theskyisthelimit

NOAA weather plugin, cant set clear weather?

I decided to give the NOAA plugin a shot (in conjunction with Clouds Gold 1.4 beta) and if i change the weather to clear it doesnt stick.. NOAA redownloads the weather in a few seconds..

Is there no way to do a CAVOK and have it stick?

Anyone else using this?

Thanks in advance

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Disable the plugin and then you can set CAVOK.

Yeah that works but is a bit kludgy particularly in goggles. I was hoping I could somehow create a hotkey/joystick button to do that

Dumb question folks:  I've followed a couple of topics here and at the org about the NOAA weather plugin and I was able to download the plugin, I can't get to the python interface download, via the link from the NOAA plugin.  It would help if someone could give a quick an dirty instruction on how to install, thanks.

Can anyone point out advantages to using the NOAA plugin over default real weather.. ie: better metar data, more accurate or?

Basically the way it interprets some METAR fields and makes them reflect in X-Plane, particularly variable winds, gusts and situations under which turbulence is expected.

Also the much increased resolution of the fetched data ( wind, temp and turbulence aloft ).

Better merge of data between adjacent report regions.

Overall this results in still the best weather injector I was able to use with X-Plane.

Hi,

I cant see if the plug-in is working. How Can I check that?

and

which Wheather setting is needed in X-plane itself?

grz. Paul