Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

REX Worldwide Airports HD Released - Bitmap resolution?

Just did a flight to Hamburg with a new AFCAD and Orbx Germany North and the REX textures have certainly improved it all.. just fix the control tower please ;) Also I wonder if we use new custom AFCADs that'll get rid of the ACES 'customised default hubs'... will try later today

wQntRLx.jpg

Sc78aR8.png

I don't think it will. most of custom afcads are still using so called overhauled default airports textures. I also tried using afcads for some other airports from avsim library but they often use textures which are not upgraded by WAHD. After night full of tests I came to conclusion that best result is with default airports and afcads or the ones coming from MT6 as they add parking spots (sometimes also buildings which are not nice but it's not many of them). for navigation purposes you can always update sim airac so frequencies match current plates. http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Just please make sure to familiarise yourself with manual.

24 hours from purchase to first play and I'm happy.

For me the biggest improvement is in runway lighting after an IFR approach.

Disregard, found what I was looking for.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

24 hours from purchase to first play and I'm happy.

For me the biggest improvement is in runway lighting after an IFR approach.

screenshot please ? thx

I downloaded  and installed without any incidents. Made a quick settings and here are the results:

My base airport KEWR one of the worst VAS location. I do not have any Addons Airport in my P3D I have all default airports. You can see how REX changed the default KEWR to perfect  

Second airport is KALB. I gave FIVE STARS to  REX World Wide Airports-HD.           :drinks:              .

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Maybe it's me but while I really like the night lighting textures, and I understand the improved diversity, I really have not seen anything so far to make me want to ditch my Zinertek default airport enhancement product. I fly mostly into payware so for me this is too little too late even if it proves to be a superior product.  Watching for VAS reports now if they prove to be a non issue then might end up buying later on down the road.

RE Thomason Jr.

Just bounced around a few airports and took a flight , and the airports look really good, especially at night, the lighting is great. Well worth the money. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, I'm one that regrets paying the money.  Not to say that the textures themselves aren't an improvement over default, but they won't magically make your default airports into payware versions.  The building boxes are still boxes - just a bit more pretty - especially after dark.  Jetways are good if you're parking at the ramps.  Amazingly, control towers aren't touched at all, and most airfields have one.

I had Zinertek airport textures and uninstalled them as I thought REX looked much better in the adds..  These cost about half and are nearly as good, imho - certainly much better value.  I wouldn't now pay extra for the REX version.

If you don't have Zinertek already, then you may think the improvement to your default boxes is worth the cost - some clearly do.  If you already have Zinertek, don't bother is my advice.

but they won't magically make your default airports into payware versions

It wasn't  meant  to turn  them into pay ware airports,     Tim   have  already stated  this

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't seem to find if this has been answered or not.  I have quite a few payware airports and I realize that this product will not change the airport buildings, which is fine.  However I do have a couple of airports including my home city airport which have been downloaded from the Avsim Library.  Will the WWA from Rex transform the buildings that are downloaded from the Avsim Library or will these remain the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Denny

You don't realize the scope of our program as there hasn't been enough time to experience it. We offer 6GB of choice to the end-user, the 'others' offer one set at 100mb.

I apologize if this has been answered, but I can't seem to find if this has been answered or not.  I have quite a few payware airports and I realize that this product will not change the airport buildings, which is fine.  However I do have a couple of airports including my home city airport which have been downloaded from the Avsim Library.  Will the WWA from Rex transform the buildings that are downloaded from the Avsim Library or will these remain the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Denny

Hi Denny,

Which is it? I can test for you and let you know.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Tim, thank you for looking into this for me.  The Avsim file name is KDSM_FSX.zip by Patrick Finch. 

Thanks again!

Denny