Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Your servers Down Sunday Morning?

It's the only program that needs to ping their servers, even AS16 (Having tested it) can run without pinging HIFI Servers albeit it wont be able to have live or weather downloads for obvious reasons then but you can setup manual weather in it.

I get that the camera config files are stored on the cloud but redundancy means they should be stored locally too when you install the prog then if it starts and cant connect to server then it should run in an offline mode with a warning message or something about cant save cameras to cloud and then next time you run it online it uploads them... 

Steam & Origin both have offline modes.

• Upvote 5

Though it is bad that there is an online requirement that is not even the main issue I'm having with this.

What I find way more important is that some people can't use P3D because of this issue. A 3rd party app should never *ever* block you out of another program, especially ChasePlane. This is a very bad development architecture.

For the people wanting to fix this issue right now, manually editing the EXE.xml in %appdata% and setting ChasePlane to Disabled: true will at least allow you to use your simulator.

1.PNG

• Upvote 2

Guest Mik75

Yeah, it's really a bad joke, that your sim won't start anymore, and that you can't deactivate CP, once the internet connection fails (for whatever reason). Sure, one can change the exe.xml, and yes, CP is still Alpha, but the offline feature, and the ability to deactivate CP if the internet connection fails, should be part of the next update!

Really need to fix this.  Severity One !!!!

• Upvote 1

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

Agreed, needs to be able to run offline even if it comes with a warning that any changes to cameras will not be saved, for example.

I was left scratching my head this morning as I'm about to embark on another leg of my around the world trip, but ChasePlane refuses to work. Quick trip to the forums and I find the reason in this thread. Not good! It's probably the only bad thing I've found with CP so far, but it is quite a big one.

Edit: To make matters worse, even TrackIR is not working in FSX now... not sure if that is the result of CP being offline due to the new TIR integration. So indeed it looks like I am grounded for now :angry:

Martyn

• Upvote 1

The  dev  himself  already  stated  he is  working  on  a offline  mode  give  him time

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 minute ago, Mustang-242 said:

It's probably the only bad thing I've found with CP so far, but it is quite a big one.

Exactly this, i absolutely love chaseplane, even in its alpha state, but this is a serious showstopper, and server issues cant be excused with alpha status

Its now more than an hour since first reports, FSFX are based in european timezone as far as i know, and no server failover or  any status update from the devs. Thats a slap on the wrist for the devs and a clear warning for any potential future buyers

• Upvote 2

Don't want to pile on you guys but maybe you need to listen to this. I can't use FSX because the mouse is locked.

Blame Trump and the Russians.

Thank You.

Chris Stanley VTCC

19 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

The  dev  himself  already  stated  he is  working  on  a offline  mode  give  him time

TBH, i never really had the impression that this is on their priority list. Its a great and simple way to prevent piracy, but there's nothing worse than making paying customers life difficult with anti piracy measures that prevent to use the software. 

I commend Aerosoft for their approach: they always stated that, even though their software gets pirated a lot, they wont plaque their customers with over complicated protection measures or always online requirements 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, rdtv91 said:

Canada* so will be a few hours until we see any activity I think 😞

Canada, great....

Anyone living nearby to ring some door bells?

Come on guys.... OK, it's annoying unable to get ChasePlane running, but that isn't the reason why you won't be able to fly. Perhaps you realize how much more possibilities this Alpha program is offering you now you have to deal with the original equipment to look around. I'm flying now, without any problem. So, give the guys over there some credit and be a little more patient.

• Upvote 2

Hi guys! 

Sorry that i have to say this but.. And this is meant in a very good way no trolling or nothing! So please do not mistake it to be so! And for the admins, if you find this to anything like I will be more than happy to delete the message. :) 

As much as it sucks that these things happens they do. It doesn't matter if it's payware or freeware. I believe that this is, of course, a hickup and not meant to happen.

So guys I have a request for you to do, is to take a chill-pill, open the window feel the fresh air (okay living in the city perhaps less fresh air but still), also feel the sun in your face or look at the moon and stars, or rain, or snow - depends on your ICAO location. :)

Go outside, go for a walk a run or do something, in a few hours I believe with my whole heart, that you will feel better and ready to see that your computer still stands by your desk and that the problem has been fixed - because they will do anything to fix the issue. ;)

Again this is NOT meant in any way negative just a reminder that life goes on! :) Cheers! 

Kindest regards

Jakob

• Upvote 1

737 CL/NG skysurfer

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg2zzdi.jpg

well I am off for a walk hopefully will be up and running on my return

• Upvote 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

After all the good review and video I spent money on this software and trashed EZ....and this morning I cannot Fly in a proper way....Ok is in Alpha ...but I'm very disappointed...

a Yell from Italy

I-BELL

• Upvote 3