Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

CRT / LCD

How do I change between CRT and LCD? Pressing the option on the FMC does nothing.

I also seem to be having some problems with my elevator trim. My assigned Joystick axis does not work.

Thanks

Thiago Braun

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The option is selectable using the FMC.  Using the CDU, navigate to:

PMDG SETUP>AIRCRAFT>DISPLAYS>Display Unit Type (page 1).

This will change the housing of each display, as well as the graphic style of some of the diplays.

Make sure the appropriate simconnect versions are installed.

I can't paste links from my comp at my day job (oddly enough), but if you search google for "support.precisionmanuals.com p3d simconnect" the article should come up that guides you through it.

I am using P3D 3.3.5 and will double check simconnect. I am also using VR/Flyinside, fyi.

Is it possible to select CRT on all models, including on the 400ER? Do I need to be at the gate, with engines off or can I change it anytime I want? Sometimes the option is darker, as if it would not be possible to change it and sometimes not, but clicking on it does not work. I have only tried this on the 400ER.

If nothing works, guess I will fly the 400 version for now, since I really like the "old school" feeling.

Thanks

Thiago Braun

For the 400ER, no - that one is forced. Forced items will be 'greyed out' (or a darker green, in this context).

Changes in the <AIRCRAFT menu should be instant, however, if the change is allowed (not 'greyed out').

I can't paste links from my comp at my day job (oddly enough),

If you can highlight the link then CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+V to paste.

Nameless,

I know how to. The issue is that I am not able to. IE is prevented from accessing the Windows clipboard.

Full names in the forum, please.

Nameless,

Then you will not be able to use the PMDG section of the forums. If you need support, you can get us at support.precisionmanuals.com. Here, though, you'll have to abide by the rules, or not participate.

For the 400ER, no - that one is forced. Forced items will be 'greyed out' (or a darker green, in this context).

Changes in the <AIRCRAFT menu should be instant, however, if the change is allowed (not 'greyed out').

Ah! I see. Problem solved then. Thank you.  :smile:

Thiago Braun