Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Do we have any traffic addons in development?

I was just curious. The current options are all outdated it seems, require extensive guides just to install and they are all still offered at premium prices, something I'm personally not willing to pay for a DIY project I have to crowbar in.

Seems like there's a significant gap in the market for an up-to-date traffic addon, with good performance, decent models and updated schedules. I haven't heard of any being in development but I don't have my ear that close to the ground, so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything? Currently playing without any traffic whatsoever, because the default traffic is fairly lethargic and takes quite a performance hit I feel. Though I would love to get some life back into my game, just not on the current available addons' premises. 

Maybe everyone feels the current offers are good enough?

• Upvote 1

I was just curious. The current options are all outdated it seems, require extensive guides just to install and they are all still offered at premium prices, something I'm personally not willing to pay for a DIY project I have to crowbar in.

Seems like there's a significant gap in the market for an up-to-date traffic addon, with good performance, decent models and updated schedules. I haven't heard of any being in development but I don't have my ear that close to the ground, so I was wondering if anyone had heard anything? Currently playing without any traffic whatsoever, because the default traffic is fairly lethargic and takes quite a performance hit I feel. Though I would love to get some life back into my game, just not on the current available addons' premises. 

Maybe everyone feels the current offers are good enough?

I have My Traffic 6 and it couldn't be an easier to install in P3D. Just follow the instructions. Easy on FPS and I think it looks pretty good, and I have been around airports and aircraft for  almost my entire life. 

My Traffic 6 seems to be the best option right now. It's compatible with P3Dv3. I don't think there's anything on the horizon that I've heard of. 

ai sid/star controller and traffic optimizer both sort of count as addons? i don't know how actively they are being developed, i think traffic optimizer works with p3d and still gets updates though... i found them to be quite cool but also very prone to crashing my fsx-steam so i stopped using them.

the functionality was cool though, and very similar to the injected/managed traffic that voxAtc creates. i think seeing planes doing patterns, and flying the routes out of navigraph is a final frontier of AI that isn't really well addressed yet. would also love to see a comprehensive solution for this that includes real-world traffic control concepts at airports that aren't based on wind only, like at KSFO using the 28s for landings and the 01s for takeoffs during normal ops. proATC has a little bit of functionality for this but it doesn't really affect the AI..

for now, the mytraffic stuff seems to cover generic AI pretty well, i'm not sure what a competitor could do differently, more models and variations i guess, it's already huge package tho

cheers

-andy crosby

I have My Traffic 6 installed and using it with vPilot for my online traffic. Models though look very early FSXish, almost FS2000 like. I heard UT2 does not work good with P3D v3.x . I a, wondering if WofAI has better models and works with the latest P3D? Pain to install all of them though it be worth it....

I have My Traffic 6 installed and using it with vPilot for my online traffic. Models though look very early FSXish, almost FS2000 like. I heard UT2 does not work good with P3D v3.x . 

UT2 works flawlessly under Prepar3d3.3 in my daily flying. It's a bit of a challenge to install, however once installed (there are recipes) it just works and is not too bad on fps. Which however applies to MyTraffic6 with Traffic Optimizer, too.

Given we are supposedly on the verge of 64 bit for P3D and DTFS I doubt anyone being inclined to start a new project right now.

Kind regards, Michael

In my humble opinion UT2 AI traffic is the best, the models are far superior and the wheels don't keep disappearing. The following short vid features UT2 with the 2015 updated models and schedules, there are no static aircraft, all AI is UT2. The sim is P3D v3.3.5

In my humble opinion UT2 AI traffic is the best, the models are far superior and the wheels don't keep disappearing. The following short vid features UT2 with the 2015 updated models and schedules, there are no static aircraft, all AI is UT2. The sim is P3D v3.3.5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr26LRlwJwI

Any guides available for getting it installed properly into P3D v3.3.5?

I'm well aware of the two existing offers and also the ones I'm referring to in my original post. Maybe I just have a different mindset regarding the level of quality I expect from addons, that cost 40 euros each, that I need to read a small motel bible to install, effectively crowbarring it into a version of a game it wasn't really meant to support. Or on the other hand, having to deal with a lot 'little issues' that people tend to not mention or quickly brush over, that some of these addons suffer from. Especially having to look at severely outdated models in one of them, the one that sort-of doesn't require a lengthy guide. 

