Keven Menard

[Announcement] Alpha 2

Last Edited: April 29th, 2017

Hey Everyone!

The last 3 weeks have been great. ChasePlane is getting better and better in great part because of you, the community. Since the Alpha program started Nov. 1st, we released 35 updates, fixing issues reported by the community and adding new features to the platform. 

As November comes to an end, we're closing in on a feature-freeze for Alpha 1. That means that we will not be adding new features or fixing non-critical issues until Alpha 2. Some users are still experiencing critical issues with Keyboards, Controllers and with overall performance. We're continuing the work to figure those out and will update as required.

Here's what you can expect by the end of April as part of Alpha 2:

1. TrackIR integration
  2. Performance improvements
  3. Reorder presets by writing the desired index directly
  4. Saveable presets in Static Mode
  5. Massive improvements on the In-Sim View Selector (+ fix for pointing devices & for HiDPI displays)
  6. Control over the sim's built-in views
  7. Transfer of preset shortcuts when importing from other aircraft
  8. Camera control while in Cinematic Mode
  9. Transition time option per preset
  10. Engine turbulence from inside the cockpit (open canopies)
  11. Virtual doors and walls (Moved to post-v1)
  12. Contextual menu in ChasePlane to edit presets
  13. Customizable information overlay including VAS usage, currently loaded preset, save status etc. (Moved to post-v1)
  14. Experimental Community features
  15. Simulation Rate support (Moved to post-v1)
  16. Sticky Mouse-Look option
  17. Slew Mode detection
  18. Built-in Spot View support (P3D v3)
  19. Double-Tap key assignments (Moved to post-v1)
  20. Option to minimize to taskbar 
  21. Saved Window position
  22. Scroll zoom
  23. Hidden cursor when mouse wheel is pressed and moving
  24. Key Assignments Enable/Disable (Moved to post-v1)
  25. Importable camera definitions (built into most aircraft) (Moved to post-v1)

Thanks to everyone for their incredible feedback, ChasePlane has already gotten much better because of you and will continue to improve to be the best camera add-on available.

Keep those feedbacks comin'!

Best Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

wow, that list..great stuff!

The way you guys are doing this public alpha is absolutely commendable. Other payware devs should take note!

Hi, could FSFX recommend a video (pls provide links) explaining the basics of the use of Chase Plane?.

Thanks. Cheers, Ed

Hi, could FSFX recommend a video (pls provide links) explaining the basics of the use of Chase Plane?.

Thanks. Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

All those videos are featured on the product page already

Ok, yes, I know, but are they still current with Alpha 1?.

Yes, not much has changed

That's great news! Thank you so much! 

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most. I haven't tried the workaround yet as I prefer to wait for the official support.

Does putting it first on the list means that we could possibly that feature much before the end of January? :)

It's first on the list so people can stop asking for it hahaha

We have someone dedicated for this specific task but we cannot give you a time estimate for it.

• Upvote 1

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most.

Really? :) Where can we see the results of related polls? Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users. Please, don't speak for others as you can only speculate what others might consider important or marginal ;)
  • Upvote 3

Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users.

It is the main item missing that keeps folk using it's competitors product and TrackIR users make up far more than a fragment of users, if you had followed the threads on Chaseplanes release you would know this.

• Upvote 2

It is the main item missing that keeps folk using it's competitors product and TrackIR users make up far more than a fragment of users, if you had followed the threads on Chaseplanes release you would know this.

I've been watching this thread for a while now.  I'm very impressed with what I saw on Froogle but if there's no Track IR support then it's a 100% deal breaker for me.  I'd be moving forward in interface design but backwards in usefulness.  This is why I haven't bought the Alpha.

I've been watching this thread for a while now.  I'm very impressed with what I saw on Froogle but if there's no Track IR support then it's a 100% deal breaker for me.  I'd be moving forward in interface design but backwards in usefulness.  This is why I haven't bought the Alpha.

It is clearly stated that TIR support is being worked on

It is clearly stated that TIR support is being worked on

Thanks Erich, I saw that, I was responding to the other guy.  If it will work with Track IR and be as good as I saw on Froogle's demo then I would buy it right now if it was a complete product.  It's way easier to use than that kludgy other one I use.  It's forever crashing and it has the most annoying interface of any program I own.

Chase Plane looks elegant in its simplicity.  The user interface alone is worth price of admission.  I can't wait till its finished but I fear it won't be for a long while yet.

Chase Plane looks elegant in its simplicity.  The user interface alone is worth price of admission.  I can't wait till its finished but I fear it won't be for a long while yet.

Agree

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most.

Really? :) Where can we see the results of related polls? Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users. Please, don't speak for others as you can only speculate what others might consider important or marginal ;)

The question is what percentage of ChasePlane users will need TrackIR compatibility... I am absolutely sure that Keven and his team will allocate an adequate amount of resources and that it will not negatively impact the schedule or development of features that are beneficial for 100% of their customers. I just wanted to express my, probably old-fashioned, attitude that to a priori project self-interests as the interests of the majority is impertinent.

• Upvote 1

The question is what percentage of ChasePlane users will need TrackIR compatibility...

I guess enough people requested it that they moved it up on the priority list.

Sure, everyone has different priority on the same product.

On my side, I really miss a functional in-sim menu (i.e. compatible with my mouse driver?)

And I'm not compatible with Track IR use, so it doesn't miss at all ... :Tounge:

Hi, Keven. Just bought the alpha yesterday and I have to say that is a wonderful application, a must have.

Just a question, and is that during installation I selected the option to not to start ChasePlane automatically when P3D starts-up, and found anyway a connection of ChasePlane with P3D (as shown in the picture below). How I get completely rid of ChasePlane if I don't want to start it up until I decide to do so?.

Cheers, Ed

Sorry, forgot to post the image:

NdUrJqt.jpg

Cheers, Ed

Hi, Keven. Just bought the alpha yesterday and I have to say that is a wonderful application, a must have.

Just a question, and is that during installation I selected the option to not to start ChasePlane automatically when P3D starts-up, and found anyway a connection of ChasePlane with P3D (as shown in the picture below). How I get completely rid of ChasePlane if I don't want to start it up until I decide to do so?.

Cheers, Ed

Ed are you sure in preferences bottom left side auto-launch with P3D is not green you can switch it off there should be gray if you dont want it to startup with sim mine works 

Ed are you sure in preferences bottom left side auto-launch with P3D is not green you can switch it off there should be gray if you dont want it to startup with sim mine works 

Thanks Rich, but I turned the auto-lunch off (gray already) during installation (and re-checked it just now), and still I have some connection between P3D and ChasePlane when I start-up P3D, even if I don't ask to.

Cheers, Ed

Check if the file structure is valid in your exe.xml file located in your Sim's AppData folder

Check if the file structure is valid in your exe.xml file located in your Sim's AppData folder

By valid do you mean that it should be no entry for ChasePlane in the exe.xml in AppData?.

Cheers, Ed

Took a previous back-up I had of the exe.xml file (the one at the AppData) to make sure is a valid file, and replaced the one on the same directory (AppData) and situation persists. Any help appreciated.

Thanks. Ed

Thanks Rich, but I turned the auto-lunch off (gray already) during installation (and re-checked it just now), and still I have some connection between P3D and ChasePlane when I start-up P3D, even if I don't ask to.

Cheers, Ed

Figured that Ed you know your stuff - thought I ask Brother Keven will sort it out