Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Saw a loss of 7 FPS, running Prefer Max Power, over my normal; Adaptive Mode

Thanks for the link. It's interesting but also contains some incorrect information.

I think "incorrect information" is not the case here. The thing is there are so many different pc formulations that one thing will be great for one person and for another it will not work. Guru3d is where I get most of my info because Nvidia employees usually provide input at times. 

• Upvote 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Typically, it is a YMMV!

In my case with my 1080 on my 2016 build PC, going to adaptive was transformational. Repeatable and measurable.

Cheers

Mark

Strange, I tried changing these settings and saw absolutely no difference at all... FPS was always the same... But glad this worked for somebody.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

i will try it today in the evening.

I have a watercooled GTX1080 G1 Gaming WB so i never hit the thermal Limit :)

my Card is clocking constantly on 2062 Mhz without OC and has 41 Degrees. 

But i never tried adaptive because i also thougt pref max Performance is the way to go.

When I 'suggested' that it can be the card protecting itself from reaching into the 'just below' protection temps thermal/throttle back range....and starting to ramp down, before, you actually reach the 'hard threshold', is what I truly meant.  We are not privy to what is all contained in our card's BIOS, and so, can't really know how the manufacturers will protect themselves from returns, and warranty issues.  I only wanted to suggest that this could be a path, whereby running at Prefer Maximum Power, with the card freq's cranked...could actually work against your primary intent of doing so.  I know, that as soon as I went back to my 'default' choice of Adaptive, all my max FPS readings returned, in each of my flight sims.  

That is where it will always be.  I'm done experimenting.  I saw day/night, that Adaptive gives you almost a sustained 26 percent FPS increase, in my case (GTX1070 FTW) air/cooled) in FPS ceilings, and so, it's good for my installations.

Mitch

Tried it with my SLI 970'S and it is a stutter mess and same FPS so no go for GTX970SC EVGA

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png