Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Do you have a Nvidia PASCAL card? You need to try this...

I just left Nvidia Inspector at default (only enabling Maxwell Sample Interleaving, and prefer maximum performance), and set DXTory like this: 

DXtory%20settings.PNG

and nothing else. Unlimited i P3D, VSync and TrippleBuffering unchecked. 

• Upvote 1

I just left Nvidia Inspector at default (only enabling Maxwell Sample Interleaving, and prefer maximum performance), and set DXTory like this: 

DXtory%20settings.PNG

and nothing else. Unlimited i P3D, VSync and TrippleBuffering unchecked. 

Thanks you. Just tested with Rivatuner limiting to 30 and no limit in NI, but is less smooth than NI limiting and causes some stutters.

Tested my same settings but with 144Hz instead of 60Hz and seems to be more fluid. Only a bit menu input lag. Panning and Ezca view change is good. I can live with a few menu input lag, but i can't live with stutters.

Will test with Dxtory

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Tested with Dxtory and seems more smooth than Rivatuner, but for me NI is completely 100% smooth and Dxtory is 95%. Need to test a bit more. Seems that limiting to 31 is better than 30. 

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

I guess any of the tweaks mentioned in here probably wont help much in the VR world of oculus rift + flyinsidefsx i assume, since any vsync settings are disabled?

Or is there a magic booster i'm not aware of :)  Just checking around..

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

Works nicely here!

In NV Control Panel, Vertical Sync = Fast

GTX 980 EVGA
60 Hz BenQ 32" 2640*1440.

2nd monitor Acer 20" ( So multi display mode set)
NVidia 375.57 Driver.

P3d V Sync off
P3d Unlimited Frame rate

I see FPS in the counter at 60-75. (Over LOWI in the AA Comanche and the NGX) Don't see any tearing and micro stutters are minimal..i.e.hardly noticeable.

Seems like the Fast Sync has something?

Cheers

David

This is something you can be playing with for years hard to get the excactly smooth sim. But these tweaks do work for some people and others not so much

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM

Ok - I did a LOT of testing last night on this, and my findings are: 

FastSync: Does not seem to work in P3D. If I leave all frame rate limiters out of the equation, being the P3D one and NVidias, I get FPS greater than 60, indicating that it doesn't do anything. Neither of the VSync-Modes in Nvidia Inspector seems to affect P3D, in capping the FPS at (in my case) 60, like the P3D VSync does.

Nvidia Inspector FPS limiter V2: Works! On my previous SLI-based system, it created a lot of judders, but on my Titan X Pascal (Driver 375.70 Win 10 x64) it is silky smooth! I´ve never seen this smoothness, since running P3D on a custom resolution @30hz. It does come with a caveat though - it creates roughly 500ms of input lag. If you limit the amount of allowed pre rendered frames to 1, it improves somewhat, but not by much. There is an easy way to test this:

1. Set P3D FPS Limiter to Unlimited. 

2. Apply i.e 30fps cap in Nvidia Inspector (I used FPS Limiter V2, not the circa one).

3. Start P3D with a default plane, i.e the Bonanza, and try flicking a switch in the VC. Do it a couple of times, and take a mental note of how long the switch takes to move from when you clicked it.

4. Go into P3D setting, and apply the integrated FPS limiter. Set it to the same, or 1fps less than the nVidia Inspector one.

5. Try flicking the same switch in the VC, and take note of the reduction in input lag. It should be considerably less than in step 3.

I¨m no expert on this at all, but I recon the Nvidia FPS-limiter introduces a lag, a buffer so to speak, to make sure the FPS timing is exactly perfect before sending it to your display, hence killing all micro-stutters. The price you pay for this smoothness, is input lag.

I did some more testing, and found that the input lag is reduced to nearly half if I use the integrated FPS-limiter and Nvidia FPS limiter in conjunction with each other. For it to work, the P3D FPS-limiter must be equal to the value set in Nvidia Inspector. If you set NVI = 30 then UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30. (adjusting the FIBER_FRAME_FRACTION from it´s default of 0.33 to 0.22 seems to improve on panning, on my machine at least).

