Sign in to follow this  
jfmitch

WSSS missing taxiways

Running P3D v3.2.3.16769 with ORBX global base and ORBX Vector.   Landed at WSSS (Changi, Singapore ) today and voila there are no taxiways, just lights for same and of course the runway is there.  Any ideas?  Sliders are full to the right (GTX Titan X).

Jim

:Hmmmph:

Hi Jim,

Is it standard scenery or an addon? Have you flown in there before and seen the airport displayed correctly?

Could just need to use the vector tool - or push it up the list on your scenery library? That all depends on if it was ever correctly modeled - I am not home right now sow I can't check mine for you at the moment.

Anthony Milner

Standard scenery and the last time I was here was probably P3D V2 and it was ok then.  I'll try the vector tool.

Jim

WSSS not included in Vector tool.  My Orbx sceneries are:

GLOBAL
FTX Global Base Pack FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.40 September 2015
FTX Global openLC Europe FTX openLC Europe Version 1.20 - September 2015
FTX Global openLC North America FTX openLC North America Version 1.15 - August 2016
FTX Global Vector FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.45 August 2016

AIRPORT
CAC8 FTX CA ORBX CAC8 NANAIMO WATER AERODROME VER 1.00  JUNE 2016

OTHER
Europe Freeware Packs FTX GLOBAL FREEWARE AIRPORTS EUROPE PACKS 1 to 8 - March 2015
FTX Trees HD FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015
North America Freeware Packs FTX Global Freeware Airports North & South America - September 2016
Orbx Libraries FTX AA ORBX Libraries Version 160906 6th September 2016

UNCATEGORISED
FTX_OLC_AA FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_EU1 FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013
FTX_OLC_NA1 FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

Nah..., this has nothing to do with Vector.  I think you have an add on AFCAD that is not P3D compatible, maybe from Ray Smith?

Use simple airport scanner to find duplicate AFCADs.., available free from Scruffyduck.com

Use Airport Design Editor, also free from Scruffyduck, to make the taxi ways work in P3D... all that is required is to open the taxi list and press the button that says something like set all flags.  There are flags for show detail and show surface that were in  FSX but FSX never used and P3D is using. Very easy fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

The only add-on is from My Traffic/Scenery BR2_WSSS.bgl.  Turning this off doesn't change the fact that the DEFAULT P3D scenery for WSSS is missing taxiways.  RunningSimpleAirportScanner  only finds the My Traffic Entry.  All the talk about ADE falls on deaf ears when one has no experience with it whatsoever.  A bit heavy of an answer;which was NO answer for me.  I'm amazed that no one has checked their WSSS airport and at least told me nothing was wrong with their setup. 

No one has mentioned it before because the default WSSS in P3d works fine, albeit a bit dated (it's the same as airport file that shipped with FSX). Suggest you double and triple check again for an addon airport file in there somewhere. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Turn the My Traffic AFCAD off (add .OFF after bgl such that extension is .bgl.OFF).  You'll be left with only the default WSSS.

Dan Downs KCRP