Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Flythemaddog MD80 VC Refreshed

If you can run any PMDG products you'll blitz the Mad Dog.

Really, the rumor that had floated around forever besides the dated graphics was that it was tough on FPS. Using the NGX or T7 I can usually get 25 to 30 FPS In the VC at demanding airports with lots of traffic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

"...it was tough on FPS" - this was my experience; I get better FPS with the PMDG products. Having said that, she's a great AC and these new textures address her one other significant drawback

Hans Soule

gauge texture works fine for fs9.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

If you can run any PMDG products you'll blitz the Mad Dog.

Never had a PMDG Aircraft that didn't blitz the MD in FPS.  In fact as much as I liked the MD it's performance always brought my FPS down into the teens and I've seldom had a system that couldn't be considered fairly high end.  That said it has not been on a system of mine for a couple years now. Would love to see a high end P3d native MD-80 series aircraft released. 

RE Thomason Jr.

Can only speak for myself but I seem to get better performance with Mad Dog then NGX or T7 and my computer is relatively low end. Could depend on other addons running like ASN,OPUS,AI smooth, etc.

Vic green

Why are certain portions of the main instrument panel and entire overhead, black and like missing textures? I don't think I did anything wrong? Any advice on how to cure the black panel. 

Really, the rumor that had floated around forever besides the dated graphics was that it was tough on FPS. Using the NGX or T7 I can usually get 25 to 30 FPS In the VC at demanding airports with lots of traffic.

I would be thrilled to get 20 FPS at a demanding airport flying anything:) My system I guess, but you won't be disappointed with the Leonardo MD, dated as it may be. It's not as intuitive as the Boeings and takes some study to learn. Excellent systems reproduction. FS2Crew has a version for the MD. I think Delta will be flying MD80 for a time to come.

Regards, Vic

P.S. A lot of tutorials on UTUBE.

Vic green

Why are certain portions of the main instrument panel and entire overhead, black and like missing textures? I don't think I did anything wrong? Any advice on how to cure the black panel. 

sounds like you're missing textures in the folder. overhead wasn't part of this mod so my advice is for you to first have a working vc with the stock texture set (no missing textures), once confirmed then set to the pink panel using the manager/config app for the plane.  then copy the modified texture set into that plane's texture file.  

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Yes that was the original issue. I fixed it by discovering what you said last night. The issue now is, the CDU screen and VSI indicator are half visible. I cant see the top half of the VSI or the entire lower left of the CDU screen. Imagine a slant going diagonally and everything on the other side of that slant on the gauge is black. I also see big caps red letters CAPT and FO on the CDUs.

Yes that was the original issue. I fixed it by discovering what you said last night. The issue now is, the CDU screen and VSI indicator are half visible. I cant see the top half of the VSI or the entire lower left of the CDU screen. Imagine a slant going diagonally and everything on the other side of that slant on the gauge is black. I also see big caps red letters CAPT and FO on the CDUs.

textures will not cause this.  

perhaps if you're using trackir or one of those view cameras (ezdoc or whatever it's called) it's too close to the cdu?  if from the normal pilot's view it look fine then that would be the cause.

I have EzDok, I have been running the sim both with and without it. I have tried many views, zooms, and angles, nothing changes the shape or size of the display issue. 

https://s21.postimg.org/aka3t02av/IMG_2474.jpg

I have EzDok, I have been running the sim both with and without it. I have tried many views, zooms, and angles, nothing changes the shape or size of the display issue. 

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

looks like a camera view problem.  with trackir i can get similar distortions if i try to cram my head close to the cdu.  

it's not a texture thing so you may want to search for ezdok issues on google or their forum. 

But why is this happening in default straight ahead view with EzDok off and not running at all?  The distortion doesn't change shape, fade, or adjust however I change the viewpoint. 

you should do a search on ezdok issues, perhaps turning it off doesn't totally turn it off unless it's uninstalled. don't have it so can't really help.

You can set disabled to "true" the ezdok entry in exe.xml to prevent it from loading with fsx.