Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

19 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I don't really even know what Aerowinx is.  I found the problem.  Windows Update KB3118401 had reinstalled itself.  I hope that doesn't keep happening...I hadn't made any changes.  Or, perhaps, another solution can be found.

Just turn windows update settings off of automatic, set it to you deciding what to update. Then hide the offending update and you won't ever have to even look at it in the list.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Just want to clarify that if airports' policy in US calls for transponder OFF on the ground, we won't see much ground AI traffic in the US. I'm checking FR24 from time-to-time and while it provides excellent coverage in the air, the ground operations are almost non-existent. Any way to improve it in the future OR it's an inherent limitation, the developer won't be able to overcome?

Thanks

Dmitriy 

48 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Just turn windows update settings off of automatic, set it to you deciding what to update. Then hide the offending update and you won't ever have to even look at it in the list.

Yeah, it installed again last night.  It was in a different place than the first time which is why I missed it.  I did as you suggested.  I hope it gets resolved.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi,

First of all cheers for this amazing app! It has change my sim experience since ever!

I would like to give a suggestion to improve its realism.

Right now, when a traffic turns off its xpdr it dissapear from our screens, as has to be as there is no more information available.

However you have two variables already known: Aircraft position and Airport parking spot coordinates.

My suggestion is: You could detect when an aircraft turns off its xpdr, then check if it is within a small radious from a parking position (Say 15 mts), if these conditions are true then it means the plane has just arrived to gate and shutdown, thus you could replace the live traffic for a static aircaft (Just as you do with parked aircrafts) and give them a live time of about 25 minutes, this  way we could be able to see all aircraft parked in their exact gate during its turn around!!! bringing life to airports with parked aircrafts that are real traffic indeed!

We could personalize this procedure with some variables:

1. Turn around time. We could set the time the aircraft should remain parked until it dissapear, this way we can control the ammount of aircraft displayed in the airport for FPS reasons (Shorter the time the less aircraft displayed at the same time)

2. Longer times for heavy aircraft, as they spend more time at gate.

If times are set correctly we could be able to see an aircraft arrive and depart from the gate as in real time!

One condition for this to work is to have an airport scenery that has an exact match with real gate locations so aircraft positions matches with gates in the scenery. As far as I have used PSXSeecontraffic in many payware airports, they match almost exactly in most! If they do not match the traffic will just dissapear as it is right now.

Thank you for such a great app and hope this suggestion could be applied in future updates.

Regards,

Luis

Then this "relatively" simple app would immediately become more complex, as it would then need to create a database of taxi paths for each airport and guide each aircraft to an open gate. It would also need to prevent collisions among the ground AI aircraft. And parked aircraft would need to be created to account for departing real life aircraft. It's certainly doable, as that's what VOXATC does. Right now, I use Nico's app in concert with VOXATC and carefully adjust the VOXATC traffic level, such that there aren't any collisions. This way I see live AI traffic, ground AI traffic and hear some live ATC communication with  AI traffic. Works for me.

Hi, my idea is very simple and does not require that much of new processes, maybe I did over explained it :)
No need for animations or taxiing, just plain replacement, removing the live traffic and injecting a parked aircraft in the parking position as depicted in the airport parking file.

No need for a new database as the airport parking positions already exists and is stored in the app's memory. Just set a listener to detect when an airplane signal is off and get its last position and compare it with the parking spots file.

I use Nico's app alone, no other AI running, this modification could bring life to the airport with an increase in realism.

9 hours ago, Delta330 said:

My suggestion is: You could detect when an aircraft turns off its xpdr, then check if it is within a small radious from a parking position (Say 15 mts), if these conditions are true then it means the plane has just arrived to gate and shutdown, thus you could replace the live traffic for a static aircaft (Just as you do with parked aircrafts) and give them a live time of about 25 minutes, this  way we could be able to see all aircraft parked in their exact gate during its turn around!!! bringing life to airports with parked aircrafts that are real traffic indeed!

Hi Luis,

What you suggest is already implemented in PSXseeconTraffic!

Strange that you have not noticed it...

See my answer in my Forum (where you posted the same suggestion).

Nico

28 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi Luis,

Strange that you have not noticed it...

See my answer in my Forum (where you posted the same suggestion).

Nico

So, yesterday, I flew out of KRSW Ft. Myers and there were zero aircraft there.  Does this mean that, if I had waited, the airplanes would have flown in and populated the parking spots?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

6 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

So, yesterday, I flew out of KRSW Ft. Myers and there were zero aircraft there.  Does this mean that, if I had waited, the airplanes would have flown in and populated the parking spots?

That's right, I have just tried and works great! Planes are even arriving and departing gates. Parking percentage 0 is the key, and wait some minutes

8 hours ago, kiek said:

Yep, it works nicely and it more or less co-exists with VOXATC as long as the VOXATC traffic levels aren't set too high. Now, if the US FAA could pass a new rule mandating the ADS-B transmitter to be turned on and off only at the gate.:wink:

What I've been tending to do now is to run my BGL traffic during preflight and taxi to get a more full and proper placement of AI on the ground, then slide the traffic to 0% and fire up the live traffic as I approach the runway for takeoff. Once I arrive at my destination I do the opposite. Sure it's a tiny inconvenience but seems to works quite well.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

2 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

What I've been tending to do now is to run my BGL traffic during preflight and taxi to get a more full and proper placement of AI on the ground, then slide the traffic to 0% and fire up the live traffic as I approach the runway for takeoff. Once I arrive at my destination I do the opposite. Sure it's a tiny inconvenience but seems to works quite well.

That's pretty ingenious ,, always great to see people resolving particular 'problem' with the tools already available. For me the ground traffic I can accept with the plugin as it is but this might help others who like that part of the sim to be more alive.

Hey guys 

Sorry this may a stupid question.

I am using demo mode until i figure this out and then will purchase it.

so i have ut2 liveries in  a folder outside p3d folder and i had ran vrm etc etc 

No aircraft are shown.

But when i insert the ut2 liveries in simobjects p3d live traffic then does work.

Is there no way to have liveries outside p3d and work?

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Is there no way to have liveries outside p3d and work?

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks

Yes, I have them outside P3D and they work. Just make sure you insert the proper full path into Simobjects.cfg. In my case

Path=J:\UT2 Aircraft

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Yes, I have them outside P3D and they work. Just make sure you insert the proper full path into Simobjects.cfg. In my case

Path=J:\UT2 Aircraft

Kind regards, Michael

Oh i see.

Im such an idiot

Thank you very much.