Sign in to follow this  
Demious

AS16+ASCA one black cloud right above my head

I just bought AS16 and ASCA and installed it in P3D v3.3.5 and all seems to work fine, except for the one black cloud right above my head. The skies above Vancouver are pretty clear, at the moment, a white cloud here and there, no sign of rain, no wind, perfect day to fly and then that one, completely black (not dark grey but really black) cloud, like I'm using rubber for fuel. With the aircraft moving, the black color jumps from cloud to cloud, according to which one is right above me and it follows me around this way.

What I can do to fix this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had a major issue with random black clouds. Rebuilding shaders did not help.

My solution was to:

1. delete shaders (users\name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv3\Shaders). Take a back up first just in case....

2. uninstall prepar3D client. Take a back up first just in case....

3. reboot

4,. reinstall prepar3D client.

This worked.

After installing AS16 and ASCA, the somconnect version wasnt fit for P3Dv3.2.3, so I reinstalled client already, to get AS16 working.

I had to update my Geforce driver, so in that process (after installing AS16 and ASCA) I already deleted Shader folder and had P3D create new shaders.

But I'll try another client reinstall, see if it helps.

Thanks, gents! :)

Lol. A black cloud exactly following you around is not such a good sign, me thinks.

I just bought AS16 and ASCA and installed it in P3D v3.3.5 and all seems to work fine, except for the one black cloud right above my head. The skies above Vancouver are pretty clear, at the moment, a white cloud here and there, no sign of rain, no wind, perfect day to fly and then that one, completely black (not dark grey but really black) cloud, like I'm using rubber for fuel. With the aircraft moving, the black color jumps from cloud to cloud, according to which one is right above me and it follows me around this way.

What I can do to fix this?

• Upvote 1

If you do not resolve it Maarten - try opening a support ticket at support.hifitechinc.com.

Vic

Lol. A black cloud exactly following you around is not such a good sign, me thinks.

I was thinking the same thing, but yeah... Sometimes I am that kind of guy. :P

If you do not resolve it Maarten - try opening a support ticket at support.hifitechinc.com.

Vic

Already posted of their forum, but I think it's time to send in a ticket.

Thanks guys! :)