Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

After a week of Tweaking

So this past week I decided that it was time to try my hand at P3D. I went on LM website and downloaded the latest V3.

I installed it and started to see how well tuned I could get this. I started to add in my 3rd party scenery's and with the P3D Kingair was getting 40+ FPS on taxi and T/O. I then went to add MYTraffic6 and my FPS dropped to 35 SO I spent a wad of $$ and downloded the PMDG 737NGX and my FPS and smoothness dropped to 12 to 17 FPS. However if I let the sim sit for 2-3 minutes it will increase to 19-21 which almost makes it a smooth TO.

My system specs are below. I have tried to OC my 970 GPU to no increase. I don;t think it will do any good to OC my CPU. My traffic settings are at 20%

The rest of my settings are set at an average of 30%. I have used Nvidia inspector as well. If you know of any NI setting let me know.

My FSX Steam does better than P3D. I read 100's of threads saying P3d was far more superior than MS FSX.  The 130.00 I invested would have gone a long way to building an I7 6700 system.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Randy

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

don;t think it will do any good to OC my CPU.

From everything that I've read here on Avsim, overclocking is exactly what you want to do ...short of buying a brandy knew I7-6700 K and motherboard.

Chaz

the only reason I use P3D is the ATC that keeps going when I'm websurfing on the other screen

;)

and yes FSXSE is way easier to get fast and stable

I recently purchased a new rig, top of the line (I7-6700K, 980Ti, etc.), so yes I can set most sliders to the right with acceptable performance (I dont look @ the FPS counter, all I care is smoothness). That part is fine, however, start installing add-on (FTX, PMDG, FSDT) and now getting OOM on most long flights. Reading the forums, it seems that the only cure is to bring the sliders to the right (Radius, less AI, etc.) so now I have a shiny new toy that can run fast, but need to turn the settings down to be able to complete a flight.. the joy of flight sim/tweaking, etc etc. 

Happy landings

John.

I recently purchased a new rig, top of the line (I7-6700K, 980Ti, etc.), so yes I can set most sliders to the right with acceptable performance (I dont look @ the FPS counter, all I care is smoothness). That part is fine, however, start installing add-on (FTX, PMDG, FSDT) and now getting OOM on most long flights. Reading the forums, it seems that the only cure is to bring the sliders to the right (Radius, less AI, etc.) so now I have a shiny new toy that can run fast, but need to turn the settings down to be able to complete a flight.. the joy of flight sim/tweaking, etc etc. 

Happy landings

John.

try FSXSE, its really stable, P3D is back to beta it seems, they broke it

Happy landings

John.

Absolutely the same exact thing for me. Great fps, but OOM everytime and I also usually got blurries. Tried UTX instead FTX Vector, disabling non used sceneries, all possible tweaks from everybody in Youtube and all forums....EVERYTHING. The combo big airport (Aerosoft´s new airports are unusable always)+PMDG/Aerosoft big plane, is taking all my memory from the begining of the flight. The blurries can be controlled more or less with some tweaks.

I tried FSX-SE with full settings, same addons of P3D and DX10 fixer, and while OOM were reduced ( FSX seems to use less memory ), terrible blurries made me go back to P3D 3.3...but just for eye candy.

I refuse to reduce my settings with a PC like mine. I bought the best of the best for P3D, but soon I discovered the real problem. 32bit architecture.

The soluction while I wait for Prepar3D v4 64bit (I hope) : I fly X-Plane 10.50. 64 bit, full settings, full AI traffic, full weather: good fps and never had a crash. Great planes and great free scenery.

Never. FSX and FSXSE are way too cartoonish.

Rubbish.

• Upvote 1

The 130.00 I invested would have gone a long way to building an I7 6700 system.

Perhaps should have purchased a Developer licence for 10 bucks and tried it out for 1 month?

It seems from your post that MyTraffic6 had a negative impact so suggest 'AI Traffic Manager' to help there. Or even disable it until you get the 'base' sim where you like it.

With any flight sim product. Start slowly, adding in things one step at a time - making many additions / changes at once and you'll be sulking... Good luck and don't give up on your investment!