Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

REX Worldwide Airports HD Released - Bitmap resolution?

Tim, thank you for looking into this for me.  The Avsim file name is KDSM_FSX.zip by Patrick Finch. 

Thanks again!

Denny

Hi Denny,

Ok downloaded and installed the file you requested. Attached are the screenshots I quickly took there. As you can see, REX Worldwide airports changed 80% of the environment of this add-on as it utilized core simulator textures provided by the sim. However there are some building textures that were customized that weren't touched. But as you can see, it looks much better and improved overall with new material throughout the airport!

KDSM_01.jpg

KDSM_02.jpg

KDSM_03.jpg

KDSM_04.jpg

KDSM_05.jpg

KDSM_06.jpg

KDSM_07.jpg

KDSM_08.jpg

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Denny,

Ok downloaded and installed the file you requested. Attached are the screenshots I quickly took there. As you can see, REX Worldwide airports changed 80% of the environment of this add-on as it utilized core simulator textures provided by the sim. However there are some building textures that were customized that weren't touched. But as you can see, it looks much better and improved overall with new material throughout the airport!

Sweet shots - huge difference well done Tim

Rich Sennett

Thanks a bunch Tim!  Yes, big difference.  I was planning on buying anyway, but thank you for your hard work!!

Cheers!

Denny

What do the 1024 size textures look like?

Blurry. :) And if you try first HD (4096) there is not chance you could get used to SD, too blurry.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I guess that depends on your monitor resolution. 1024 doesn't look blurry on one of our test systems at 1920x1200. Heck even at 2560x1440. You have to be careful though at which textures you are looking at for comparison.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hmmm I installed HD textures, and testing the resolutions via P3D texture resolution option. Not sure the test is relevant?

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi Predrag,

I'm not so sure, since the tests performed this way would most likely call the down-sampled mips of the texture sheet rather than the texture itself. Either that or the GPU would have to render the texture on the fly and that process still wouldn't be as reliant as using the down sampled textures (non-HD) themselves. The down sampling process is more controlled and fidelity retained in the front end.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Hi Predrag,

I'm not so sure, since the tests performed this way would most likely call the down-sampled mips of the texture sheet rather than the texture itself. Either that or the GPU would have to render the texture on the fly and that process still wouldn't be as reliant as using the down sampled textures (non-HD) themselves. The down sampling process is more controlled and fidelity retained in the front end.

Yeah, thought so. :) Thank for explaining Tim.

Either way, HD left no trace in FPS or VAS here in P3D v3.2, so no need for SD at the moment.

Yeah, thought so. :) Thank for explaining Tim.

Either way, HD left no trace in FPS or VAS here in P3D v3.2, so no need for SD at the moment.

You're welcome Predrag!  :smile: 

I agree, I use HD and I haven't noticed any VAS issues thus far. 

By the way, I'll be picking up a copy of your latest sound pack for the NGX as soon as dev let's up a bit. Can't wait to try it. Cheers!

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

You're welcome Predrag!  :smile: 

I agree, I use HD and I haven't noticed any VAS issues thus far. 

By the way, I'll be picking up a copy of your latest sound pack for the NGX as soon as dev let's up a bit. Can't wait to try it. Cheers!

Thank you Tim, I hope you will enjoy the soundpack.  :smile:

Cheers!

Thank you Tim, I hope you will enjoy the soundpack.

Speaking of sounds, do you have anything to replace the Alabeo sounds for the C441?

Cheers, Rob.

Speaking of sounds, do you have anything to replace the Alabeo sounds for the C441?

Cheers, Rob.

+1

Cheers, Rob.

I have released only two soundpacks so far - Boeing Stearman PT-17 and NGX Cockpit Sound Immersion. C441 is a potential project, but to be honest there are so many Carenado and Alabeo airplanes that also deserve a treatment that I simply can't point a finger on a specific model and say - this is my next project! All their latest models are popular, so it is not easy just to pick one.  :smile:

but to be honest there are so many Carenado and Alabeo airplanes that also deserve a treatment

Agree, I'll take anything you come up with for Carenaod/Alabeo aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Agree, I'll take anything you come up with for Carenaod/Alabeo aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob. :)

I forgot to mention that also depends what airplane I will be able to record on site, and that is the only thing that I can't control atm.

Cheers