Sign in to follow this  
alex98

FMC freeze

Hello all,

Currently flying LFMN-LICJ on the NG. Standard route, SODRI6A dep and GIANO2B arr with VOR-Z 07 approach.

There is a discontinuity in the missed approach route (Navigraph AIRAC 1605). I canceled it and was on my way to Sicily. During cruise the FMC froze and I was unable to modify the route (directs). Apparently, what happened was that canceling that discontinuity made the FMC freeze.

To unfreeze it, I simply uploaded my route again and made sure to not touch the missed app segment. Thats it!

I don't know if it is a Navigraph bug or a NGX bug, but thought it would be useful to report it here.

Mods, please feel free to delete if already discussed.

Happy flying,

Alex

Alex,

Thanks for reporting this. Very strange. Have you run into this problem again?

Alex, full names in the PMDG forums please.

As for the discontinuity, these are usually supposed to be there and they occur because the arrival may not take you directly to the IAF of the approach.  Sometimes the disco will be replaced with a VECTORS line but it is still an intentional disco.

Dan Downs KCRP