Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Anyone have the new GoFlight Vantedge Yoke ?

I did a test drive at FlightSimCon at to be honest it felt really, really good. Comparing it to my PFC Cirrus Beech, the VantEdge is way more,

fluid or smooth on the pitch axis and to top it off it has a hat switch. The only limitation, if you can call it that, of all these yokes is of

the limited travel they have compared to a real yoke. You are moving more area per deflection of the yoke and that for me affects flying.

They had a sale this weekend of up to 25% off with coupon code FD2016. The VantEdge came out to around $440. I ended up buying the TQ6 throttle.

Thanks so much for the review.  I hope they put together a combo pack like they did for the other yoke they have as I also want to upgrade to the TQ6.

As for the moving of the yoke - can this be adjusted using FSUIPC ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Maybe not. I think is more of a physical limitation. The yoke ideally should have a longer travel on the pitch axis and also 90° to the left and to the right.

• Upvote 1

I really wanted to go to the conference but the 30 % exchange for us is a little much, i've been to about 7 of them . I have the Precision yoke also, Cirrus . Looks like they have finally met their match Sam  

I really wanted to go to the conference but the 30 % exchange for us is a little much, i've been to about 7 of them . I have the Precision yoke also, Cirrus . Looks like they have finally met their match Sam  

Shouldn't have slowed you down!  You save on gas, hotels are usually cheaper in the US...but I know what you mean, its a big factor in all of our purchases these days.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

.. no other more current reviews for the VantEdge Yoke .... ?????  

On 6/20/2016 at 7:20 AM, MarkW said:

If so, please post a review.  I would love to know what you think.

Unboxing Video

https://goflightinc.com/store/?model_number=GF-VantEdge

Had one and returned it. Problem was the shaft sticking when moving the elevator up and down.  Per GoFlight advice I got some silicon grease, opened the case put a lot of grease (cubic inch) on the fittings.  Problem still existed.  If you google it you'll see others have had the same issue.  Got a yoko instead- best yoke for the buck. I highly recommend spending the extra dollars. The difference between the vantage and the yoko is night and day.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Am in the process of buying the Yoko yoke at the moment. As I also have the Virtual Fly TQ6, they have offered me a discount on the purchase. As its a fairly heavy item, the cost of transport is a bit  high, but that's the penalty of living in Australia I suppose. A minor problem I have at the moment is the mounting of the yoke. My present Saitek one is fitted underneath the table, but the Yoko Yoke is much higher at 185mm, so that's going to leave a lot less leg room. Just a thought on the Go-Flight TQ6. I've had one for years, and after a while, I fitted the aftermarket wired reversers. I found that because they were so heavy, they tended to drop down, under their own weight. Unlike the Virtual Fly TQ6, there is no way to retension them, unless you strip the unit right down to get to the pots. So I have a very expensive paper weight gathering dust. 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

13 hours ago, Freo said:

Am in the process of buying the Yoko yoke at the moment. As I also have the Virtual Fly TQ6, they have offered me a discount on the purchase. As its a fairly heavy item, the cost of transport is a bit  high, but that's the penalty of living in Australia I suppose. A minor problem I have at the moment is the mounting of the yoke. My present Saitek one is fitted underneath the table, but the Yoko Yoke is much higher at 185mm, so that's going to leave a lot less leg room. Just a thought on the Go-Flight TQ6. I've had one for years, and after a while, I fitted the aftermarket wired reversers. I found that because they were so heavy, they tended to drop down, under their own weight. Unlike the Virtual Fly TQ6, there is no way to retension them, unless you strip the unit right down to get to the pots. So I have a very expensive paper weight gathering dust. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

... I wish mounting was my issue, putting $2G on 2 devices, along with heavy Duty Rig that will handle properly P3D V4  it's a big bummer..... the Rig for now it on the top of my priorities, then the Plastic Yoke must go, & the GF Yoke is , kind of, affordable, and assuming that the Shaft is the only issue, I think should be considered .. I'm GA low & slow Single/ Twin Prop no Heavy, Guy Currently with GF TPM & TQ6, the TQ6 is from early batch production and I would rated it as F .. u know what I mean :-) 

Cheers

Yair    

6 hours ago, N1125Y said:

I would rated it as F .. u know what I mean :-)

I know what you mean.:laugh:

Cheers

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, Freo said:

Just a thought on the Go-Flight TQ6. I've had one for years, and after a while, I fitted the aftermarket wired reversers. I found that because they were so heavy, they tended to drop down, under their own weight. Unlike the Virtual Fly TQ6, there is no way to retension them, unless you strip the unit right down to get to the pots. So I have a very expensive paper weight gathering dust. 

Just FYI, replacement GF potentiometers are $35 if you want to resurrect the TQ6 and sell it.  https://goflightinc.com/store/?pagenum=2

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 hour ago, vp49p3 said:

Just FYI, replacement GF potentiometers are $35 if you want to resurrect the TQ6 and sell it.  https://goflightinc.com/store/?pagenum=2

.. OH, how did you know I have a problem with the Pot, second Leaver is gone,???????

without even using the TQ6, 95% of my flights are Cessna Single Engine and for this I use the GF TPM  

Anyway Tnx for the tip :-)  

Cheers 

Yair 

9 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Funny you should mention this, as just yesterday, I was looking at the Go-Flight website and found they had replacement pots for sale. Obviously they have recognised that there is a problem with the design.

Cheers.

Neil Ward