Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

I dont get how this licensing is working, like somewhere i read that its free for all but then you need to buy a license :/ hmmm seems to be working good in the 10 minute demo though

PSXseeconTraffic is free if not used commercially.

For RealTraffic for PSX (the source of the live data) you have to buy a license.

Nico

PSXseeconTraffic is free if not used commercially.

For RealTraffic for PSX (the source of the live data) you have to buy a license.

Nico

Ah i understand, thanks... has there been any solution to ground tfc disapperaing? is there a way to keep them without them diappearing? and anyone had any problems wit hFT dubai and tfc? http://prntscr.com/eb9r9y

theres no way to keep them after they turn off their transponder... that is what Real Traffic "tracks" no transponder, no plane to be injected or shown.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I dont get how this licensing is working, like somewhere i read that its free for all but then you need to buy a license :/ hmmm seems to be working good in the 10 minute demo though

You are buying a 1 year license for $9.99 only for the program that feeds the data to the PSXseecon program.  I would suggest using it in Demo mode (10 minutes which you can repeat over and over) during setup just to make sure you can get it working and are satisfied with it.  If so then you can buy.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

guys can you please help atm I am using demo mode and I think I have most of it working correctly thou no parked aircrafts at gate yssy

I used my ut2 liveries

thanks

mike

I also installed it with the demo version. I am quite impressed, allthough I saw at EHAM (FT) an Air France A388 for example. Is this something which can be finetuned by editing the traffic file?

​Thanks,

Arjen

I am curious, how the parked planes are tracked? I mean, how Real Traffic knows where these aircraft are parked as long as they have their transponders off?

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

guys can you please help atm I am using demo mode and I think I have most of it working correctly thou no parked aircrafts at gate yssy

Hi Mike,

Do you have a file yssy.txt in the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic?

If not, create one with the ParkPosGenerator, see the Manual, section 3.3

Nico

I also installed it with the demo version. I am quite impressed, allthough I saw at EHAM (FT) an Air France A388 for example. Is this something which can be finetuned by editing the traffic file?

For real Traffic: This has to do with how many AI liveries you have installed. The more airlines/types you have the better you see aircraft that are there in real life too.

For parked aircraft: you should fine tune the EHAM.txt file.

Nico

I am curious, how the parked planes are tracked? I mean, how Real Traffic knows where these aircraft are parked as long as they have their transponders off?

Parked planes are not coming from the Real Traffic data stream. Only moving planes.

The parked planes are added by PSXseeconTraffic, just to get rid of empty airports.

Nico

Hi Mike,

Do you have a file yssy.txt in the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic?

If not, create one with the ParkPosGenerator, see the Manual, section 3.3

Nico

For real Traffic: This has to do with how many AI liveries you have installed. The more airlines/types you have the better you see aircraft that are there in real life too.

For parked aircraft: you should fine tune the EHAM.txt file.

Nico

Parked planes are not coming from the Real Traffic data stream. Only moving planes.

The parked planes are added by PSXseeconTraffic, just to get rid of empty airports.

Nico

Thanks Nico,

I have around 4200 liveries recognized.

Do you mean that if a certain livery is not found it will be substituted randomly?

Have to admit that I moved the parking percentage to 100 procent though.

Thanks,

Arjen

I have around 4200 liveries recognized.

Do you mean that if a certain livery is not found it will be substituted randomly?

Have to admit that I moved the parking percentage to 100 procent though.

I have 11000 and still life is not perfect... After a session the log file contains an overview of the liveries you are still missing.

Matching proces, see manual section 5.17:

"The livery generated for the aircraft is chosen in a best effort matching process. First a match is tried based upon airline and type, then airline and similar type, then type only, then similar type only, and at last a default aircraft is randomly chosen out of the available default livery candidates. "

The percentage parked, has no effect on the matching process as such, but indeed it will  make more clear what you miss. ...

Nico

Wow, that is impressive. 11.000.

Thanks for the support, I will start to add the missing liveries. I am very impressed by the tool/interface you developed.

Many thanks,

Arjen

Nico

Ok! Thank you Niko. Good idea, its better than empty for sure.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

i get the message "RealTraffic status: wait for connection, red bar on the left middle

In the bottom it says "waiting for RealTraffic for PSX to connect.

What am i doing wrong that it cant find the connection? No networked pc or anything, everything is on one machine

regards,

Alexander Marx