been cooler about letting others improve, recompile and share their stuff. The guys behind ### AI and ### AI did just that, and made packages with bug fixes and easy installation that even novices could install and use. Sadly they weren't allowed to do so. I don't know why some freeware developers feel the need to "control" their freeware stuff, but as long as there are many freeware developers with that mindset I too would gladly pay for a decent payware offering. Sadly there is none to be found. For my own freeware I've always had a simple EULA: To be used, shared, edited or whatever as long as it stays free, and please, there is never a need to give me any credit of any kind! 

The guys behind ### AI and ### AI did just that, and made packages with bug fixes and easy installation that even novices could install and use. Sadly they weren't allowed to do so. I don't know why some freeware developers feel the need to "control" their freeware stuff, but as long as there are many freeware developers with that mindset I too would gladly pay for a decent payware offering. Sadly there is none to be found. For my own freeware I've always had a simple EULA: To be used, shared, edited or whatever as long as it stays free, and please, there is never a need to give me any credit of any kind!

Except the only thing that those guys at the pirateware AI groups did was package together other peoples work (they didn't do any of the actual labour involved in creating the plans, repaints or models) but they were quick to change the filenames, remove copy writes and call it all their own work. If I had put in many hundreds and often into the thousands of hours creating AI models or paints or flightplans, I sure don't think I'd find others using it under their own name something I'd want to ever see. It's similar to if the creators of ORBX or PMDG, for instance had others take their work and re package it under their own name and either sold it or even released it for free.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Except the only thing that those guys at the pirateware AI groups did was package together other peoples work (they didn't do any of the actual labour involved in creating the plans, repaints or models) but they were quick to change the filenames, remove copy writes and call it all their own work. If I had put in many hundreds and often into the thousands of hours creating AI models or paints or flightplans, I sure don't think I'd find others using it under their own name something I'd want to ever see. It's similar to if the creators of ORBX or PMDG, for instance had others take their work and re package it under their own name and either sold it or even released it for free.

If they removed the credits that was lame for sure. The comparison to payware products however I can't agree with.

Still I don't get why people need to have their names known. Flight Simulator is after all just a game. I just can't understand how some can take it all so seriously, especially in the freeware community. I quote Lamont Clark's famous last words:

Despite real-life work commitments, the main reason for my lack of flightsim coding activities was a general frustration about the hobbyist creative scene.

The global struggle for money, the shortage of collaborative freeware projects and regular personnal conflicts are annoying me because it's a nothing more than an hobby for all of us! There is a lot of friendly people around, and goodwill is not missing, but the result does not shape up what it could be with an united community.

I spend most of daytime using and coding free software and I'm always amazed of the amount of work that can be accomplished by a community with strong ideals of freedom and sharing. That's why I'm too ###### off to continue to give most of my free time to the community when a minority is decided to kill the hobby spirit.

• Upvote 2

I still use WoAI, but it's a true pita to install it for optimal performance (installing into dummy-fsx-folders, moving files, repair some minor bugs, convert flight plans, convert bmp textures, find textures without mips and add mips, ...). That's the reason why I only update traffic once a year.

I'd love to see (and pay for) a modern out of the box traffic addon without much performance impact.

Agreed, I am no longer flight simmimg but I have to say that I initially used WOAI and then for my first payware AI addon I bought Traffic 360. needless to say after buying this pile I went back to WOAI and never considered another payware option. WOAI does as indicated by a few post, require a little effort to install and optimize but once you get it all done you can just leave it alone and along with Traffic optimizer see crowded airports great models and great performance. Here are a couple of examples of how it worked for me:

FSX:

https://youtu.be/-LBqzAmg-WY?t=1m17s

P3D V3.1: