Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Flythemaddog MD80 VC Refreshed

another update, probably the last one.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=117&linkid=21855

NEW for v1.3:
1) Switch lights tweaked (fire handle illumination, reverse thrust lights with proper black lettering, warning/caution/stall light halo, TRP buttons, etc.)
2) Overhead switch visibility improved at night, needles tinted to match gauge lights
3) Sun visor transparency restored for DX10 
  • Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Thanks a lot!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Thank you very much,

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I've used  your updated VC now about about 6 flights, and I absolutely LOVE it!

Excellent work!  Thank you ever so much for all your time and effort to give the old girl a badly needed face lift!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I want to thank for these beautiful work, and I am also among those convinced that the Maddog needed a bit of restyling and so I downloaded this beautiful work.

In addition to the dutiful compliments and thanks, I just wanted assurances on where to place the folder Texture obtained after unzipped the .rar file, because i did not understood well by annex readme file.
It will certainly be my fault and my inability with the PC, but I'm sure some of you will help me.
Thanking everyone, I also wanted to congratulate you all for the remarkable skills and knowledge made available to all, often a great help for those like me who always need a "light in the darkness" of Fsx.

kdfw,

Great work.

There is no going back to the original textures now!

Looking real good on my new Win7-64 PC / FSX Acceleration Maddog MD82 AAL N555AN repaint / Ezdok all OK here also.

Later I will have to get your fine work into my old FS9 PC ... Maddog MD82 and then back up your v1.3 ZIP.

Have a good day.

It would be good to have your Maddog VC texture update in the AVSIM Library as well as currently in SOH.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I want to thank for these beautiful work, and I am also among those convinced that the Maddog needed a bit of restyling and so I downloaded this beautiful work.

In addition to the dutiful compliments and thanks, I just wanted assurances on where to place the folder Texture obtained after unzipped the .rar file, because i did not understood well by annex readme file.

It will certainly be my fault and my inability with the PC, but I'm sure some of you will help me.

Thanking everyone, I also wanted to congratulate you all for the remarkable skills and knowledge made available to all, often a great help for those like me who always need a "light in the darkness" of Fsx.

here's an example:

in your maddog folder ...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\MADDOG2008\, make a copy of the stock texture folder "texture.SAS" and save it as "texture.SAS.bak" as a backup of the original VC texture set.

then select/copy all the texture files in the "texture" folder that you downloaded and paste them into the "texture.SAS" folder.   When prompted, pick "overwrite all" to replace the texture files.

start up fsx and pick the sas livery in fsx, you'll be using the new texture set.  

once satisfied, you can repeat the copy and paste the texture files into other livery folders.

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

here's an example:

in your maddog folder ...Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\MADDOG2008\, make a copy of the stock texture folder "texture.SAS" and save it as "texture.SAS.bak" as a backup of the original VC texture set.

then select/copy all the texture files in the "texture" folder that you downloaded and paste them into the "texture.SAS" folder.   When prompted, pick "overwrite all" to replace the texture files.

start up fsx and pick the sas livery in fsx, you'll be using the new texture set.  

once satisfied, you can repeat the copy and paste the texture files into other livery folders.

And that was what I was hoping to hear. Thank you for your patience and courtesy kdfw, now I can finally savor the wonderful facelift that you gave to the fleets of our Maddog.

Congratulations again for honorable work.

Valerio.

glad everyone likes the vc facelift.  the underlying md80 model is so good, i wish i had done this years ago.

• Upvote 1

Who has been able to fully implement this into P3D? I have it about 80% working, my CDUs and VSIs are being drawn only about halfway. Other than that everything works. 

The Maddof VC is inop in P3D so far, however the 2D panel works. 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity