Sign in to follow this  
hhbrbg

XP-11 beta 3 now with wet runways

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think this is an effect created by Xenviro or another Addon.
Can't reproduce it and it was neither announced nor mentioned in the release notes.

• Upvote 2

I think this is an effect created by Xenviro or another Addon.

:-( Oh, did not test it by myself. Maybe someone else could shed a ligth on the case.

Tom

Same, unable to reproduce this effect and I have xEnviro. I just have the same old effect I had in XP10.

My guess is that he is using custom runway textures which have normal maps (Maybe the MisterX addon?), in which case, it has always done this ;-)

• Upvote 1

it seem

Same, unable to reproduce this effect and I have xEnviro

It seems, that I wrote nonsense, sorry!

Tom

it seem

Tom

You didn't, Stephen did ! :P

Same, unable to reproduce this effect and I have xEnviro. I just have the same old effect I had in XP10.

My guess is that he is using custom runway textures which have normal maps (Maybe the MisterX addon?), in which case, it has always done this ;-)

I think you're right, it must be normal map. But it seems the presence of a NM triggers the PBR effect. Looks really cool indeed, and we might take advantage of this.

• Upvote 2

Tom

Not your fault Tom, you were just repeating what someone else had posted ;-)

I think you're right, it must be normal map. But it seems the presence of a NM triggers the PBR effect. Looks really cool indeed, and we might take advantage of this.

I added a normal map to the apron at EGGP. It had the same effect (but it also did it when it was dry and the sun was directly overhead). It's cool non-the-less and something I hope airport designers now start adding

I added a normal map to the apron at EGGP. It had the same effect (but it also did it when it was dry and the sun was directly overhead). It's cool non-the-less and something I hope airport designers now start adding

Well, I would expect that we will see wet runways in X-Plane 11.1 or 11.2, since the graphic effects shall be moved to the scenery and it wouldn´t be difficult to let the wet runway texture only load, when the weather is wet.

I would expect xENVIRO to add something of this nature (rain and snow) in an upcoming version;

version 1.2 Visible precipitation volume.