The integrated frame rate limiter has its own caveats, as it increases the CPU workload a lot. In some hefty scenarios, like FSDT KJFK + ORBX OpenLC + Dreswecki Design New York + AS16 + NGX + Autogen Very Dense, LOD Ultra and Scenery Complexity Extremely Dense + AI Traffic (WOAI) @40, the smoothness can be improved by adjusting the internal FPS limiter to NVI value + 1 (in essence disabling the P3D FPS limiter, since it hits the Nvidia limiter "wall", improving smoothness, but increasing input lag). I flew a fluent pattern from KFJK to lower Manhattan, and back via the Canarsie arrival last night. The sim nearly OOMd (should reduce autogen level), but anyway - it was smooth! 

One observation about input lag: It is really annoying if you pan around the VC, with ChasePlane, EZDok or equivalents (you could improve the feel of lag a bit by reducing the smoothing effects in EZDok or ChasePlane). It feels like syrup. BUT: when hand flying, it isn´t nearly as annoying as stuttering - in my opinion. So in the end, its a compromise (as everything else in life).   

My girlfriend is away this weekend, so maybe I get some time to make som Fraps frame time measurements ;) 

• Upvote 2

Very interesting analysis Kristoffer. I am not sure what you mean by Nvidia Inspector "FPS Limiter V2, not the circa one". I have the latest version of NI which I believe is 1.9.7.7.

Using the FPS limiter in this version, set at 30.5, I too am getting a much smoother sim now. (P3D V3.4.9). Micro stutters appear to be almost eliminated. I am however running the "fast V-Sync" in the NV Control Panel at the same time. I will try turning that off and checking if it is influencing things on my PC. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Another video that helps understanding in layman's terms what Fast Sync does, compared to GSync and VSync:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

weird! haven't been able to test gsync much in p3d since i got my new monitor, guess i wont get my hopes up. it works amazingly in other games though!

Gsync works VERY well in P3d for me. Give it a try, it does work.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I set VSync back to Appliction Controlled in the nVidia Control Panel and the sim is still very smooth. Thus it is the frame rate limiter alone I would deduce, in NI that is fixing the microstutters on my PC. I have set it to 30.5. I also tried 45 but microstutters were back with that. Even Aerosoft's Heathrow Xtended is smooth with 100 AI aircraft set in the Traffic Optimiser program.

Long been an irritation for me and previous attempts to set this did not help or even made it worse. Monitor can only run at 60 hz. So something has definitely changed in either the GPU driver, NI or P3D. Much happier now. First time I have had P3D run smooth since I moved from FSX. Absolutely no tweaks in my cfg. In P3D, VSync and TB are OFF and frame rate limiter = Unlimited.

For those with microstutters, give is a try, nothing to lose.

• Upvote 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I set VSync back to Appliction Controlled in the nVidia Control Panel and the sim is still very smooth. Thus it is the frame rate limiter alone I would deduce, in NI that is fixing the microstutters on my PC. I have set it to 30.5. I also tried 45 but microstutters were back with that. Even Aerosoft's Heathrow Xtended is smooth with 100 AI aircraft set in the Traffic Optimiser program.

Long been an irritation for me and previous attempts to set this did not help or even made it worse. Monitor can only run at 60 hz. So something has definitely changed in either the GPU driver, NI or P3D. Much happier now. First time I have had P3D run smooth since I moved from FSX. Absolutely no tweaks in my cfg. In P3D, VSync and TB are OFF and frame rate limiter = Unlimited.

For those with microstutters, give is a try, nothing to lose.

+1

Seems that NI limiter is doing a good job. P3D is a new sim for me now. Completely smooth stutter free sim. In the past i only can get this with X-Plane 10.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg