Sign in to follow this  
kiek

Flying with live traffic!

Hello Niko,

I experience a kind of bug? The PSXseeconTraffic app shuts down every now and then by itself and I lose the traffic. I have to then star it again. This happens many times in a flight. Any clue why?

If you post your log file, it may give some ideas...

"It is a nice addon indeed, but don't expect me to make a you tube video. Others may do that.

Nico "

And why not you? It makes much more sense if the developer does it. Who knows the prg. better than you, and are able to show and explain how to set it up?

Lol, I have no time for that, besides I'm not from the You Tube generation :-)

Note that I've spent about a full man year to develop this program. I expect you guys to spend two hours studying the Manual (of not more than 20 pages).. This is not an app for a smart phone.

And otherwise just don't use this application.

Nico.

• Upvote 2

Lol, I have no time for that, besides I'm not from the You Tube generation :-)

Note that I've spent about a full man year to develop this program. I expect you guys to spend two hours studying the Manual (of not more than 20 pages).. This is not an app for a smart phone.

And otherwise just don't use this application.

Nico.

Agreed!

It took me not more than a few minutes to figure the program out and a few hours of tinkering with my airport txt files to get the parked planes I wanted. I can not understand how people flight sim without being able to complete simple tasks on a computer

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Im confused ive gone over thr manual 100times.

Whilst ut2 was still installed i ran the vrm and it generated the ai liveries txt

I then moved it to psxtraffic folder

I copied my ut2 simobjects aircraft folder and saved it in another drive outside p3d. Is this ok?should the folder remain in simobjects in p3d?

I then proceeded to uninstall ut2

But no parked aircraft at any of my aiports

Live aircraft are shown thou parked is highlighted but at 0 always

Im stumped.

Please advise

Thanks

Mike

Agreed!

It took me not more than a few minutes to figure the program out and a few hours of tinkering with my airport txt files to get the parked planes I wanted. I can not understand how people flight sim without being able to complete simple tasks on a computer

Dude you have no clue.  I once helped out a friend who was a real world pilot (Dual, IFR) with lots of hours in his Baron 58.  He could fly the real deal but didn't even know how to purchase and add any addons, no idea how to manually add liveries.  Lots of aviation fans and real world pilots know very little about computers.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thank you Niko! Could you indicate where I can found the log file ? I can't see something on the program folder.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Windows 7 - Update on the issues.

Just to let everyone know that I rolled back to an earlier time to try again to find the culprit for W7 issues.  I had been installing updates in batches and had about 125 installed with PSXseecon still working.  Last night I had just 26 to go.....mostly Windows security updates....I batched them into groups of 10 and finally hit a group that killed PSXseecon.  I have set a restore point and had taken a screenshot of the updates installed so tonight I will revert and try again.  Hopefully this leads somewhere but not sure yet that it will.  I will keep all posted.

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Dude you have no clue.  I once helped out a friend who was a real world pilot (Dual, IFR) with lots of hours in his Baron 58.  He could fly the real deal but didn't even know how to purchase and add any addons, no idea how to manually add liveries.  Lots of aviation fans and real world pilots know very little about computers.

I get it, but if one is going to get into this hobby he or she needs some computer skills.

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

What do you mean, what are MLAT aircraft...?

Nico

MLAT are aircraft that are used by judging their position with gps  co-ordinates. Flightradar24.com uses it, so what happens is that these aircraft show up in flight sim and is annoying because they do not land on the runways etc

it is picking up other ai, either from vatsim, ivao ore your ai traffic, set slider to 0% and make sure your ai traffic program is disabled

sorry about the last line

Another thing that I would recommend and that to me I fix the problem of see aircraft in them parquings, is that which have the last version of fsuipc, put the number of traffic AI to 0 (unlimited) in the tab miscellaneous

I don't know what is your experience so far guys. I must admit that the busy skies this app is bringing is amazing. However on the ground I face three major turn-offs:

1) I get a lot of stutters
2) I many times see fast and low flying planes over the terminals (like an airplane tracking having not been updated)
3) I see wrong airlines. For example I saw "Greece airlines" in Atlanta and an A321 Air France in Denver.

The one which bothers me most is the stutters problem. Breaks the smoothness significantly. Do you guys have this issue too? I think I'll park this app for now until  there is a solution to this. Of course it is just released and it is beta as we know. I don't want to be negative. many congrats to Nikos for his amazing job to bring this to life as a freeware. Thanks so much.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

aaahh help here!! http://prntscr.com/ebo53s was fine yesterday stuck asking for QNH :/ 

You did not select Disable PSX traffic injection in the RealTraffic program ..

Nico.

Im confused ive gone over thr manual 100times.

Whilst ut2 was still installed i ran the vrm and it generated the ai liveries txt

I then moved it to psxtraffic folder

I copied my ut2 simobjects aircraft folder and saved it in another drive outside p3d. Is this ok?should the folder remain in simobjects in p3d?

I then proceeded to uninstall ut2

But no parked aircraft at any of my aiports

Live aircraft are shown thou parked is highlighted but at 0 always

Im stumped.

Please advise

Thanks

Mike

Not seeing parked aircracft is not related to liveries. Do you have a ICAO.txt folder for your origin airport?

Please post your log file (it is in the same folder as PSXseeconTraffic.exe)

Thank you Niko! Could you indicate where I can found the log file ? I can't see something on the program folder.

It is in the same folder as PSXseeconTraffic.exe: PSXseeconTraffic.log.

Note that this information can also be found in the Manual, section 6.3 ...

Windows 7 - Update on the issues.

Just to let everyone know that I rolled back to an earlier time to try again to find the culprit for W7 issues.  I had been installing updates in batches and had about 125 installed with PSXseecon still working.  Last night I had just 26 to go.....mostly Windows security updates....I batched them into groups of 10 and finally hit a group that killed PSXseecon.  I have set a restore point and had taken a screenshot of the updates installed so tonight I will revert and try again.  Hopefully this leads somewhere but not sure yet that it will.  I will keep all posted.

Good news Mark, thx. Hope you will find it...

Nico

1) I get a lot of stutters

I get a definite stutter every time aircraft is introduced.

I think maybe running on a separate computer we'll take care of it.(?)

As I'm looking in my log, there is quite a bit of work done for each aircraft to figure out substitution and other things, maybe that creates a stutter.(?)

-------------------------------------------------------

As a separate observation;

I have noticed that I can see aircraft 20 miles away by their contrails.

I definitely can't see an aircraft beyond 25 miles.

And so Beyond that which often translates to quite a number of aircraft, I wish I could switch off (unnecessary loss of performance in stutters when they are loading in)

When I limit to 10 miles I am definitely missing many aircraft going by.

I think adjustable range would be a great addition.

Happy landings

mike

Sim,PC, monitor,prescription glasses, chair.

Oh absolutely....flying skills are secondary  :Tounge:

I fly IRL, real life flying does not require computer skills, I have friends with ATPs but I would not expect them to be knowledgeable about how to setup FS programs or setting up a FS computer properly.

One of my friends who is a former corporate pilot and has a daughter who is a FO for JetBlue asked me for help in setting up sims for a non profit school he wants to setup to expose young people to aviation. I have no where near the RW flying experience that either he or his daughter has but when it comes to sims he knows I know more than he does.

Mike Avallone