Neither of these addons, in their current condition when used for the latest version of P3D, are worth 40 euro -- Not even close, in my opinion. That's why I wanted something new, polished, with a native installer, something actually worth the asking price.

• Upvote 3

Where can you get these updated models and schedules?

And if you're not a facebook member you're let in the dark  :mad:

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

Careful with such links. I am sure that those AI planes, flightplans and repaints are not thought to be re-distributed this way. That's why the FB Group is closed, then it can be treated as "only for friends". Personally, I would remove this link...

Careful with such links. I am sure that those AI planes, flightplans and repaints are not thought to be re-distributed this way. That's why the FB Group is closed, then it can be treated as "only for friends". Personally, I would remove this link...

It's my link, you have 24hrs, before it disappears again

Thanks, Mike, that's very kind.

Kind regards, Michael

Is it possible to install UT2 in P3Dv3.3.5 without using Migration Tool?

I bought it long ago, but I haven't installed it following advice by some of the gurus here.

Thanks,

Dirk.

There is a great instructional here at AVSIM that outlines what needs to be done with MyTraffic6.  About 4 easy steps, nothing complicated and you can get AI traffic appearing right after the last step.  This is probably the easiest one to get working in P3D, in my opinion.  I've dealt with the automatic installers of other AI traffic applications and one not so quick, that being WOAI.  I don't get too concerned about schedules, so there is that, but overall for functionality and quick AI traffic, MyTraffic6 works well.

I'm sure most people know that pretty much all the models used in UT2 are available here or on some of the other websites,infact you can now get better models than those that originally came with UT2

I don't own my traffic 6 but did buy UT2 a few years back for FSX but found that there was a high amount of "Daedaus paints "in it  So with the help of a fellow simmer he explained and taught me how to add your own paints and time tables.

The upshot is if you have UT2 installed in either fsx or p3d then your half way there. If not create your own AI all for the price of your own time.

I wont lie,it can be quite time consuming but in my set up my timetables are at worst about a year out of date which I think is still better than UT2 and most are winter 15-16 I currently have 140 airline and military timetables and most of my airports are pretty full and not a default paint in sight

The advantage of creating your own is that you can have military ai as well as cargo that I dont think UT2 does,I dont know about My Traffic.

The setup I now have is a single folder of ai aircraft that links to both fsx and p3d.

So I dont really see the need for anyone to develop a new AI addon ,as its already around and is free.

just look on the library for FAIB and TFS

Someone dropped a hint several months ago that there might be something in development, but no details were provided.

Given the huge demand for a decent UT2 replacement, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something in development.

Someone dropped a hint several months ago that there might be something in development, but no details were provided.

Given the huge demand for a decent UT2 replacement, I'd be surprised if there wasn't something in development.

Yeah it would be nice if there was an updated UT2 for both FSX and P3D with new, up to date schedules and updated paints for all the airlines that have had mergers in the past few years. Aside from that aspect I love UT2 and it's pretty easy to work new paints, models and schedules into, but it would be nice to have a paid update that did it all.

It is easy to include new paints, planes and schedules in UT2, yes. BUT: it is cumbersome. I updated for example the LH flightplan last weekend and it took me more than 10 Minutes for the compilation. If I think that I should update about 100 flightplans, you can calculate the time effort yourself... AND: if something is wrong (like in my case some stupid " signs in the aircraft.cfg), finding the error is extremely boring as UT2 Powerpack does not provide a proper error solution strategy. So yes, something new would definitely be a plus, but hopefully nothing with such ugly models as in MyTraffic...

I agree the models in my traffic are not the best

And updating UT2 is time consuming,which is why I don't use the powerpack option

I tend to download paints that i think i will use and then when I get a new set of plans from the likes of aig and use aifp to match up models to paints it takes a lot less time.

Yes it can be time consuming but the more paints you have installed the less time it takes to update the schedules

These days I only have UT2 for some older models that are harder to get hold of

Is it possible to install UT2 in P3Dv3.3.5 without using Migration Tool?

If you still have FSX installed and UT2 working under FSX, it is very simple to use UT2 in P3D without the Migration Tool.  If you don't have FSX installed, then I think you must use migration tool.

If you still have FSX installed and UT2 working under FSX, it is very simple to use UT2 in P3D without the Migration Tool.  If you don't have FSX installed, then I think you must use migration tool.

How, please...