Sign in to follow this  
Piotr007

FlyTampa Amsterdam Schiphol Problems

Hi guys,

I am posting here because I get no answer on their forums.

I am having issues with some night textures. The scenery works well at daylight, but every other time I get this.

Perhaps you guys know what the problem could be? Here are the links for the screenshots

http://imgur.com/v134qRM

http://imgur.com/GAIxF11

Kind regards,

Peter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try turning on missing texture alert, I would guess that's a missing texture but could be wrong.

What do you see in the daytime? Try a full uninstall and reinstall the scenery without the DX10 fixer, and running in DX9.

DJ

It will probably be ok in dx9 as it doesn't display missing textures, it silently throws them away.

It will probably be ok in dx9 as it doesn't display missing textures, it silently throws them away.

Hi,

So why is it caused in DX10? I am using your DX10fixer Steve. Strange it occurs with this FlyTampa product only.

EDIT:

Here is DX9 screenshot.

http://imgur.com/AJRLzC9

As you can see, no issues at night.

DX9 is out of option because of the VAS. I hate VAS. biggest killjoy ever.

Hi,

Where do it happen exactly at Flytampa EHAM? I want to check if mine has the same issue after I get back home today. Never had a night flight here so I have not noticed it.

Thank you.

Hoang Le

As I have said if the airport is missing a texture, then in dx9 the engine discards it and you see nothing. The dx10 engine however falls back to bkg.bmp and so you see a square. Given that, the first thing to test here is to turn on missing texture alert and note the name of any missing texture.

Now it may be that isn't the issue here, so the next thing to try will be to go into the debug dialog and change the alphatest pulldown to the full setting.

If that doesn't work then as suggested above an uninstall , reinstall of the airport should be tried.

If that doesn't work then we can try adjusting the legacy sliders.

As I have said if the airport is missing a texture, then in dx9 the engine discards it and you see nothing. The dx10 engine however falls back to bkg.bmp and so you see a square. Given that, the first thing to test here is to turn on missing texture alert and note the name of any missing texture.

Now it may be that isn't the issue here, so the next thing to try will be to go into the debug dialog and change the alphatest pulldown to the full setting.

If that doesn't work then as suggested above an uninstall , reinstall of the airport should be tried.

Thank you Steve. I will follow the steps you gave.

EDIT:

Failed to load texture: AMSTERDAM_ALPHA5_LM.DDS.

http://imgur.com/P1XeitV

What do you exactly mean with; "so the next thing to try will be to go into the debug dialog and change the alphatest pulldown to the full setting."?

Hi. I have reinstalled the add-on but with no results.

I can only suggest that you ask them to supply the missing texture, I see that you have done that.

Check the FLYTAMPA "AMSTERDAM" forum.

Yesterday they posted a file in the forum with the missing texture

AMSTERDAM_ALPHA5_LM.DDS along with the missing AMSTERDAM_ALPHA5_S.DDS.

As I was also missing these I thought that these may stop me getting OOM's after 10-15 minutes but without luck.

• Upvote 1