Sign in to follow this  
Djembe

VoxATC 7 Beta bugs

Nah, I didn't think that you were complaining. I was just pointing out that I've done the same thing. The CRJ is up to its 5th update and it's still marginally stable. Aerosoft will figure it out eventually. The concept is solid and maybe it was a bit too complex for an initial release. I'm beginning to favor what TFDi did with their B717. It was missing a few features at the initial release but then TFDi got the product somewhat stable and then added more features.

8 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

maybe it was a bit too complex for an initial release.

8 years ?

This may be user error but is there a way to remove the VoxATC info from the panel using the panel tool without removing all? I manually removed it but once installed the dialog doesn't seem to allow selecting individual a/c for removal.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yep, the panel manager has always been that way. Make a feature request via the official website. It shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Meanwhile, is VOXv6 fully functional and generally bug-free for P3Dv3.4HF3?

Thanks,

Dirk

2 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Meanwhile, is VOXv6 fully functional and generally bug-free for P3Dv3.4HF3?

Thanks,

Dirk

No. VOXATC v6 is only for FSX. Some people have fooled with it and got it to work with P3d3, but I suggest that it is not worth the trouble. V7.4 works with FSX, FSX-SE and P3d V2 through V4, but not FSW. Unfortunately, none of the ATC add-ons really qualify as "bug-free". In my opinion, the more realistic that the ATC add-on is, the more it displays quirks and incompatibilities.

On 16.08.2017 at 6:46 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

No. VOXATC v6 is only for FSX. Some people have fooled with it and got it to work with P3d3, but I suggest that it is not worth the trouble. V7.4 works with FSX, FSX-SE and P3d V2 through V4, but not FSW. Unfortunately, none of the ATC add-ons really qualify as "bug-free". In my opinion, the more realistic that the ATC add-on is, the more it displays quirks and incompatibilities.

Thanks, Jay. I'll wait for VOX v7 release + some more patches then. Meanwhile PF3+MCE combo sounds like a serious alternative to VOX, I got them both but I loved VOX in FSX.

Dirk.

I have been using VOXATC for couple of weeks now. Few problems I encountered:

1. Take off clearance is not received sometimes: For the same airport, runway, flightplan and weather situation, I sometimes don't get the take off clearance after coming to the hold short position. The problem is the issue is very random and I am not able to repro it consistently. 

2. Closed runways not being honoured: For some reason, if the runway is closed at both ends (marked as closed for take off and landing for primary and secondary in ADE), Voxatc still uses the closed runway for take off. I did drop a note to the developer and his suggestion was to "close" the runway rather than just closing for take off and landing but I am unable to figure out how to "close". There seems to be no option in ADE at least other than just closing for departure and landing. If someone knows more about this, do let me know. I have also run the indexer multiple times but to no avail.

3. Descent altitudes not correct sometimes: one occasion where I was able to repro this is in a short flight which uses both a SID and STAR, voxatc asks to descend and then climb again at the end of SID. For e.g. in a flight of 180NM, at a cruise of FL230, I was asked to descend to 6000 (which seemed ok as I was about 70NM out). However when I just reached end of SID, I was again asked to climb to FL230. Within a short while I was again asked to descend to 10000. Again I haven't face this issue in all flights but only in this particular occasion.

4. Need to repeat departure clearance multiple times in fragments - though this might be a problem with speech recognition and not Voxatc itself.

Other than the above 4 issues, Voxatc has been quite good in providing an overall immersive experience. Operation of SID and STARs have been on the mark with solid vectoring in all flights that did work. The only other gripe I have is not supporting ICAO phraseology in other regions (transition altitude defaults to 18000 as well).

48 minutes ago, fltent1184 said:

The only other gripe I have is not supporting ICAO phraseology in other regions (transition altitude defaults to 18000 as well).

You're right for many regions but not in Europe where the transition altitude is 3500...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, Fsxpro said:

Same for me indexer stops

which sim with which vox version

....... seems okay on P3D452 / V742.

others need to help if you are not using the above (& NETWORKED OR NOT)

for now, cheers

john martin

On 8/21/2017 at 10:01 PM, fltent1184 said:

(transition altitude defaults to 18000 as well).

Actually, I think that you can fix this by adding your own custom region to the file:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4\VASettings.xml

You make a copy of the region code and add your own <RegionCulture> entry. Note this is the XML snippet of the Australia/New Zealand region and it has a transition altitude of 10000:

<RegionCulture>
            <Area ID="AU/NZ" AtsuCallSign="CZ" Frequency="100.0" MinAlt="-10000" MaxAlt="100000">
                <Positions>
                    <Position Latitude="S10*00.00'" Longitude="E110*00.00'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
                    <Position Latitude="S10*00.00'" Longitude="E179*00.00'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
                    <Position Latitude="S50*00.00'" Longitude="E179*00.00'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
                    <Position Latitude="S50*00.00'" Longitude="E110*00.00'" Altitude="0" Name="RP1" />
                </Positions>
            </Area>
            <LeadingZeroForRunwayNumber Value="TRUE" />
            <GroundTowerHandover Value="TRUE" />
            <ReadBackAltSetting Value="TRUE" />
            <AltitudePrefix Value="TRUE" />
            <TakeOffAtYourDiscretion Value="takeoff at your discretion" />
            <LandAtYourDiscretion Value="land at your discretion" />
            <TaxiToPAndHoldTerm Value="line up" />
            <AltimeterTerm Value="q n h" />
            <PassMessageTerm Value="pass your message" />
            <ReadyForDepartureTerm Value="ready for departure" />
            <TaxiToRunwayHoldTerm Value=" holding point" />
            <DistanceToTouchDown Value="TRUE" />
            <HeightInstructionSuffix Value=" to" />
            <PatternTerm Value="circuit" />
            <TransitionAltitude Value="10000" />
            <DecimalPointTerm Value="decimal" />
            <CanUseQFE Value="true" />
            <UseFSS Value="false" />
            <UseMilliBars Value="true" />
            <ReportDownwind Value="true" />
            <UseJoinInstruction Value="true" />
            <InboundRequest Value="inbound to" />
            <UseGCallsigns Value="true" />
            <AltitudeFeet Value="TRUE" />
            <NationCode Value="UK" />
            <VFRSquawkCode Value="7000" />
            <JoinTerm Value="join" />
            <DownwindJoinTerm Value="downwind" />
            <InboundRequest Value="inbound to" />
            <ContactAnyATSUForClearance Value="TRUE" />
        </RegionCulture>
    </RegionCultures>

Make sure that you save a backup of the VASettings.xml file, as this tweak is undocumented and hence may not work correctly. Also, the region must fit within a rectangle, making it difficult to do odd-shaped regions. I would change the Area ID and the AtsuCallSign values to something unique. Like for example, if one were to assign a new geographic rectangle to South America, that line might be:

<Area ID="SA" AtsuCallSign="CX" Frequency="100.0" MinAlt="-10000" MaxAlt="100000">