Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Announcement] Alpha 2

@edpatino I see nothing wrong in the exe.xml, ChasePlane is not even in there. 

Are you using another system to launch apps in your simulator?

Not using anything to launch apps here. Other apps like AS16 (is the only one) are started-up manually just before starting P3D.

Did a try today of ChasePlane and its a wonderful program. I uninstalled and re-installed it and selected again NO for the Auto-Launch with P3D, but each time I start-up P3D, ChasePlane starts-up as well. The only way I've found so far for not having ChasePlane during a session is to uninstall it with VFX Central.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I think Chaseplanes makes these entries regarding the names of the views in the cameras.cfg file. And once chaseplane did that, the entries are there, regardless if you start Chaseplane with the sim or not.

I think Chaseplanes makes these entries regarding the names of the views in the cameras.cfg file. And once chaseplane did that, the entries are there, regardless if you start Chaseplane with the sim or not.

That's very possible and would make sense. Probably Keven can confirm this and in the next update could include the option to revert back to the previous camera.cfg file before the installation of ChasePlane.

Keven, could you give us an opinion?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

ChasePlane does indeed modify the cameras.cfg file but those mods aren't launching ChasePlane when the sim launches. 

If you want to restore the cameras.cfg file to the previous state, you have to uninstall ChasePlane. There will be no option in ChasePlane to do that as those changes are required for ChasePlane to work properly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

ChasePlane does indeed modify the cameras.cfg file but those mods aren't launching ChasePlane when the sim launches. 

If you want to restore the cameras.cfg file to the previous state, you have to uninstall ChasePlane. There will be no option in ChasePlane to do that as those changes are required for ChasePlane to work properly.

So, Ok. Any conclusions yet to the original "problem" related to the auto-launch of ChasePlane with the start-up of P3D, even if the option to do so was un-checked during ChasePlane setup?.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Ed,

I checked your original post again and noticed the picture you posted (haven't seen it the first time) and it seems like it's more confusion than anything else. 

ChasePlane does not have to be running to see ChasePlane labeled views. ChasePlane created those views in the configuration files to hook onto when it is running. Your can use your simulator with those views as they are very similar to the default ones.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ed,

I checked your original post again and noticed the picture you posted (haven't seen it the first time) and it seems like it's more confusion than anything else. 

ChasePlane does not have to be running to see ChasePlane labeled views. ChasePlane created those views in the configuration files to hook onto when it is running. Your can use your simulator with those views as they are very similar to the default ones.

Keven, it should be a misunderstanding here. My issue is that even with the auto-launch option for ChasePlane to start-up automatically at every P3D start-up is un-checked (or set to NO), each time I launch P3D, ChasePlane does launch itself together with P3D, and this shouldn't be happening as I understand, unless I'm missing something.

I like to take control over everything that is running on my PC, so that's why I un-checked the auto-launch option for ChasePlane.

I know is an Alpha, and I'm not complaining at all about this excellent app, but I think this is something that should be addressed unless, I repeat, I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hi, at this hour, it's almost, if not impossible, to download anything from FSFX Packages website. ChasePlane is even very slow when starting up and crashes because of time-outs. Someone could explain what's happening, something's wrong?

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Hello Keven!

Didn't want to open a new thread for a simple question. I know not many people are into it yet, but are there any plans to support ChasePlane VR ? From the same question to FlyInside I got the reply that its' something they are interested to but will take cooperation from both sides to happen.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

We plan on building partnerships with developers like FlyInside in a close future. Right now we are focusing on making the thing work properly under normal circumstances but once that's done, we will talk with FlyInside to get something working!

Regards,

Keven

P.S. I don't have a HMD right now but we'll order one pretty soon!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thank you very much for the reply Keven. That's very good news, even if its not imminent :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Any room for more testers? I am the webmaster and member of http://vcw-8.com, and we are looking to make training videos and what not.

Thanks!

Doug 'Dastardly' Hultgren

Pacific Northwest

ChasePlane is currently available to everyone as an Alpha (https://fsfxpackages.com/en/ChasePlane/)

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42