Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

REX Worldwide Airports HD Released - Bitmap resolution?

im not sure what the point is of removing one's orbx airports to go back to the default ones. why bother installing the regions in the first place? the fact that they update and fix all the afcads in the regions is part of why those sceneries are great.

i looked at some of the region ones and some of their freeware ftx ones and it seems like for the most part they use a combination of their own library buildings that are already high-rez and some default buildings. with the REX textures it looks really good because they match the library ones much better than the defaults did.

anyway i'm enjoying the new REX stuff it looks good at all the places i've tried, nice work.

cheers

-andy crosby

im not sure what the point is of removing one's orbx airports to go back to the default ones. why bother installing the regions in the first place? the fact that they update and fix all the afcads in the regions is part of why those sceneries are great.

i looked at some of the region ones and some of their freeware ftx ones and it seems like for the most part they use a combination of their own library buildings that are already high-rez and some default buildings. with the REX textures it looks really good because they match the library ones much better than the defaults did.

anyway i'm enjoying the new REX stuff it looks good at all the places i've tried, nice work.

cheers

-andy crosby

For some reason, the ORBX region version of the KBVS is just one single building by itself with terrible resolution. The default and payware ORBX version are much better. I just wanted the default KBVS with updated textures from Worldwide HD.

I purchased and installed the HD textures.

Excellent job!

My airports look realistic now!

Jay

Question - for anyone who has installed, when you look at a REX default airport do get the same sense of the shape and size?  So for example, if I live near KMKE which isn't high on a developers list, would I still feel like I was at the airport but w/ updated textures, etc?  It would be great if REX could put some before/after examples on their site of a few regional airports so we could get a sense.  Thank you!!

Question - for anyone who has installed, when you look at a REX default airport do get the same sense of the shape and size?  So for example, if I live near KMKE which isn't high on a developers list, would I still feel like I was at the airport but w/ updated textures, etc?  It would be great if REX could put some before/after examples on their site of a few regional airports so we could get a sense.  Thank you!!

Yes no change in size and shape

Jay

Do the jetways respond to Ctrl-J?

Hint:  The only thing that is changed is the textures.  Since the only thing that has been changed is the textures, then... if the jetway works with default textures, then it will work with REX AHD textures.

Think of it like painting a jetway with a paint brush.  You paint it, it still works like a jetway regardless of the color you paint it.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

here's some shots of KMKE. i only tried SD textures not the full HD so far. i also have no idea what that place looks like, the textures here are just the first ones i tried after installing. 

after taking a few shots i went and grabbed the ray smith adfcad which adds all the jetways and stuff, that airport is pretty underdeveloped even by default standards haha!

http://imgur.com/a/kj8Xx

cheers

-andy crosby

here's some shots of KMKE. i only tried SD textures not the full HD so far. i also have no idea what that place looks like, the textures here are just the first ones i tried after installing. 

after taking a few shots i went and grabbed the ray smith adfcad which adds all the jetways and stuff, that airport is pretty underdeveloped even by default standards haha!

http://imgur.com/a/kj8Xx

cheers

-andy crosby

Shots ? not seeing anything 

Rich Sennett

Well with REX you will get a better and more realistic sense of size. 

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Shots ? not seeing anything 

Here are some very quick videos I made ... 

Cheers, Rob.

He ended up buying the product again from FSS and had everything downloaded fast and without any problems

lol  why buy it  again  be  better off  waiting  a extra day

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Nice videos Rob 

On the negative side P3D has come along way but when it comes to airports truly what ever REX can do to spice these airports up they are still legacy lifeless poorly created FSX crapola and imo unacceptable after all of these years 

To many band-aids and no cures

There is other areas that need a lot of work also for sure but this one needs to be updated yesterday - just my two cents

Combine P3D with X-Plane and we might have something 

Rich Sennett

Can someone who has installed it clarify whether you can 'customize" just 1 airport, or does it put the customization chosen across all default airports??

For instance, if I want to put a small hangar on one selected default airport will it do that?

Thanks

The appropriate product to do that, and free mind you is SCRUFFY Duck's Airport Design Editor

http://www.scruffyduck.org/downloads/4584110854

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/airport-design-editor-version-1-65.147/

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Just took my first night flight with REX WA HD.

The night lights on and 'within' the terminals and lounges, is the best yet.  Love the globe ceiling lighting that shows through the plated glass, as well as the down-shed lighting that illuminates the glass panes. Well done, REX,!

I'm at a small regional airport, and this has really notched up the realism.

Post Edit:

Well, in having used this product for a few hours, and in placing myself in a lot of airports (small footprint, small town, as well as regional, main city, but not international heavy movements,) I have come to understand, at least for my interpretation, what the 'H.D.' reference is. 

All of the building exteriors are well defined.  Textures, are very crisp, with details such as metal flat pane, or whether the metal is the sheet-corrugated variety.  Windows (glass)  panes,that has a very real sheen and shine, are even better represented in the night textures.  Lighting on and 'in' the buildings themselves lend to the eye, that the illumination is actually upon the surfaces, metal, wood, glass, etc...same for the signs and/or painted logos upon the buildings.  

Great signage for regional and small-footprint airports, for instance, buildings that have the Cessna Service Center signage, as well as other maintenance organizations.  This really lends to the eye, that you are at a real airport...that serves G.A. commerce and operations.

To myself, as I really, and have always loved the night life....from Orbx...is that as you now fly over ANY airport, whether it be within the Orbx sphere, or a FSX/P3D-based generic,  the lighting from all the REX HD buildings actually blends perfectly, in intensity, as well as the color spectrum. Cruising over Orbx-ville, with this product, now gives real-life representation to all the thousands of generic airports, that are lit up...with great and detailed lighting upon all the buildings. If the generic airports have buildings...then REX HD will do its work. This product re-skins generic buildings...but does not 'create' them..or populate an airport. That should be made clear to the reader.  If the airport HAS a building...terminal, work shop, hangar...then this product will represent an installation.

As it stands, REX WA HD is certainly, in my opinion, worth the money to purchase.  It can only get better, as features are added that REX Studios does all the time...for no extra cost.  

You now fly over and through the ORBX world...and ALL air-fields have believable 'immersion' requirements.  I have all my graphic sliders at full maximum, in both FSX and P3D's...so I am only commenting as to what I see for building and feature placement, within that scope.  

Bottom line, this purchaser feels the money is well invested, for the output to the sim, non-customized airports of FSX and P3D.

• Upvote 1