Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Your servers Down Sunday Morning?

No chill pill.

No one is disparaging the Devs.  For whatever reason this is a serious problem and needs a priority one fix.  

This is an alpha designed to find problems.  We have simply found a major issue that needs a fix soonest.

• Upvote 2

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

this is highly annoying to say the least, website is down, VFX central times out cause of if and none of the add ons work in offline mode. 

• Upvote 2

yup, no chill pill required...

Just walked the dog and i couldnt be more relaxed, but it didnt change my mind at all. Problem is that this addon has been rendered unusable due to a totally unnecessary requirement to be permanently connected to a server. Mind you, we are talking about a simple camera tool....Now if something like ActiveSky cant download real weather because the servers are offline, its unfortunate and annoying but still understandable because it requires an online source of data....but thats not the case with chaseplane.

Why would we need permanent online connection?

For the community camera sharing feature? Heck, thats not even live yet

For having your cams synced across several PC's? How many simmers use more than one sim-pc? 5%??

As a safety net in case of a total data loss? How often does this happen in a simmers life? And the time required to setup a few cams is in no relation to the time required to setup a whole new sim PC system. 

Thats what annoys me, its totally unnecessary from a functional perspective. 

Yes, i could fly without chaseplane, but what are my options?

Revert to default P3D viewing system? My keyboard config is completely customized and all P3D view hotkeys were removed. Not going to revert all that to default

Install EzDok v1 again? This would cost me several hours and most of my mental health, not going to spoil my sunday.

Buy EzDokv2 for 12USD? Well that becomes more and more imaginable... 

• Upvote 5

:angry:Disappointment, 2nd day with the chaseplane and this happens, this kind of problem I never had with EZDOK, I agree with all we need an offline mode not only for the chaseplane but also for immersion and for precipitfx! :angry:

• Upvote 1

Totally agree Lars with every word you said.

Very well put.

This has nothing to do with chill pills.

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

26 minutes ago, JakobF said:

Hi guys! 

Sorry that i have to say this but.. And this is meant in a very good way no trolling or nothing! So please do not mistake it to be so! And for the admins, if you find this to anything like I will be more than happy to delete the message. :) 

As much as it sucks that these things happens they do. It doesn't matter if it's payware or freeware. I believe that this is, of course, a hickup and not meant to happen.

So guys I have a request for you to do, is to take a chill-pill, open the window feel the fresh air (okay living in the city perhaps less fresh air but still), also feel the sun in your face or look at the moon and stars, or rain, or snow - depends on your ICAO location. :)

Go outside, go for a walk a run or do something, in a few hours I believe with my whole heart, that you will feel better and ready to see that your computer still stands by your desk and that the problem has been fixed - because they will do anything to fix the issue. ;)

Again this is NOT meant in any way negative just a reminder that life goes on! :) Cheers! 

Kindest regards

Jakob

agree  well said Jakob

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This really is annoying.  Most of us only have weekends to fly  Thank god I haven't uninstalled Ezdok- for this very purpose.

• Upvote 3

Indeed it's not the end of the world that ChasePlane is unavailable. I could still fly. But the fact TrackIR is also not working, which I can only assume is related, is a big problem. The pan-rate in FSX with my yoke's hat switch is painfully slow, even with the button repeat rate on max. A huge hinderance when flying a GA aircraft. I have previously disabled mouselook (space bar) in FSX's own bindings, to avoid conflicts with CP's mouselook, and I can't easily remap it because it's not called anything obvious in the FSX key bindings menu!

So, yes, I could find a workaround for everything but it will take quite some time to faff around in .cfg files to make lots of adjustments, just to get some basic ability to look around quickly and easily. If TrackIR was still functioning then I would be quite happy without CP, but for whatever reason, TrackIR doesn't even know FSX-SE is running. I cannot be sure that CP is to blame for this but I am very suspicious, as I have not have problems with TIR & FSX before...

Having been on the receiving end of technical support for many years, I am very patient with IT problems. Losing nearly all control of my views, both from CP and TrackIR, really is a big problem for me.

All we can do is to be patient, I know the developers will work hard to solve this. They have demonstrated their dedication plenty since CP launched and for that I must congratulate them. Now they need to find a suitable compromise between online sync services, anti-piracy measures, and customer needs. I wish them luck!

Martyn

Well put Martyn, fully agree!

I work in IT, mainly on projects and rollouts but i also maintain some client/server applications. One of those applications is hosted externally and requires a permanent online connection for licensing reasons. As customers pay for this service, we consider this as a tier 1 platform which means we pay an obscene amount of money to maintain permanent redundancy and reliability of the service. This includes premium support by the external hoster plus local failover servers and a mirrored setup in another data center. These costs have a significant hit on our margin...

Now if an essential service goes down, automated failover to local servers needs to be completed max 10 seconds after incident. If that doesnt work, manual failover to backup location needs to be performed by server support within 10 mins max. If that still doesn't resolve the issue, the technician will call me, even if its 3am in the morning. If i cant fix it in the next 10 mins, i need to inform the customers as max reaction time for intial end user notification is 20 minutes after incident.

And no, we are not a NASDAQ 500 company, not even close....   

Now the question is, how much of  "our money"  does FSFX invest in platform reliability? Its not my business at all, but i'm still wondering...

• Upvote 2

For me this means as well..."back to EZDOK"...I haven't even been able to play around with Chaseplane yet, but I'm already quite disappointed. Also because there is no Trackhat support.

Lets hope this gets sorted out soon!

• Upvote 1