Sign in to follow this  
sascha

HU: Another update for EVO2015

Hi Sascha!

Just downloaded the Weekend Updates, and installed them.

A question about the DETAIL choices.  I installed version 0, but assume that you merely install 0...observe the effect, and then change it up with the other numerical choices, to see what you like?  Same for REEFS 1 and 2 choices?

Correct?

Thank you VERY much for you continued improvement and tweaks.  I will certainly post some FS9 shots, when I get the updates sorted out to my personal preferences.  Once more, thanks again, can't wait to fire up FS9 and see your new tweaks/re-works/improvements!!!!

:hi:  :Party:  :Big Grin:

Post Edit:  Sascha, you could you please tell me under ADDITIONALS,  what the difference is in the DETAIL folder, from selection 0 to 6 is?  Is selection 6 the greatest detail, or a version of the other 6?

Here's Detail (0) :

Leaving KMYR (Myrtle Beach, S.C.)

Detail_0.png

Detail (1)  Golf course detail, out of Myrtle...

Detail_1.png

Detail_1_2.png

Detail selection: (3) is looking really good!  I like this the best, so far :)  

Really hard to believe, that this is FS9.  It even looks so much better live on the screen....

Detail_3.png

Detail_3_1.png

Mitch, the numbers are just the order in which I selected the variants that made it into the update. They are not necessarily different designs. Some are just treated differently (contrast, sharpening etc) as that has a great impact on FS9 resolution as in crisp display.

Mitch, the numbers are just the order in which I selected the variants that made it into the update. They are not necessarily different designs. Some are just treated differently (contrast, sharpening etc) as that has a great impact on FS9 resolution as in crisp display.

Thanks,   and you can only inject one of the many, as it is the same .bmp name.  So..I injected one after the other, and liked the x.bmp from folder 3. :)

Hi Sascha, I was looking at your awesome screenshot. Did you use third party texture for water and sky or all of them is provided by EVO2016?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

The water textures are all Evo, but the sky textures are from an older REX set or some freeware stuff depending on the screenshot. There are so many good textures about already that I never felt the need to do some myself ;)

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi all,

I added some more tweaked files to the update directory destined for scenery/world/texture. Includes some new forests and denser US and Europe field autogen.

Sascha

Hi all,

I added some more tweaked files to the update directory destined for scenery/world/texture. Includes some new forests and denser US and Europe field autogen.

Sascha

I like your heavy forest tweak!

heavyforest.png

heavyforest2.png

heavyforest3.png

Sascha, no FS9 package ever had dense forest as well as this...thank you!:

heavyforest5.png

In this shot, Sascha, super crisp lake shorlines, and no morphing to blur textures clear out to the horizon. You can still see the definition of field shapes, for instance, the lighter tan ones, right at the point of the horizon....no more blur to collage of color, as FS9 used to display. In fact, only the tiles closest to the plane, would be in focus.  No longer....everything has composition. No matter where I fly, no more degradation towards the horizon. :))))

super.png

final....

final.png

Great captures of the new update.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi guys, thank you for your appreciation! Cheers, Sascha

Hi all,

I added Harald's texture fix for 125 and 126 textures and also a new forest type with some of the service roads removed. In the August weekend update folder as Additional 3.

Cheers,

Sascha

Sesquashtoo and Sascha,

I am using EVO along with Reshade 1.1.0 with SweetFX_2.0 and must say, your shots look so much better that what I am achieving up until now. I have tried some of Sascha's .cfg settings, as well as others, but have not found the magic bullet to get:

"and no morphing to blur textures clear out to the horizon. You can still see the definition of field shapes, for instance, the lighter tan ones, right at the point of the horizon....no more blur to collage of color, as FS9 used to display. In fact, only the tiles closest to the plane, would be in focus.  No longer....everything has composition. No matter where I fly, no more degradation towards the horizon"

For many years I have tried solve why my ground textures start to blur out so close, as in a couple of miles at the most from my plane.

I feel like I've made every .cfg edit file known to man, and still never get that view you show in the screenshots above.

Do you both have any advice/tips that I can try?

Thanks very much,

Neil :cool:

Hi Neil,

I just checked the Reshade installation and it seems to install its own version of d3d9.dll, which is also needed by SweetFx and enbseries. Maybe this interferes with SweetFx? I recommend installing only SweetFx to see if that is the case. The SweetFx lumasharpen function produces the best texture crispness I know off, and I never have any problems with texture blurries either using SweetFx, even together with enbseries.

Sascha

Sesquashtoo and Sascha,

I am using EVO along with Reshade 1.1.0 with SweetFX_2.0 and must say, your shots look so much better that what I am achieving up until now. I have tried some of Sascha's .cfg settings, as well as others, but have not found the magic bullet to get:

"and no morphing to blur textures clear out to the horizon. You can still see the definition of field shapes, for instance, the lighter tan ones, right at the point of the horizon....no more blur to collage of color, as FS9 used to display. In fact, only the tiles closest to the plane, would be in focus.  No longer....everything has composition. No matter where I fly, no more degradation towards the horizon"

For many years I have tried solve why my ground textures start to blur out so close, as in a couple of miles at the most from my plane.

I feel like I've made every .cfg edit file known to man, and still never get that view you show in the screenshots above.

Do you both have any advice/tips that I can try?

Thanks very much,

Neil :cool:

Neil, here are my nVidia Inspector settings for FS9:

settings1.png

settings2.png

Good luck! :)

goodluck.png

goodluck2.png

goodluck3.png

goodluck4.png

goodluck7.png