Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Do you have a Nvidia PASCAL card? You need to try this...

weird! haven't been able to test gsync much in p3d since i got my new monitor, guess i wont get my hopes up. it works amazingly in other games though!

Yes i think it would be good for shooters

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

good for rpgs, shooters, fps, tps, basically anything ive tried so far hehe (except p3d it seems!)

I got a problem with the frame rate limiter in NVI holding my frames at 30 FPS anyone else having this problem?

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

This is interesting. I installed the latest NI and see both the 30.5 framerate limiter option and the Vertical Sync FastSync option now for my GTX980. I tried the recommended settings and in an area where I normally got random routine microstutters (side view, TIR, NGX), I now have mostly smooth performance except for a pair of stutters occurring back to back at 8 second internals. If i can track down the cause of those, I might be in LA LA Land yet!

Having tracked down the source of my regular stutters (don't ask... my stupidity) this is delivering the smoothest experience I think I've had since moving to P3D. Thanks jose!

EXCEPT: Setting the frame rate in NI seems to mess up my ability to scroll through P3D set-up menus like Aircraft selection. Any ideas why this would happen?

• Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Having tracked down the source of my regular stutters (don't ask... my stupidity) this is delivering the smoothest experience I think I've had since moving to P3D. Thanks jose!

EXCEPT: Setting the frame rate in NI seems to mess up my ability to scroll through P3D set-up menus like Aircraft selection. Any ideas why this would happen?

You're wellcome! Happy to knowing that it work for you.

No idea of your problem in menus.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Thank you for sharing:)

It works on my system, but - there is a big but: EZDok is now very sluggish - like set in syrup. Its mostly noticeable panning around, and / or changing the camera position that is now very sluggish. It is realtively similar to running the display in 30hz mode - the mouse pointer seems slower. Anyone else experiencing this?

My system:

i7 6700k @ 4.8

16gb 3600mhz ram

Titan X Pascal on driver  375.70

Windows 10

P3D 3.4

Thank you for sharing:)

It works on my system, but - there is a big but: EZDok is now very sluggish - like set in syrup. Its mostly noticeable panning around, and / or changing the camera position that is now very sluggish. It is realtively similar to running the display in 30hz mode - the mouse pointer seems slower. Anyone else experiencing this?

My system:

i7 6700k @ 4.8

16gb 3600mhz ram

Titan X Pascal on driver  375.70

Windows 10

P3D 3.4

I've experienced the exact issue, except the whole p3d is very laggy with NI tweaks. Tried locking to 30fps and with standard vsync also, same issue. Ditched NI for now.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I've experienced the exact issue, except the whole p3d is very laggy with NI tweaks. Tried locking to 30fps and with standard vsync also, same issue. Ditched NI for now.

Good to know Im not the only one! Did the same. Can't live with input lag, can live with a few stutters here and there.

Tried this also, so far only a quick flight in the default F22 out of Eglin but yes, I agree that the micro stutters are more or less eliminated. Very much better. Still need to see how the NGX performs at custom airports with this setting but so far, it's a keeper for me. Will try normal VSync also but for those with microstutters this is at least worth a shot. No noticeable input lag on panning around but I do not use Ezdok.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

For me, the input lag in Ezdok with fastsync is a no go.. I will test with Vsync and fps limiter on (i was previously using unlimited fps, vsync and triple buffering in the sim)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I can freely say now that input lag isn't connected to EZDOK, just tested it. Same input lag, there is a literally a half second delay between the input and the sim. This is really strange, I'm on a fresh installed win10 and P3D with only one addon airport and FTX Global + OpenLC. NVidia control panel settings are default.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Tested the DXTory method last night - it works much much better than FastSync on my machine.No input lag!

Tested the DXTory method last night - it works much much better than FastSync on my machine.No input lag!

What settings you tested? All times i had tested Dxtory it causes me stutters.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg