Sign in to follow this  

Is there a 2K4 KDCA update?

I have been looking, but haven't been able to find a 2004 version of Ronald Reagan(DCA)airport.I'm using Shehryar Ansari's KDCA2002 with the new Megascenery 5, it works fairly well, but does have a few problems with it. Pete S.

Chiefly you have to get a utility called jabbgl here on AVSIM. This program enables you to adjust the altitude of the airport vis a vis FS9. Now your AFCAD will work properly and the AI won't look sunk in. This helps the scenery work better.Lee

I don't recommend editing the default files with JABBGL. Instead, insatll an update file for KDCA. DCA2002 has an Area16N flatten set at 4.877m and the runway at 4.9m. What I did is set the alt to 4.880m in my file, and also in the AFCAD I'm using (airport, runways, and starts!).Attached is the correction file. Install into scenerynamescenery (NOT your DCA2002 or AFCAD scenery folder!).scott s..

scott, that attachment doesn't seem to let me download it. Would you mind attaching it again? Thanks!

Thank you Scott, that little .bgl did the trick. The elevation problems have been fixed. Shez's DCA shure looks good with Megascenery 5!Thanks again.Pete S.

Scott, why don't you upload your fix file to AVSIM as an update for DCA2002, FS2004 and Megascenery? You have my bleesings ;). Shez

Thank you Scott. Would you be able to do the same for Shez' great KPSP scenery as well?

Thanks Scott, this should resolve the oft asked question about AI a/c.(To another question by Al, not sure if PSP did have this problem though)Shez

I seem to have this problem but only near the terminal gates, the GA traffic seems to be fine though parked at the ramp spots... not sure what is going on.

Guest MikEA9557

Hey guys,Does anyone know of a way to remove the Potomac bridges just north of the airport? I traced these to one of the "runway" .bgl files, but unfortunately, removing this file also removes the runways...Thanks...and it is a great scenery!Mike Tucson, AZ"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"--Mahatma Gandhi

Ha! I am working on that problem right now!! I am doing a photoscenery of downtown DC, and this is the current problem I'm working on. I've gotten rid of DCar_EX3.bgl which was causing my photos not to show around the 14th st bridge. I suspect if you just move that exclude to a higher priority (than DCA2002) it will kill these bridges, but I want my photos to work with Ultimate Terrain, and I have to test a solution that will work with that.Give me a couple days (don't expect to do much Turkeyday) and I'll probably have something. I think I need to do some autogen work on my project before I'm ready to release. Not sure how long that will be. I'm not really a designer -- just play with it to understand the concepts, but I'm kind of short on the "artistry" end of things. But I think this one I will do enough with that maybe someone else would see value from it.scott s..

KPSP is built using FS9-style XML airport objects. Both the default and Shez' scenery are set at 144.475m.scott s..

I cannot remember but are the gates there as a consequence of the DCA scenery? If so I can see if I need to do something.Shez

The bridge is at N38:52.611 W77:02.57533 and a small exclude there will take care of it. I'm not sure if that will affect some other bridge adjustment scenery though.scott s..