Sign in to follow this  
Guest BeaverDriver

Senior's Discount?

Guest BeaverDriver

So I just updated the Ops Center and yes, the 747 is showing there now. Good news indeed. I hit the "Buy" button and sure enough it took me to the purchase page. In part, it said:

Price: $228,000,000.00
No shipping required

Fine. Now, I understand that there might be a $10.00 discount for seniors? If that's true, how would I get that, because I might not be able to afford this without the $10 off the 228,000,000.00...

(oh, is that USD, I presume?)

Hey, just thought I'd ask...

:Big Grin:

Glenn

(and puuleeeeese, don't anyone take me seriously in this post - just felt like having a bit of fun while waiting for the '47 :wink:  )

Hi,

I alwyas thought that if the price of the PMDG 747v3 was $227,999,999.99, they woud sell it much better!  :Tounge:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

just  won lotto  and  purchased  it  flies  just great :smile:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Interesting why such a precise price

228,000,000...2/28...Feb 28...”the team has been discussing release dates for about four weeks now, and we finally have one that we are comfortable that we will make”…”more than a week away, and before Christmas Eve, 2017”. That might be the specific reason why there can be no $10.00 discount for seniors  :P 

Ok I agree - maybe too much of Dan Brown theories here  :smile: 

Kind regards,

Vladimir 

Hi,

I alwyas thought that if the price of the PMDG 747v3 was $227,999,999.99, they woud sell it much better!  :Tounge:

Just purchased it.....The only downside.......neighbours complaining something about "winglet thingies" poking through their bedroom windows....I mean really! I have to park it in my drive! The airport parking was a rip off..! Where do you get considerate neighbours these days... :Hmmmph:

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I also bought it, wow its delivery flight from Seatle was just pure magic, i spent most of the flight gawking at the features, so landed at OR Tambo (Johannesburg), taxied to my house, cops pulled me over, apparently the wings was breaking down the highway light pylons, and it didnt have a number plate and the indicators were not amber, and the lights were blinding the people from the opposite lanes, geeezzz but these cops can complain, oh and i got another one for taking up too much lanes on the highway, for crying in a bucket it is a 747 they should be marveling at it not giving me tickets!!!! 

Just cant please some people!

So i slipped the cop my license with a R50 insiode and a KFC voucher, did the trick!!!

• Upvote 2

Just purchased it.....The only downside.......neighbours complaining something about "winglet thingies" poking through their bedroom windows....I mean really! I have to park it in my drive! The airport parking was a rip off..! Where do you get considerate neighbours these days...

And my neighbours were already complaining when I touch the white limit lines of my parking space with my car wheels...  :BigGrin:

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Guest BeaverDriver

"...cops pulled me over..."

<LOL> Don't ya just hate it when that happens? But exactly where did you "pull over" too in a 747 <LMAO>??

And they say we don't have a sense of humour here! These are a hoot to read! Nice going guys :smile:

Glenn Davy

Cops and neighbours were OK.

All gave me the thumbs up!

It is my wife who said: "You are not bringing THAT into the aparment, are you?"

She will eventually let me, she always does, with a little pat on the head and a: "there there honey, you can buy it".

Roberto

"Who would also benefit from a seniors' discount"

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Oh. When I bought it, I removed the wings so I could drive it thru the Lincoln Tunnel (NYC) on my way to to retirement in Paradise (better known as South Florida).  Toll was high though: They charge for additional wheels. 

Just cant please some people!

So i slipped the cop my license with a R50 insiode and a KFC voucher, did the trick!!!

Good old South Africa. By the way, have you looked out the window recently, it's probably been stolen already to be used as a minibus taxi. It shouldn't take some innovative thief long to figure out that the old 747 will just glide through that M1 traffic.

• Upvote 1