Sign in to follow this  
PC Pilot Dave

FSX Scenery question - ORBX

Hi all,

I wanted to take advantage of some of the 4th of July flightsim sales this weekend to upgrade my scenery in FSX. I know there's a lot of content and other questions out there related to scenery in FSX - so I'll try to keep my questions as specific as possible. Just wanted to get some info before the weekend was up! 

1. I currently use ORBX PNW and ORBX SAK with a handful of smaller ORBX airports within those regions. My general (and still limited) understanding of FSX scenery is that these ORBX regions can include upgraded mesh data. If that is true, would FSGenesis still be worth purchasing? I mostly fly general aviation in North America.

2. If I were to stay in the ORBX ecosystem - would FTX Global Base, FTX Global Vector, and FTX Global openLC cover mesh, textures, landclass, vector/area scenery upgrades? Would this be the correct order to install them in?

Thank you very much for your time. If there are any general recommendations or feedback, I'd always appreciate that too. Again, many thanks! 

The Orbx "fat regions" like PNW and SAK are complete in of themselves.

They include mesh, vector, and landclass.

FTX Global provides the textures for areas outside these regions, Vector provides the shorelines, roads, etc, and LC provides the landclass definitions.

Bert

Haven't tried the FreeMeshX as I had previously purchases FS Genesis Mesh and their NextMap mesh products....before when Justin Tyme was the owner operator...there is a new lot running this business now.  Some of the FS Genesis mesh is LOD 11, 12 whatever, so If you want realistic mountains or rocky coastlines etc then FS Genesis is good.

But, given that this other stuff is free. Why not give it a try first.

You will want mesh for anything outside of Orbx Regions, it makes a big difference, make your options>settings>mesh at 5m.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3