Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

4 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

In North America, transponders' are usually turned off on the ground and since they're the true and sometimes the only source of the data that feeds both FR24 and RealTraffic, I'm very pessimistic that we'll ever see AI ground operations simulated in P3D. Things are little bit better in Europe and Asis, since their carries follow different regulations with regard to usage on transponders on the ground.

I have definitely seen traffic taxiing around at CYYZ and taking off on the correct runway, just was not working last night.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

25 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Mine is set to 0 and I still get the message. It eventually goes away and I see traffic however.

Vic

I got this message occasionally as well and found out that is triggered by mainly AI Ship traffic which is injected ie from Addons like VHHX from FT and you get the message standing in VHHH, as the ship traffic is still injected as VHHX is very close.

The good thing is, the life AI traffic is still working fine!

ok, that makes sense!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Today I downloaded VMRGenerator 3.9, unpacked it, added my only AI folder to it and pressed Go button. 

Right after that I received a message about missing ai_liveries.txt file. But I supposed that this program should generate it!

Of course, I'm an experienced user (and a programmer too), and I know what to do and I fixed this small annoyance in a second, but imagine how surprised a beginner would be. :)

3 minutes ago, Mitritch said:

But I supposed that this program should generate it!

Of course, I'm an experienced user (and a programmer too), and I know what to do and I fixed this small annoyance in a second, but imagine how surprised a beginner would be. :)

Beginners as well as experts should read the manual, especially the few pages about installation and configuration. This is not an app for a smartphone.

• Upvote 1

Still getting P3D ctd when using this app.Has anybody any idea?

Error: Error in requesting SimConnect about the aircraft in range

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Beginners as well as experts should read the manual, especially the few pages about installation and configuration. This is not an app for a smartphone.

Sorry, for some reason I tried to run the program with unchecked checkbox "Search All Liveries Folders". Don't know why I did not notice it. :(

Also, could you add ICAO code TPU for this airline https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avianca_Perú to the list of airlines in ICAOAirlineCodes.txt which is in data folder of VMRGenerator application? I already added it locally.

Thank you very much for your beatiful program!

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

Manual : traffic slider has to be set to 0

Yep...I should have included that I do set this to 0...still have the same warning.

No biggy...program still runs great. Just thought I would ask in case there is some setting I could change.

If I find one, I'll come back and let everyone know.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

14 hours ago, JeffB said:

I'm getting the warning "3rd party aircraft detected"...I do have MT6, but I have disabled it in the scenery library by unchecking it. However, in the simobjects.cfg file, I have the following:

[Entry.15]
PATH=C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
TITLE=MyTraffic Vehicles
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

If I want this warning message to stop appearing, should I set ACTIVE=false?

Definitely do not set to false...when I did, no traffic could be created. Must set to true.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

12 hours ago, Mitritch said:

Sorry, for some reason I tried to run the program with unchecked checkbox "Search All Liveries Folders". Don't know why I did not notice it. :(

Also, could you add ICAO code TPU for this airline https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avianca_Perú to the list of airlines in ICAOAirlineCodes.txt which is in data folder of VMRGenerator application? I already added it locally.

Thank you very much for your beatiful program!

Thx!

I've add TPU to ICAOAirlineCodes.txt.

The latest file (see the release date) can from now on also directly be downloaded from my website: http://www.lekseecon.nl/VMRGenerator.html

Nico

• Upvote 1

I have a big problem with PSXseecon and or the Traffic program.  Back to CYYZ last night and this time I had both arriving and departing traffic, anywhere from 15 to 27 aircraft that were live and everything looked great. Problem is that after about 10 minutes the traffic goes to zero live and the traffic generator radar is frozen.  If I restart both of them, then it all works fine again and then stops.  Note that I have paid for the subscription and I am not getting the 10 minute demo timeout message.  Anyone else have this issue and can offer a clue as to what is happening ?  (I am also up to date on the latest releases of both programs).

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 3/8/2017 at 7:26 AM, G-YMML1 said:

In North America, transponders' are usually turned off on the ground and since they're the true and sometimes the only source of the data that feeds both FR24 and RealTraffic, I'm very pessimistic that we'll ever see AI ground operations simulated in P3D. Things are little bit better in Europe and Asis, since their carries follow different regulations with regard to usage on transponders on the ground.

Pilots will normally only leave their transponders on at airports equipped with ASDE-X or some other form of advanced ground surveillance radar.  Ground secondary radar will only be found at large airports... in the U.S., there are about 35... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASDE-X .  Outside of those airfields, even if the the transponders are left on, airborne radars don't provide enough precision to accurately track aircraft as they taxi.  As ADS-B comes into more common use and squitters begin to replace transponders, ground coverage should improve at many U.S. airports; but the adoption deadline is not until 2020 (and that may slip as we get closer).

At smaller airports, I'm not sure why the author seems intent on not letting P3D take over the aircraft for ground operations after landing... seems like that should be pretty simple all things considered.  Admittedly, generating taxiing departures would be much more difficult. 

1 hour ago, MadDog said:

At smaller airports, I'm not sure why the author seems intent on not letting P3D take over the aircraft for ground operations after landing... seems like that should be pretty simple all things considered.  Admittedly, generating taxiing departures would be much more difficult. 

It seems simple but it's not. Various AI/ATC apps have devised ways of improving the default AI movement both in the air and on the ground. AI Controller 2 takes control of the sim's AI aircraft and makes them follow the correct arrivals and departures. VOXATC does something similar by generating it's own AI aircraft within the user's reality bubble, based on models from a 3rd party AI package such as either UT2, MyT 6 or WOAI. Nico's app takes readily available online transponder position data and converts it to an AI aircraft object in the sim, also using the models from a 3rd party AI package. Unfortunately, there's no available mechanism to "transfer" control of these non-sim created Ai aircraft back to the sim.