Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

FSUIPC Braking problems

Hi Everyone, i have aproblem with the A330 by Blackbox. The problem is related the toe brakes. When i press the left toe brake is activated regularly bu twhen i release it the brake s still on. This happen with both brakes and even if i press them together they keep on.

This problem is only with this aircraft all the others the brakes works perfectly- What can cause this problem?

I run FSX-SE on windows 7.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you ticked the box marked "REV" to reverse the axis to work opposite.

Also calibrate the full brake range in FSUIPC then set the slope to +15.  This works great for me.

i have ticked rev and slope to +15 and again when i press the pedal the brak is on even when i release it

Did you calibrate through windows your controller?

If so reset to default on the Windows game controller screen.

If you are using FSUIPC to assign/calibrate controllers then dont touch the Saitek software. First go to windows/devices and printers and calibrate your controlers through that. Then start your sim and use FSUIPC.

When calibrating brake axes with FSUIPC , tick the REV box, use a slope if you wish, but make sure you leave a null zone of say 10% of travel. This prevents the brakes being applied when you take your feet off the toe pedals.

How do i apply a null zone with the toe brakes ? Can u suggest what values ? I think the full range of my pedals is 16834 if i remember good in positive and negative.

How do i apply a null zone with the toe brakes

I simply stick a book under the back of the pedals while calibrating the max/min values in Fsuipc.

Would it be a problem for u to tell me what values u have in the FSUIPC.Ini file for the toe brakes so that i try editing the file with ur same values to see if i am abe to solve the problem?

LeftBrake=-16384,-2643/16
SlopeLeftBrake=15
RightBrake=-16384,-2643/16
SlopeRightBrake=15

really very kind thanks a lot i will try it and let u know, but should not  the second value be positive? 

It depends on how far you want your toe brakes to tilt forward before the differential breaking starts, those values are taken directly from my Fsuipc.ini and rev is ticked.

moving the second value more towards the positive will give more travel before the brakes kick in

Sherman, you should calibrate it yourself within FSUIPC. Only need to press the brake and click a button.

i do that way infsuipc i completelly prss it and click the button then i depress it and click the other tick REVERSE and go in fct with a other planes it works without any problem

You need to press the brakes fully forward, click..... then ease the brakes back slightly but not fully back and click.

That way when you are using the rudders normally you won't activate the brakes, there's your dead zone.

If all other aircraft work OK except the BBS, then try sending the brake axis directly to the flightsims controls in Fsuipc's assignments page rather than Fsuipc's calibration.

Well i am quitting. I tried all without success i tried to calirate from windows assigna a null zone in windows devices printers and so on. Nothing. I tried to assign direct axix nothing

slope +15 nothing slope -15 nothing all kind of slopes it seems that when i pus the brake and when i release it the input is to be pressed and i cant solve it anyway. It is not a problem of FSUIPC as i tried to use the FSX assignment with exaclty the same result. If i open FSUIPC the value under reset are 0 and 0 on bot brakes. WHen i go in the sim and press the pedal and open FSUIPC again the value are in the upper part always under RESET 16193 and the this value still stay even if i release the brake it is like when i release the brake the Software get the input of the pressed brake.

Go into FSX settings

Go to FSX settings and delete the pedal assignment for brakes

Go to FSUIPC and assign the brakes using "send direct to FSUIPC calibration"

Go to FSUIPC and calibrate the brakes ....tick the REV box/ press brake fully in and click the right hand SET box (it should read about + 16000)...now release the pedal BUT not fully (it should read about +4500) and press the left SET button.  Apply a slope if you wish.

If you have the brakes set up in FSx settings also you will have problems

And please tell me you have not installed any software that was supplied with your rudder pedals !

all saitek software have been uninstalled i will try what u suggest and l will let u know. Thanks again for ur support

well i tried and agin same exact result when i press the pedal and release it the parking brake shw differential braking on and in the FSUIPC the value of -16383 nd 16384 under RESET so i really cant understand what th problem can be possible the sftware of blackbx that have some parameters that read the pedal depressing like brakes on

i have ticked rev and slope to +15 and again when i press the pedal the brak is on even when i release it

Just as an experiment what happens with the A330 brakes when you un-tick the reverse box?

gb.

it acts like it is not ticked. ticked or not n ticked it is the same. I was wondering if it is a problem about how the braking system of the plane  is modeled to create the problems 

can you post some screenshots of you using the FSUIPC window to assign/calibrate the brakes

Sure i can but this evening when i am back home from work! Anyway i suppose sinceit is only with this lane that the problem can be in the software brake programming. r i am telling something odd? 

I have the exact same problem with the BB A330. As soon as I apply the brakes with the pedals they stay on. The only way to release them is to switch the park brake on then release it which releases all the brakes???

I have also assigned they spoiler and flaps axis on the Saitek throttle, the flaps work properly as they should but the spoiler axis is always in reverse no matter how I set them up in FSUIPC.

Needless to say that they all work perfectly with PMDG, Aerosoft, iFly etc but not with BB.